La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser

3.6

Water,Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexyloxyglycerin, Capryl Glycol.

on 5/15/2015 10:24:00 AM

My go-to makeup remover.
Removes all makeup including eye makeup with just a few swipes of this on the face with a cotton pad.
Leaves skin feeling clean and moisturized.
Calms and refreshes my sensitive and allergy prone skin.
Doesn't break out my acne prone skin.
Great product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This product is simple and effective if you buy it for its intended use. I have rosacea and irritable skin and this is the only thing that I can use without moisturizing afterwards.

Use like you would a cold cream, gently massage in your skin and wipe with soft tissues. It's advantage over cold cream is that it is suitable for sensitive skin and has no perfume.

I keep it at my desk to remove non waterproof make-up very gently and effectively,

If you have waterproof eyeliner or mascara on, it is best to use an oil based product.

I would buy it again, if I ever ran out. But even though I usually do a double-cleanse, I had this bottle forever (400 ml. with pump) and a little goes a long way.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to keep a very simple skin routine because of rosacea so I tried this cleanser, as it seemed my best bet. It as only 8 ingredients. My skin is not crazy sensitive and it's on the dry side but I feel like this doesn't aggravate it at all and it's best to be safe than sorry.
It has a milk consistency and you can use it with or without rinsing. I prefer to apply it on dry skin and remove with warm water and sometimes a cloth. I don't use much make-up - mostly sunscreen and foundation so I can't guarantee it's great for that. If I want to remove eye make-up I usually go for Bioderma. As a morning cleanser, Toleriane is perfect, no residue, never caused any irritation or break-outs.
The packaging for the 200ml sucks as the lid doesn't close well but if you get the 400ml you get a pump so it's a great improvement. And you can get a 400ml for under 10 in Europe which I find accessible

on 3/21/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't remove makeup well. I have to use a cloth as well as a toner which then lifts off the residue and there's lots of it. I don't see the point of this product.

on 3/7/2015 10:06:00 PM

I like that it doesn't break me out or dry my skin. It doesn't really remove my makeup

on 3/4/2015 11:49:00 PM

I have extremely dry and sensitive skin naturally and I just used the wrong product on my face, Ren Cleansing Milk, which turned it into a dehydrated mess.
My usual cleanser has been discontinued: Biotherm Biosource Biosensitive. It is a cleansing milk without fragrance, without alcohol, and without parabens. That cleanser worked wonders for me for 5 years. This is the closest thing to that cleanser I could find. Other brands of milk cleansers contain shea butter and my skin does not tolerate shea butter very well; For some reason my skin dries out from all the butter.
After my first cleanse with LRP my skin felt comfortable. My nose felt a little dry but I used 3 passes of it. Maybe a little stripping for 3 goes but for my skin being in horrible condition there was minimal discomfort. I will use day and night for a bit and update after that.
FYI. I always put cleansing milk directly on my face and swirl it around in a circular motion then go in with a cotton pad and take it off. I never leave it on my face. I always apply to a dry face and after I use a dry Sheseido cotton pad for removal I usually dampen the 2nd or 3rd cotton pad with water to remove what has been left behind and then splash water on my face after. Worked like a charm for my other cleansing milk and this LRP cleanser seems similar.
I do not wear foundation, just concealer to hide my broken capillaries. The concealer wiped off perfectly onto the cotton pad i used to wipe the product off with.
As for mascara removal I wear Dior Show and that is the ONLY mascara that on its own does NOT make my eyes red when it lands in my eye or around the delicate eye tissue. On that note, upon removing my mascara with this product I did not experience any discomfort. I just put a trace of milk onto a cotton pad and place the pad on the lashes and let it do its thing. 2 firm presses and it is all gone. For those of you who experience discomfort from taking eye makeup off, maybe it is the mascara and not the cleansing product. Maybe?? I was actually watching a you tube video on someone taking her makeup off and she actually wiped her eye makeup off onto her face and kept on swirling it around until her face was all black. Granted she got all of her makeup off with her heavy duty cleanser but her toner was wiping all the black off her face at the end. Just saying. Mascara isn't supposed to be used on the cheeks. Jeeze.... Lol.
I am crossing my fingers this doesn't clog my pores. Will update good or bad soon. :)
Update...i just cleansed in the AM following the first PM night cleanse and my skin is a little dry on my chin and forehead. Not too sure if it is just the flakiness coming off from the damage I did from the Ren cleanser but my face doesn't feel too tight anymore.
I will update tonight and tell you how my face is after my next PM wash.

on 3/4/2015 4:35:00 PM

This is a gentle cleanser, but it did sting my eyes. The best way to describe this cleanser is that it acts like a liquid cold cream. I believe this probably works the best by wiping it off with a warm cloth as it does say to wipe off! With just a rise, it doesn't feel like it rinses off easily. So if you don't mind wiping your cleanser off, and you don't mind the feel of a cold cream cleanser, this may be right for you!

on 2/23/2015 5:09:00 PM

Cannot live without this cleanser. I have hyper-reactive combination-type skin and this is the only product I can wash my face with. It's useless for removing makeup but is excellent at gentle facial cleansing. Doesn't break me out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very sensitive and dry skin, so this is my Holy Grail cleanser and the only one that I can use!

I have been using this for years and I am very very happy with it! I did 'betray' it once, out of curiosity, just to try something new, and my skin has punished me in the worst possible way. It got all red, itchy and started to burn, but when I got back to my trusted Toleriane, everything got back to normal. So no, I don't think I will ever use a different cleanser!

on 2/6/2015 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product saved my skin. My skin started playing up and felt really hot in the cheeks all the time. I decided to stop using foaming cleansers and purchased this product. This made a difference from the first use, it calmed my skin down, reduced redness, smoothed away flakes, cleaned well and rinsed easily. Its a bit like Cetaphil, but removes makeup and sunscreen and does not contain sodium lauryl sulphate. The best cleanser I have ever used.