Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleansing Pads

3.8

Not tested on animals

Witch Hazel, Grain Alcohol (Organic), Eco-harvest Tea Tree Oil, Calendula Flower, Chamomile German (Organic), Lavender Spike, Lemongrass Oil (Organic), Extract of Chamomile, Goldenseal, Hawaiian White Ginger, Bladderwrack, Neem Oil

on 2/25/2015 11:32:00 PM

At about 10$ for 50 pads its not a bad price considering how well it kills off breakouts. I use them sparingly though because too much tea tree oil on sensitive skin can be extremely drying. Nice to use after a regular cleanser to get rid out excess makeup at night. Makes skin nice and taut with tiny pores if your regimen is balanced.
Just dont leave it too long or the pads eventually dry out. I ended up adding a drop of water to them to remoisten, they still seem to work alright.

on 1/15/2015 6:53:00 PM

I've always liked tea tree on my skin when I'm prone to breaking out. Like a week before or during my monthly. Sorry I had to say that because that's when I produce more oil and just seem to get a breakout. I use this like a toner on my t-zone or jaw line, chin, etc,. Then I use a little Thayers Rose water toner lightly over it to remove some of the oil. I then apply my serum and moisturizer and I'm good. Since using these my breakouts or I should say lack there of because I only get like one spot and it heals so fast! I use these while my skin is damp and they kinda exfoilate my problem areas. It also minimizes them being rough on my skin.

It's a good product and very reasonable too. I like these because they are keeping my skin balanced and spots to a minimum. They are especially good on the jaw line where I'm prone to hormonal acne. Plus I like the roughness or exfoilation on my jaw line since it's tougher skin. If you find them a little rough use them when your face is damp or as I like to remove dead skin and all that meh stuff. It works so I'm a happy girl! Recommended!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a great product for my acne prone skin. I use these a few times a week or as needed when my skin feels too oily or I'm getting a breakout. My skin feels so refreshed after using this product. It does not irritate my sensitive skin. If you have dry skin, this is not the product for you.

on 2/17/2014 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

YEOWCH. These pads were NOT friends with my acne-prone combination skin; for some reason, the pads have an incredibly harsh texture. My skin would be red and irritated, no matter how light a hand I used. It felt like I was rubbing sandpaper against my face!

on 11/21/2013 10:35:00 PM

I've been using this tea tree oil pads for several years, and I absolutely love it!! It leaves my skin clear, and break outs are few and far in between. (I have combination skin.) I used to be able to use it morning and night daily, but my skin must have become more sensitive over the years because sometimes it stings like hell. So I started reducing the use to once every other day at night. I also very lightly dab it on my face to reduce the stinging (and sometimes skip a day or two). I still think that it's a great product that can help break outs, it's just that you'll have to experiment with it a few times to see how much your skin can take it at a given time.

Tip: After I dab the pad on my face, I wipe the undersides of my feet with it, and it totally prevents foot odor!! Awesome stuff to use during winter times when your piggies rarely get exposed to fresh air :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I personally love these and feel inclined to give them a fantastic review to offset the poor ratings that these pads are recieving!

For reference, I have combination skin that is prone to clogged pores and sometimes acne, if I aggravate it. I love the list of ingredients in this formula, it's all natural and contains ingredients that are known to be good for the skin. They contain no animal products and are a cruelty-free company, which means I'm a happy and guilt-free consumer (:
All right, now, I've been doing well in rehabilitating my skin lately and was looking for a product to offset small blemishes caused by oily skin throughout the day, so I picked these up from Whole Foods after reading the reviews on MU about them. I expected the strong smell, as other reviewers have noted, and I don't mind the smell because I know it's not artificial fragrance- only the natural scent of tea tree oil. Plus, honestly, the smell is only "unbearable" if you focus on it intently, which I do not. The pads are a bit abrasive, for lack of a better word, so I don't even use a scrub to take off dead skin anymore- these do it for me! They can be scratchy if you apply too much pressure and use them roughly on your face, I'll say, and I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Within the first few days of using these, I noticed a fantastic difference in my skin (: it was less oily throughout the day and blemishes healed far more quickly- the results excited me to no end and I'd recommend these to anybody looking for clear(er) skin. Even after cleansing and toning, these pads picked up the last bits of dirt left on my skin, and that impressed me; my AHA moisturizer also seemed to absorb better, as well, which means faster results for me overall in my skin regimen!
Now I'll stop babbling. Purchase these! I don't think you'll regret it!

on 10/16/2012 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is one product you do not use as directed. Have you tried to remove make-up with these pads???? OUCH! Feels more like rubbing your face with bricks.

Remove make-up with make-up remover. Wash face. While face is still dripping wet apply the tea tree oil pads.

Follow by a serum/moisturizer or both.

If you use it this way you will see an absolute difference in the morning. I would not use it if I had sensitive skin. It is kinda harsh. But if you like a little stinging followed by a cooling sensation from your serum---this is the way to go.

These pads are great for large pores if used as I described. If you need a break from retinolds I would strongly suggest using these pads.... if you can no longer afford your regular high priced serum...use these pads.

on 8/24/2012 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have very sensitive skin.
Yes, this product does cleanse the skin....and remove the outer epidermis layer as well!
These pads cause burns and subsequently 'dents' or pockmarks on the skin. Way too harsh for facial skin. In addition, the strips leave the skin super dry (flaking) and pores enlarged. Even after applying a moisturizer, the skin looks horrible.
The smell is okay - sort of medicinal.
I prefer the gentler alternative of using cold cream cleanser.

on 8/16/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not sure why the rating is so low on these! They must not work for everyone else the way they work for me.

These pads have seriously changed my life. I've been using them for two years now and haven't had one breakout -- NOT ONE. I struggled with chin acne for about 8 years, every day -- and now no breakouts!!

They're the only drugstore product I use and I will buy these for the rest of my life!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have fair to medium skin that is normal to sensitive that stays clear most of the time. When I do get any zits, though, I like to use these to clear them up. I sometimes get rashes out of stress, and these pads help with that problem as well. They do not feel harsh and irritate my skin, either.

Popular Face Skincare Products