La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

3.8

Aqua/Water,Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol

I was using this for a while when my face used to be fragile yet acne prone. I feel this is light yet still hydrating so that you won't have break out form the moisture. I keep 1 bottle in the fridge so that I have sth to switch to if my skin got 'fragile' again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Holy grail face moisturizer. I have extremely sensitive skin, which has (up until 1 year ago) been pretty normal, with an oily t-zone. This year, cold weather along with a 3 month prescription of minocycline for some horrid hormonal acne/dermatitis has dried the cr*p out of my skin. I have never had flakey skin on my face in my life. This moisturizer has completely saved my skin, doesn't break me out, and feels soothing on the face. Super simple, irritant-free formula. I have rebought this twice now. I also use LRP Lipikar Baume AP+ for SUPER dry spots, on top of this moisturizer if needed. Big fan of LRP <3. Make up goes on nicely over it. Love the pump bottle that keeps everything sanitary. It's a little pricey, but when it's on sale at Shopper's Drugmart I snatch up a few.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After using a retinol product more than a year ago, my skin has become super sensitive now and every thing I tried up to finding Toleraine made angry red blotches appear on my face and caused swelling under my eyes. This very light moisturizer has been a godsend for me because it causes absolutely no reaction. It has no fragrance, petrochemicals or parabens but it moisturizers my somewhat oily skin well without excessive greasiness. I also use the heavier cream form around my eyes and it does an excellent job as well. Prior to finding Toleraine, absolutely everything I tried broke me out but after using these Toleraine products for several weeks, the reactions subsided and my skin is now totally clear and unreactive. If you're looking for a product for super sensitive skin, you can't do better than Toleraine. I can't find this moisturizer locally so I order it from Amazon and have had no issues with authenticity. A tube runs about $23 and it lasts quite a long time even though the tube itself is small. Prior to using this moisturizer, I use the Murad serum for sensitive skin and then add the cream form of Toleraine for my eye area. I then use the Anthelios SPF 50 serum on top. These products not only hydrate well but also protect my skin from the relentless Florida sunlight. I'm truly loving La Roche Posay products (and the Murad serum too) and will continue to use them because my skin's sensitivity shows no sign of abating. I highly recommend Toleraine products.

This is the only moisturizer to date that hasn't broken me out. I've tried everything from drugstore to very expensive brands from spas like Pevonia and Hylunia (all natural), cosmetic companies like Shiseido, etc and my skin would react the 1st day or after a little while.

I had the same problem with sunscreen, until I discovered La Roche Posay's
ANTHELIOS 50ANTHELIOS 50 MINERAL
ULTRA LIGHT SUNSCREEN FLUID.

Their Toleriane Dermo Cleanser made me break out, if I didn't wash it out of my face. I like it for removing eye makeup, but that's it.

I'll keep using this light, fresh moisturizer (perfect for Florida), until I can find something that is just as good, but has active ingredients that are good for my skin (hyaluronic acid, etc).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The consistency of this product is super light and thin, almost like a serum. Fragrance free, as well as a whole lot of ingredients that irritate very sensitive skin. Since this is so thin and hydrating, I put this under my normal moisturizer, which gives it a nice base for makeup. The pump feature is nice and doesn't dispense more product than you need. Sad that it's around $30-$40 per bottle (which is kinda small).
All in all, this product did not irritate my skin and hydrates. I've just started to replace most of my products with LRP's Toleriane line, and I can definitely notice how much calmer and less red my skin looks. Probably the most minimalistic yet effective formula you can put on your skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately this irritated my super sensitive skin and honestly it wasn't even that moisturizing. It may have been moisturizing enough for someone with oily skin that isn't sensitive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This was my holly grail. But I was told that it is being discontinued. It is ridiculous because it's the only moisturizer I can use. LRP counters are now marketing Ultra Fluide instead, which broke me out. Shame on LRP for discontinuing a perfect product.

I've tried this, because I love the Toleriane cleansing products. This is a very basic moisturizer, with minimal number of ingredients, for those who have very sensitive skin. While it's a great advantage in the case of the cleansers (they are really mild), I'd like other facial products (creams and serums, basically everything that touches my skin for more than 10 seconds) to offer something more. If you're in your 20s, this moisturizer could be OK, but close to 40 I like the heavier stuff.
I haven't experienced any irritation, but I've read that several people have (redness, breakouts, most of them suspect it's because of the squalane), so there's no guarantee that your skin will tolerate it.
This moisturizer could be useful if you want to have a break from products with strong ingredients, but a good baby product can also be used for this purpose, for a fraction of the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Had high hopes for this as the other products in the Toleraine range really suit my skin and at first I thought it was great. I have highly clog prone skin but dry skin and finding a light moisturiser that helps is really difficult. It has a nice consistency and the short ingredients list is a bonus if like me you're trying to avoid chemical overload and it moisturised my skin nicely. For the first month it was amazing and I thought I had a HG product but I started noticing my face looked more and more swollen and I had increasing redness across the top of my cheeks. My skin also felt slightly rough and bumpy. I carried on because I thought my acne prone skin was just developing roseacea and the winter air was making my skin rough. I didn't use it for a couple of days while I was away and noticed my face literally deflate and the puffiness vanish. The redness and the also bumps disappeared. I tried it again about a week later and my face got hot and bright red so I'm obviously allergic to it, I think I'm sensitive to the squalane.

the regular ultra is way better. This light fluide did not moisturize enough for me