November 23, 2014 | 1789 users online

Crème - Mary Kay - Cream-to-Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by mariajarvis

I have very very very VERY bad skin. I have very bad cystic acne scarring everywhere and this foundation covers it perfectly. For reference it covers much better than Revlon Color Stay foundation however it is very cakey looking (probably because I use a lot bc I need to and I also set it with MK mineral powder foundation so that's why it's cakey as I'm setting a foundation with another foundation) For people with normal skin applying it more lightly and setting with a powder thats meant to set foundation, it probably wont be very cakey.

It has a beautiful matte finish that looks soooooo freaking flawless whoever says the coverage of this stuff isn't good is just lying or applying it extremely sheer. I promise you this will cover whatever you need it to effortlessly.

At 15 dollars it's def worth the price for me. However, it transfers like a b****. Maybe that's because I have extremely oily skin though I mean 2 minutes after I set any foundation (not just this one) with powder, it looks shiny again. So it might not transfer for everyone (Like I said I use this heavily and I have oily skin)

I also have acne prone skin and this WILL NOT make you break out (unless you sleep in it then you will break out or maybe it's just me? I am a teenager by the way)

The color range is horrendous they don't go in order and it's very hard to find my shade. Ivory 2 fit me PERFECTLY when I was a little tan but now it looks orangish pink on me as my tan is gone. Ivory one is also too pinkish for me even though both Ivory 1 and 2 are said to have yellow undertones. Maybe I am olive toned. Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer in Medium Moyen is my perfect match and when I bought it, it looked green to me yet it matched, so I'm beginning to think I have pale olive toned skin and that's why even the so called yellow tones look pink on me

So in nutshell...

PROS
-Beautiful matte finish
-Doesn't make me break out (unlike glamoflauge which sort of makes me break out)
-Full coverage, no doubt about it.
-Not super expensive for the quality (some foundations are like 50 this one is 15)
-Covers concave pock mark type scarring unlike liquid foundations that just accentuate it.

CONS
-Color range isn't big at all I think there's like 10-12 shades? (There are more shades in other formulas however)
-Transfers FOR ME ATLEAST
-The tin always falls out of the container onto my carpet and a bunch of hairs get stuck on my foundation but you just have to be careful and not drop it and you'll be fine. It's definitely worth sacrificing if you need the coverage. You could also buy the magnetic compact to avoid this problem but it's like 40 dollars I think, not sure. If you don't need the coverage, find something else.
-Runs out in 2 weeks for me (but I use a lottttt of product) But you don't have to use as much as me and it still has great coverage! I promise! My mom has very red skin and uses this lighter than I do and it covers everything for her.

If I could only say one thing about it, I'd say you'd love it if you have troubled skin or textured skin and it truly does cover discoloration amazingly. If other bad reviews are scaring you away but you need a good coverage foundation, try it. It's wonderful for people with scarring.

When I run out of this product it's my main priority to get another one.

Also this is the only high quality foundation I've ever tried so I'm probably biased as it's obviously gonna be better than the drugstore foundations I'm comparing it to HOWEVER it WILL cover anything! But there is probably a better foundation that does what this one does and more. Try it out. It's great.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Mocomochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was told that creme-to-powder foundation would provide me with better coverage since I have pigmentation on my cheeks. However, I felt that I had wasted my money because firstly, it isn't suitable for my skin and secondly, it doesn't help with the coverage.

Why isn't it suitable for my skin? It doesn't blend nicely onto the skin even after applying their Mary Kay Face Primer. Patches could still be seen especially if you look at your face closely when you're applying it. Next, it doesn't seem to be able to withstand the humid temperature in Asia. 2 hours after leaving the house, my face look like an old lady's face with more obvious patches. -depressed for that day-

I used it once, and wouldn't use it again or repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

HOLY GRAIL STAUS! I used this years ago and for some reason decided to try it again. First off, couldnt find anything anywhere explaining the lighter ivory shades. I am NC15 and there are Ivory 1 and 2 shades...You would think Ivory 1 would be lighter but actually its a tiny bit darker than the 2 shade plus the 2 shade has a teeny bit more yellow...I'm a makeup freak so probably most wouldnt notice much of a different between the two at all. I have combo skin with large pores and like a make up to actually last. THIS IS IT! I have seen many people who apply this with a damp sponge...I tried it and it seemed to go on very uneven with that....so I tried to slightly damp my fingers and rub in...that worked ok BUT I have discovered THE ULTIMATE WAY TO APPLY THIS AND GET PERFECT SKIN THAT LOOKS NATURAL! I was on a BB kick...tried them all....high end...drugstore...and they just didnt last and provide the coverage....I love the AVON BB cream best if you can believe that! Its moisture without greasiness...so I apply a very small amount of the Avon BB cream first and then immediately dab my fingers into the Mary Kay creme to powder and put stripes all over my face...I use quite a bit and still get a natural look...for some reaon the BB cream gives this foundation the "Slip" that it terribly needs..I moisturize first but that doesn't seem to be enough "slip" for this foundation....the BB creme and the foundation seem to blend together...and it seems a little tacky for a very short time and then I apply Mary Kay's new white finishing powder...just a very small amount...and my face looks like NEVER BEFORE! and it lasts ALL DAY! I am 49 years old....have been searching and searching for coverage with a natural look and if you apply this foundation this way...you will never wear anything else!!! I'm not a Mary Kay consultant...just a blown away customer who is happy that I have finally found my Holy Grail!!!! FINALLY!!! But you have to apply it like I mentioned...oh yea....I use my fingers....sponges with this foundation use it up too quickly and with the BB cream, your fingers work best...Please try this!...And another thing....yep....it does have Bismuth in it....and I'm SEVERELY sensitive to that....but the ingredient seems to be far enough down the list that it doesn't affect me....which suprises me...but no breakouts and I have been wearing it every day for two weeks....So please give it a try.

UPDATE: 9-17-13 shade information! Well I broke down and purchased the Ivory .5 even though what I could find out, it is supposed to be very pink. Well I compared the .5 with the Ivory 1 and 2 and it looks very neutral and looks like it might be a great color for my NC 15 ish skin. I might have to put some stripes on my face of the Ivory .5 and the Ivory 2 and then blend together on my face when winter comes on. So you pale pale gals might really like the Ivory .5 alone. Its a super beautiful nice neutral shade that makes the Ivory 1 and 2 look quite darker. Hope this helps with the confusing shades of this foundation. Still loving it!!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Reminds a little of the YSL Matt Touch primer, and Cliniques Pore minimizer. This is almost like a "mousse", or lightweight cream... Minimizes pores.

The shades were a little hard for me, I'm a NC15/NW15....tried the ivory 0,5, that was too light for me, but the Ivory 1 was too dark.... but I could solve that by mixing them! If i'd like the formula.

This accentured my dry flaws... I have acne-prone skin, that is dry on some areas cause of all the treatments...So I often have dry patches and flaws here and there.... This accentured those!! AND it was really poor in coverage, felt tight and dry on the face...

I don't know if I would breakout, cause didn't like it much enough to give it a longrun try, but I'll maybe try it out more later ....

For now: I'm going on with the search.... ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundation I've tried/used from the Mary Kay line in years. A friend of mine sells the brand and, since I am always on the hunt for the "next best foundation", I was determined to find one in MK that would work for me. The color range in this line is so inconsistent, but that's another story/review. I'm NC44 in MAC but I find that in the liquid foundation, MK's darkest beige offering is too light for me, but Bronze 1 is too dark, which is how I settled on the Cream-to-Powder formula because there is a Bronze 0.5 available in it, which works for me. I use a damp sponge to apply it, and when I first swipe it on it reeks of yellow (which has left me questioning my true undertone lately). Once I blend it all out it actually looks decent. It wears well on me throughout the day. I have a little oiliness in my T-zone, and I find that I need to touch it up a couple of times during the day with my MAC Blot Powder, but it's nothing major and is not unlike every other foundation I have used. UPDATE: I tried this foundation in Beige 4 and think it works better than Bronze 0.5, which has really turned out to be too yellow for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ameliakatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this after going to MK party and loving how it looked on my skin! It has the best coverage of anything I've tried. It can look a little cakey, you have to blend it diligently and use sparingly for a more natural look. My biggest issue with this foundation is the feel, it's not as light as a powder. It didn't make me break out or irritate my skin, but I do have to blot more often when I wear it. Because it takes so much effort to blend, even as a perfect match, it's not conducive to my morning rush for work. Not my favorite for every day wear, but it's my go to when I want a lot of coverage, i.e., that time of the month, or special occasions, so I always keep it on hand. I have oily skin and this won't slide off, even if I forget primer. Like the finish once it's well-blended, it's not as dull as a powder. The other major issue is the packaging, you would think MK could put it in something better than that annoying, cheap tin! After a few applications it starts getting awkward, and so much falls over the side.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been using Mary Kay's Cream-to-Powder Foundation off and on since I began wearing makeup. I always come back to it because I prefer a cream-to-powder foundation, and although I usually buy DS products, cream-to-powder foundations seem to go in and out of vogue, so this one's reliable.

Most of the complaints about this foundation that I'm seeing on other reviews seem to be a result of applying the foundation with a dry sponge. Every MK lady I've ever seen apply this insists that you need to apply it with a damp sponge, and that's how I apply it. When you apply with a damp sponge, the foundation goes on sheer, is super blendable, and dries to a matte finish that looks natural and flawless. It's honestly one of the best foundations I've found for controlling or minimizing oil on my t-zone.

As another reviewer noted, if you have any dry skin on your face, this foundation will emphasize it. However, that's been true of any cream-to-powder foundation I've ever used.

That being said, I one complaint of my own to add ;) It takes me forever (years, sometimes) to use up a foundation, and when I repurchased this recently, I was very displeased with the current packaging. The thin plastic "compact" is obviously meant to be a toss-away, making it almost necessary to purchase MK's compact, which I refuse to do. The old compact wasn't attractive, but it was at least sturdy and easy to use, which this is not. Also, I can't be certain, but I'm fairly sure there is less product in the new compact. While that's not a problem since I use very little, the price certainly hasn't gone down to reflect this. Still, MK's foundations are still comparable in price to the better DS foundations.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff stays on my face so well, but that's almost a bad thing. It's difficult to get off w/o having to scrub my face to death, and even after that I wipe my face with some astringent and I still see foundation coming off on the wipe. It provides excellent coverage. It's thick and kinda difficult to blend/spread onto your face, so I end up using alot to cover my whole face, and that makes me look I'm fake and wearing make-up; so I have to be very careful applying this. Also, if my face has any dry patches, this stuff will accentuate them. It gives a very matte finish which I like, and I don't have to apply powder on top. I won't buy this stuff again because it's expensive (to me) for something that doesn't doesn't work well for me; I also have no idea if it's non-comedogenic, and that scares me so I don't use it very often.
Basically, if you have oily skin and are looking for a long-wearing matte-finish foundation and aren't a cheapo like me, this stuff may work well for you.

UPDATE: I tried what the person said in the comment above mine about using a damp cosmetic sponge, and it worked BEAUTIFULLY! The foundation still dried to a powdery finish and accentuated my one little dry spot, but it was much easier to apply and looked almost flawless :) Maybe now I'll consider repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by riahawesomeness123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use mary kay cream to powder foundatiuon i use baige 3 i love it but i wish it came with more !

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by gLoOo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My face loves this foundation.. My face is ivory (I am NC20 on MAC) It lasts long on my face and gives a good coverage. It also gives a natural and flawless look on me like i haven't put anything. It minimizes my pores and I still look fresh at the end of the day! This foundation doesn't appear cakey. Though, I need to set it with a powder foundation because my face gets oily when I put it on alone. I will definitely buy this product again. Its worth the price!