October 26, 2014 | 1411 users online

Skincare - Face - Desert Essence - Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleansing Pads

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This is a great product for my acne prone skin. I use these a few times a week or as needed when my skin feels too oily or I'm getting a breakout. My skin feels so refreshed after using this product. It does not irritate my sensitive skin. If you have dry skin, this is not the product for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

YEOWCH. These pads were NOT friends with my acne-prone combination skin; for some reason, the pads have an incredibly harsh texture. My skin would be red and irritated, no matter how light a hand I used. It felt like I was rubbing sandpaper against my face!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by jjuliana

I've been using this tea tree oil pads for several years, and I absolutely love it!! It leaves my skin clear, and break outs are few and far in between. (I have combination skin.) I used to be able to use it morning and night daily, but my skin must have become more sensitive over the years because sometimes it stings like hell. So I started reducing the use to once every other day at night. I also very lightly dab it on my face to reduce the stinging (and sometimes skip a day or two). I still think that it's a great product that can help break outs, it's just that you'll have to experiment with it a few times to see how much your skin can take it at a given time.

Tip: After I dab the pad on my face, I wipe the undersides of my feet with it, and it totally prevents foot odor!! Awesome stuff to use during winter times when your piggies rarely get exposed to fresh air :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

I personally love these and feel inclined to give them a fantastic review to offset the poor ratings that these pads are recieving!

For reference, I have combination skin that is prone to clogged pores and sometimes acne, if I aggravate it. I love the list of ingredients in this formula, it's all natural and contains ingredients that are known to be good for the skin. They contain no animal products and are a cruelty-free company, which means I'm a happy and guilt-free consumer (:
All right, now, I've been doing well in rehabilitating my skin lately and was looking for a product to offset small blemishes caused by oily skin throughout the day, so I picked these up from Whole Foods after reading the reviews on MU about them. I expected the strong smell, as other reviewers have noted, and I don't mind the smell because I know it's not artificial fragrance- only the natural scent of tea tree oil. Plus, honestly, the smell is only "unbearable" if you focus on it intently, which I do not. The pads are a bit abrasive, for lack of a better word, so I don't even use a scrub to take off dead skin anymore- these do it for me! They can be scratchy if you apply too much pressure and use them roughly on your face, I'll say, and I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Within the first few days of using these, I noticed a fantastic difference in my skin (: it was less oily throughout the day and blemishes healed far more quickly- the results excited me to no end and I'd recommend these to anybody looking for clear(er) skin. Even after cleansing and toning, these pads picked up the last bits of dirt left on my skin, and that impressed me; my AHA moisturizer also seemed to absorb better, as well, which means faster results for me overall in my skin regimen!
Now I'll stop babbling. Purchase these! I don't think you'll regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Bronze71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one product you do not use as directed. Have you tried to remove make-up with these pads???? OUCH! Feels more like rubbing your face with bricks.

Remove make-up with make-up remover. Wash face. While face is still dripping wet apply the tea tree oil pads.

Follow by a serum/moisturizer or both.

If you use it this way you will see an absolute difference in the morning. I would not use it if I had sensitive skin. It is kinda harsh. But if you like a little stinging followed by a cooling sensation from your serum---this is the way to go.

These pads are great for large pores if used as I described. If you need a break from retinolds I would strongly suggest using these pads.... if you can no longer afford your regular high priced serum...use these pads.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin.
Yes, this product does cleanse the skin....and remove the outer epidermis layer as well!
These pads cause burns and subsequently 'dents' or pockmarks on the skin. Way too harsh for facial skin. In addition, the strips leave the skin super dry (flaking) and pores enlarged. Even after applying a moisturizer, the skin looks horrible.
The smell is okay - sort of medicinal.
I prefer the gentler alternative of using cold cream cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by trishz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure why the rating is so low on these! They must not work for everyone else the way they work for me.

These pads have seriously changed my life. I've been using them for two years now and haven't had one breakout -- NOT ONE. I struggled with chin acne for about 8 years, every day -- and now no breakouts!!

They're the only drugstore product I use and I will buy these for the rest of my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by squirrelsatemyramen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fair to medium skin that is normal to sensitive that stays clear most of the time. When I do get any zits, though, I like to use these to clear them up. I sometimes get rashes out of stress, and these pads help with that problem as well. They do not feel harsh and irritate my skin, either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I really love these things and feel like they're contributing to a vast improvement I've seen in my skin lately. They're quite harsh, and do have alcohol in them, but I rather suspect that's makes them so effective, in that they really do completely remove all traces of makeup, oil, and debris.

I use either makeup remover wipes or micellar water at night to remove makeup & cleanse my skin, followed by a spritz of grape water. These pads are the last step in getting everything of my face before toning & moisturizing.

They seem to be quite effective in keeping blackheads at bay and treating a hormonal acneic patch on my chin/jawline that flares up. I buy them at vitacost and the price is very reasonable, as all Desert Essence products are. My only complaint is that by the time I get down to the last 7 or 8 pads, they tend to be dried out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I use the pads at night to take off make-up and keep acne away. It has done pretty well at both. Most of my acne is gone and I'm down to 3 very very tiny pimples at the moment. Which is a great improvement because my other pimples were larger and there were more. My skin just has improved over all and it does help I'm using an AHA lotion & Grapeseed oil at night to combat the dryness. If these continue to keep 80%+ of the pimples away then I'll continue to purchase them. I do have to say they smell & sting a little sometimes but those things don't bother me (might bother others and wanted to make note of it).