July 28, 2014 | 1303 users online

Lipstick - Giorgio Armani - Sheer Lipstick #6

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by HeatherSung

In the tube, the colour seems to be my perfect shade of intense red for evening dinners - The marilyn monroe red. But when applied, the colour is a sheer coat of very moisturising red tint. Almost like BENEtint.

I bought this item before benetint was launched. Thus, this product served as my "cherry lip stain". Whenever I wear this, my guy friends would always comment that i have very natural looking- kissable-red- child-like lips.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am very disappointed in this lipstick. Had to apply several coats just to get it to show up, is waxy, wears off easily and on an aesthethic note, the packaging allows for finger smudges to be seen and that looks tacky. As for the colour itself, I do not even like it ... on me an orange/rust/brown. Sorry to be the voice of dissent....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is a gorgeous red lipstick. I like the fact that the colour isn't overwhelming as it's quite sheer and very wearable EXCEPT for me. I have come to the conclusion that red lipsticks are just not for me. No matter which red lipstick I try on, and no matter how great the red colour is, it just doesn't compliment my skintone. That being said, I have to say that this is one of the most wearable reds out there in the market. Those ladies who love reds and those who look gorgeous in them, I would ask them to DEFINITELY try this one! It's a gorgeous shade of red - very sophisticated and glamorous, rather than tacky and cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by coconoir

Finally, a red that I can wear with confidence! It goes on really sheer, and it has amazing quality. Moisturizing, staying power not bad and the colour is simply gorgeous. I am really loving it, as with all Armani products I own.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by kbb2008

This lipstick looks absolutely INSANE in the tube -- a bright neon red. WAIT! NO! Don't stop reading. Usually, when people say something looks insanely bright in the tube but "it really does go on sheer!", I find that not to be the case. But this one REALLY DOES. It's amazing how soft it looks once it's on the lips. Still bright, but in a "wow, it's brightening my whole face" kind of way, not a "OMG, I look like an absolute harlot" kind of way. I have even worn this color to work -- it's that subtle, and you won't believe me when you see it in the tube, but you will when you put it on. :) BUY IT! It's a true red shade that would look great on many different skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2006 9:11:00 PM More reviews by cloudlight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one awesome red lipstick! In the tube, it's a scary bright (almost neon) red. But on my not-so-pigmented lips, it's a fresh, true red that brightens my light olive complexion. I love how the colour's sheer but saturated; and I love how it makes my lips appear fuller and plumper with a slight juicy shine. The texture of the lipstick is moisturizing but close to weightless, and leaves a lovely natural stain when it wears off. It's quite expensive for a lipstick, but for a great red I could wear day or night and moisturizes...I'd certainly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2005 5:04:00 AM More reviews by lornaj

I love this lipstick. It is slick and shiny and the bright red colour is great for day or night. I like to use this if I've gone heavy on the eye make-up but still want to wear red lips. Because it is sheer, the colour pigment is not too intense but still gives a lick of bright colour without being overpowering. The only downside is that it does have to be reapplied frequently.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2005 10:09:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite being a very scary bright red in the tube, this goes on a beautiful sheer pinky red on my blue-toned pigmented lips. It is quite a neutral tone, neither too cool nor too warm, and really fresh-looking. It certainly livens up my whole face. There is just the right degree of shine, no annoying scent and it is a very comfortable feeling lipstick. The only reason I don't give it top marks is that, although it doesn't bleed over the lipline, it needs to be reapplied frequently. Still, my new favourite - and I'm *very* fussy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2005 4:47:00 PM More reviews by alabasterhaze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this at the same time as my sister-in-law did; this stayed true to color on her (warm PPP, very pale lips). Very pretty, true red. I'm a cool PPP and have highly pigmented lips, and this looked somewhat pink on me. Not a true pink, not a true red. Tried different blushes to play up the red, to no avail. As other reviewers said, don't expect the eye-popping shade in the tube to show up on your lips; this is relatively sheer. Pretty w/ GA lipliner #9. I'm deducting one lippie for lack of staying power; GA Sheers must be reapplied very frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2004 2:08:00 AM More reviews by vvalencia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a staple for me. It's the one to reach for when you are definitely in a hurry in the morning. Very easy color to wear. My previous fave was MAC Shhh, but this has a better formulation and I love the natural look on my lips. I tried Kevyn Aucoin's version which is Dantique and it was way too pigmented for me. I love GA sheer lipsticks! It's like lipgloss effect but better!