April 17, 2014 | 977 users online

Cleansers - La Roche Posay - Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Essiegirl86

Bought this after reading a review from beautypedia saying that this is good for sensitive skin. Used it one time, got red spots, bumps, break-outs and red areas all over my face. On places I normally have great skin. Used it again last night, woke up this morning with the same problem. I used it together with clinique clarifying lotion mild which has never given me problems before. So I say: save your money.. and your skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Sian01

One of my my favourite cleansers! I have oily (but dehydrated), acne-prone skin. In the past, I would regularly purchase acne fighting cleansers (usually gel, foaming cleansers). I didn't realise at the time, that many of them stripped my skin and left it more dehydrated, in which my skin retaliated by producing more oil.
When applying this cleanser it feels so smooth and light-weight, it isn't a foaming face wash but it still leaves my skin very clean, and also hydrated. Since the first use, I have not experienced any redness or irritation. It's been just over a month of me using this cleanser, and I can confidently say my skin is looking and feeling great. Softer, smoother, and hydrated. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by nadienne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What's great about it: it's milky, it's soft, it clears the pores well, it doesn't strip and it doesn't break me out.

This product isn't perfect, but it's the best thing I've found for my skin so far. It seems to leave a hydrating layer behind - I found that annoying at first, but I've grown to appreciate it since. It doesn't do a great job with taking off heavy duty eye makeup, which is why I kept looking after I found it, but a dedicated remover takes care of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ssim2

I have been using this product for the past one year for removing makeup only. It was recommended by my skin doctor and I was glad she introduced this together with another cleanser from the La Roche Posay. It was a gentle cleanser that doesn't make me feel oily and sticky. However, I will still usually follow up with the cleanser to make sure no makeup traces leaves on my skin overnight. It is pretty pricey and would normally stock up whenever there is sale, especially each bottle would last me a month...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by cstrutt

I have rosacea and was really excited when I found a line that had great reviews for sensitive skin. I was so disapointed when I tried this specific product out. Now this product didnt do anything negative to my face, like cause my redness or flare up or breakout BUT it leaves this weird film texture behind almost like you didnt rinse the product off. It says that it is supposed to help remove make up IT DOES'T all it does is push your makeup around on your face and leave behind residue. I would suggest if you buy this use this only in the morning when you have no make up but to me it was a useless product to have around so I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Doogiedog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 55 and have spent a fortune on trying to find a cleanser and moisturizer that my skin can tolerate. Products are always ok for a couple of days and then boom . . . my face breaks out. Went to a Dermatologist for another matter and got on to discussing what I use on my face. Nothing I said. She put me on Metrocream (prescription) to clean up my face and then gave me samples of Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser and Toleriane Ultra Moisturizer. Have been using for 3 months now. No break outs and what a difference in my skin. I am absolutely amazed! If you have skin like mine try it the 3 I did, Metrocream, Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser and Toleriane Ultra Moisturizer. Others have commented that the Cleanser does not take off make off. I found the same so I use 1 squirt to lift everything off and a second squirt to complete the cleansing. Face is very clean and feels well hydrated.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy schmoly. Worst skin reaction to a product for me to date. I like La Roche Posay products in general but this is a danger zone for me. I think it must be the first ingredient Ethylhexyl Palmitate, which I've since found out can be very clogging for some acne prones. It took 2 maybe 3 uses for it to destroy my skin. I never normally react so quickly to products. Apart from that it is a very gently, fragrance free, simple cleanser, but unfortunately I can't ever use it again or recommend it. It's going in the bin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by XxCalyypsoxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I spent a week going through reviews on every site out there trying to find an answer to my cleanser quest. I have fair skin that gets covered in blackheads and little white bumps and the occasional big blemish. My skin is ussually red and aggrivated from everything. I gave this cleanser a try and not only does it go on softly and leave my skin dewy and clean without stripping it, it also rinses well (doesnt make you skin "squeaky" and rubbery). I have used it for a week now and my skin is nowhere near as red and aggrivated and its softer! i also am using the toleraine fluid moisturizer and it feathery light, no greasy mess, just gently sinks into my skin. For once i found a product i will buy over and over!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is very gentle - if you have sensitive skin (as I do) - you'll love it. I've been using this for the last 5 years and have never had an issue. It cleanses my skin (I usually wash twice, after I remove my makeup first) and leaves it 'perfect'. Not drying, not greasy. It doesn't irritate my eyes either, which is nice since it can sometimes be impossible not to get cleanser in my eyes! Highly highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Sabra15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the only cleanser on the planet I can use on my face after developing rosacea (the acne kind, not the red cheeks) and I don't know what I would do without it! A dermatologist recommended it years ago and I've never strayed... Well, I did try Clinique's cleanser for rosacea for some reason and broke out horribly and my eczema flared up. It is pricey for someone who used store-brand Cetaphil forever, but a CVS in my city carries La Roche Posay and with all my CVS coupons, etc., I don't think I ever pay more than $15 a bottle. Oh, a tip on getting your money's worth--just flip the bottle upside-down onto the flat lid when you get towards the end of the cleanser and you get a few more uses!

Per the rosacea, all other cleansers cause me to break out and further dry my skin--the paradoxical aspect of rosacea vs. true acne. The fact that it doesn't contain any alcohol, unlike Cetaphil, etc., is precisely why it works. I also have highly sensitive skin and eczema as mentioned and zero issues there. As far as actually cleaning your face, I wear waterproof mascara and with some gentle rubbing, it takes it right off. Your face won't feel squeaky clean, but that's not the goal with sensitive and/or dry skin as only harsh ingredients will do that, and I don't feel that is natural for any type of skin. So, it's a win-win product for me.