La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid

3.8

Aqua/Water,Squalane, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol

on 7/11/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately this irritated my super sensitive skin and honestly it wasn't even that moisturizing. It may have been moisturizing enough for someone with oily skin that isn't sensitive.

on 7/11/2015 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This was my holly grail. But I was told that it is being discontinued. It is ridiculous because it's the only moisturizer I can use. LRP counters are now marketing Ultra Fluide instead, which broke me out. Shame on LRP for discontinuing a perfect product.

on 4/10/2015 9:28:00 AM

I've tried this, because I love the Toleriane cleansing products. This is a very basic moisturizer, with minimal number of ingredients, for those who have very sensitive skin. While it's a great advantage in the case of the cleansers (they are really mild), I'd like other facial products (creams and serums, basically everything that touches my skin for more than 10 seconds) to offer something more. If you're in your 20s, this moisturizer could be OK, but close to 40 I like the heavier stuff.
I haven't experienced any irritation, but I've read that several people have (redness, breakouts, most of them suspect it's because of the squalane), so there's no guarantee that your skin will tolerate it.
This moisturizer could be useful if you want to have a break from products with strong ingredients, but a good baby product can also be used for this purpose, for a fraction of the price.

on 3/24/2015 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Had high hopes for this as the other products in the Toleraine range really suit my skin and at first I thought it was great. I have highly clog prone skin but dry skin and finding a light moisturiser that helps is really difficult. It has a nice consistency and the short ingredients list is a bonus if like me you're trying to avoid chemical overload and it moisturised my skin nicely. For the first month it was amazing and I thought I had a HG product but I started noticing my face looked more and more swollen and I had increasing redness across the top of my cheeks. My skin also felt slightly rough and bumpy. I carried on because I thought my acne prone skin was just developing roseacea and the winter air was making my skin rough. I didn't use it for a couple of days while I was away and noticed my face literally deflate and the puffiness vanish. The redness and the also bumps disappeared. I tried it again about a week later and my face got hot and bright red so I'm obviously allergic to it, I think I'm sensitive to the squalane.

on 2/25/2015 4:45:00 PM

the regular ultra is way better. This light fluide did not moisturize enough for me

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am on my third bottle of this very simple, very lightweight moisturizer, and I foresee myself continuing to purchase this product until either my skin changes or I no longer have a place for it in my routine. As others have noted, the claims and copy that accompany this product create false expectations for performance: it is neither mattifying nor actively soothing. However, if you are looking for a bland moisturizer with a short ingredients list, this is a good place to start.

The most unique thing about the Fluide is its texture. This moisturizer is about halfway between a hydrating serum and a lotion in terms of consistency. It spreads easily and absorbs very quickly and on my combination skin it leaves a slightly dewy finish, akin to a few drops of facial oil. It layers well above and below other products, including oil- and silicone-based formulas, and it does not make my face look greasy as the day progresses.

Despite its light weight, I find that this supplies as much moisture as a regular creamy lotion, and it has been enough for me to wear on its own most days this winter. On really cold or dry days I might layer another product over top of this one, but I have rarely felt the need to do so. I do not yet know how this will perform in the summer, but I tend to need less moisturizer in the heat. Those who are used to lotions and creams may find that the texture of this product takes some getting used to - while it leaves my skin soft and supple, it does not leave behind any palpable "creaminess" or residue.

My skin is prone to clogged pores and breakouts, and this moisturizer does not appear to contribute to either condition. It is completely free of fragrance and dyes, and because of its opaque packaging it needs minimal preservatives. The packaging is functional and inoffensive, although you can't see how much product is left. It is very slightly top-heavy, and I have never had a problem with the pump clogging or failing to work. The price is moderate for the Canadian market - I think my bottle was $30CDN, which is high for a drugstore product but below the prices of most department store offerings.

This product is definitely worth investigating for anyone interested in a short ingredients list and an effective but lightweight, serum-textured moisturizer.

on 7/14/2014 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried a sample of this and was so impressed at how it worked for my dry, sensitive, breakout prone (for the summer) skin. I liked how the ingredients were short and nothing looked to be irritating and it was fragrance free. Due to the heat and humidity, this formula worked very for my normally dry skin. It was enough emollience for my skin, was not oily at all and I did not get breakouts like I usually do after using a primer and mineral makeup.

The best thing is my mineral makeup went on very well so it worked as a primer too. I would recommend this as one of the few silicone free primers if you are looking for one as a backup for the Korres or Tarte primers when they are sold out at Sephora.

Note: you think LRP who positions themselves as dermatologist tested and recommended line in that does not require a prescription would be fragrance free. Only the TOLERIANE line is fragrance free.

on 4/16/2014 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Have had to change my assessment on this after using for a while. It was making my skin itch. I've been really disappointed with everything I've tried from LRP considering the products are meant to be for sensitive skin.

on 3/24/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Holy grail moisturizer. I used it all winter with no problems. Recommended by the esthetician at my derm's office for my oily, sensitive and acne prone skin. My only gripe is that it's a bit expensive and I go through a bottle a month using 2-3 pumps morning and night. Still, a winner in my book.

on 12/12/2013 2:50:00 AM

unfortunately this product clogs my skin and breaks me out, im guessing its the squalane because i am fine with glycerine. its also not very moisturizing, and it kind of burns sometimes going on, not to mention makes my face turn reddish and shiny. the redness dissipates but the shine factor does not go away especially on the forehead, so i would only use this at night. but anyway i will probably have to give this away as i feel its too expensive and too small of an amount to waste as a hand cream or something haha.