August 20, 2014 | 1406 users online

Cleansers - La Roche Posay - Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Kittyaddict

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this cleanser for a few years now and I cannot sing it's praises highly enough. I have a hypersensitive skin that hates most things, but it tolerates this lovely product really well. It was recommended to be by a Dermatologist who said that she recommends this cleanser to patients who have had procedures and for Rosacea clients - that's how gentle it is. Saying that, it also easily removes eye make up and stubborn mascara easily. I would never just "wipe off" a cleanser with a tissue - logic tells me that you will have cleanser and make up left on your face. I do wash this off as I would any other cleanser (I don't believe in wipes for the same reason, but I digress). I think it's a very compatible price considering it's more of a specialist product. I also use the Toleriane Riche moisturiser which is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My sensitive skin is very particular with skin care and it seems to gravitate towards La Rochy Posay products. A cosmetician did tell me that her clients who like LRP really dislike or cannot use Avene products and vice versa. I think she's right because Avene products don't really work for my skin as well as LRP products do.

I have rosacea and that rules out any foaming cleansers so I need to use milky type cleansers. Unfortunately this type of cleanser doesn't remove makeup as well as the foaming or gel cleansers but it's a trade off. The foaming and gel cleansers aggravate my rosacea and dry out my skin so it's a no brainer for me.

The Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser is great for my normal/combo skin and I agree with other reviewers about having to use it twice to remove makeup completely. I use The Body Shop's Muslin cloth to help with makeup removal.

My skin feels clean but not stripped or dry. A lot of people at work have been complimenting on my skin as of late so it's doing something right.

I've added this cleanser to my skin care regime. It's not exactly inexpensive at $24 CAD but my favourite drugstore has regular specials or sales on this line so I'll nab an extra bottle when I can.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love how short the ingredient list is, and I love the fact that there's no mineral oil in it. Most makeup removers from brands like Vichy, Avene, LRP...etc. contain high amount of mineral oil, while the jury is still out as to whether mineral oil is harmful to human skin or not, I personally prefer not to use any products with mineral oil in it. (A lot of moisturizers from LRP also contain mineral oil.)

I always buy the 400ml bottle, it's a lot more economical and it comes with a pump. To be on the safe side, I usually use quite a lot of it everytime, at least until the tissues come out completely clear. It doesn't remove heavy eye makeup easily, but with some persistence, it does leave you with a completely clean face. I always put a bit of Cicaplast on my skin afterwards, otherwise my skin can feel a bit on the dry side.

It's a milky white fluid with minimal scent, and some days it feels really soothing when I start rubbing it on my face. It's the feeling of "Finally, my skin and I can rest for the day."

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Essiegirl86

Bought this after reading a review from beautypedia saying that this is good for sensitive skin. Used it one time, got red spots, bumps, break-outs and red areas all over my face. On places I normally have great skin. Used it again last night, woke up this morning with the same problem. I used it together with clinique clarifying lotion mild which has never given me problems before. So I say: save your money.. and your skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Sian01

One of my my favourite cleansers! I have oily (but dehydrated), acne-prone skin. In the past, I would regularly purchase acne fighting cleansers (usually gel, foaming cleansers). I didn't realise at the time, that many of them stripped my skin and left it more dehydrated, in which my skin retaliated by producing more oil.
When applying this cleanser it feels so smooth and light-weight, it isn't a foaming face wash but it still leaves my skin very clean, and also hydrated. Since the first use, I have not experienced any redness or irritation. It's been just over a month of me using this cleanser, and I can confidently say my skin is looking and feeling great. Softer, smoother, and hydrated. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by nadienne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What's great about it: it's milky, it's soft, it clears the pores well, it doesn't strip and it doesn't break me out.

This product isn't perfect, but it's the best thing I've found for my skin so far. It seems to leave a hydrating layer behind - I found that annoying at first, but I've grown to appreciate it since. It doesn't do a great job with taking off heavy duty eye makeup, which is why I kept looking after I found it, but a dedicated remover takes care of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ssim2

I have been using this product for the past one year for removing makeup only. It was recommended by my skin doctor and I was glad she introduced this together with another cleanser from the La Roche Posay. It was a gentle cleanser that doesn't make me feel oily and sticky. However, I will still usually follow up with the cleanser to make sure no makeup traces leaves on my skin overnight. It is pretty pricey and would normally stock up whenever there is sale, especially each bottle would last me a month...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by cstrutt

I have rosacea and was really excited when I found a line that had great reviews for sensitive skin. I was so disapointed when I tried this specific product out. Now this product didnt do anything negative to my face, like cause my redness or flare up or breakout BUT it leaves this weird film texture behind almost like you didnt rinse the product off. It says that it is supposed to help remove make up IT DOES'T all it does is push your makeup around on your face and leave behind residue. I would suggest if you buy this use this only in the morning when you have no make up but to me it was a useless product to have around so I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Doogiedog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 55 and have spent a fortune on trying to find a cleanser and moisturizer that my skin can tolerate. Products are always ok for a couple of days and then boom . . . my face breaks out. Went to a Dermatologist for another matter and got on to discussing what I use on my face. Nothing I said. She put me on Metrocream (prescription) to clean up my face and then gave me samples of Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser and Toleriane Ultra Moisturizer. Have been using for 3 months now. No break outs and what a difference in my skin. I am absolutely amazed! If you have skin like mine try it the 3 I did, Metrocream, Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser and Toleriane Ultra Moisturizer. Others have commented that the Cleanser does not take off make off. I found the same so I use 1 squirt to lift everything off and a second squirt to complete the cleansing. Face is very clean and feels well hydrated.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy schmoly. Worst skin reaction to a product for me to date. I like La Roche Posay products in general but this is a danger zone for me. I think it must be the first ingredient Ethylhexyl Palmitate, which I've since found out can be very clogging for some acne prones. It took 2 maybe 3 uses for it to destroy my skin. I never normally react so quickly to products. Apart from that it is a very gently, fragrance free, simple cleanser, but unfortunately I can't ever use it again or recommend it. It's going in the bin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No