October 24, 2014 | 1736 users online

Crème - Elizabeth Arden - Flawless Finish Sponge-On Creme Make-up

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by MsDebbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of my favorites due to the creamy moisturizing formula and unbeatable smooth coverage.
Unfortunately the formula has changed. Even after moisturizing, bb cream, and primer, the new formula doesn't work for me. Pores, lines, and other imperfections were not diminished as before. If anything, this accentuates my flaws.
While I know it is a good product, in my opinion I would say the "new" Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge-On Makeup is no longer a match for dry mature skin, instead better suited to those with only minimal lines and imperfections.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a deluxe sample version of this in Vanilla Shell. The coverage is very heavy, but it blends well. I only use it to spot cover. I like Revlon Color Stay for Normal/Dry Skin in Buff for full face coverage. But if you like a really opaque look, or have a lot you want to cover, this might be the way to go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by judysmath

I found this foundation at a CCO and it was BOGO, so I bought two of them for the price of one at the CCO, so it came out to $10 each which is about the price of a drugstore foundation, so even though I had never used this foundation before and was taking a gamble, I went for it. I have combo skin and lots of redness and dark spots and fine lines under my eyes. The saleswoman at the CCO did a great job of color matching me, so that was good. This foundation covers well and I really do look flawless in it, however I turn into a greasy mess during the day and it's very heavy and I had a few small breakouts and my skin isn't usually senstive. I may have to experiment with this and try an HD setting powder on top as I'm not ready to completely give up on this foundation, but it's not ideal for me. When the weather gets warmer, I know I won't be able to use it due to the grease and sweat factor.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Be sure you know which one is being reviewed here. Several reviews are for the old stuff, some for the new version & some I can't tell. I'm reviewing the new but I used to use the old formula so I compare. The old stuff was quite greasy which was fine for dry skin, and it had a strong smell. The new stuff is in a silver & gold case, doesn't smell,and while it goes on creamy its more drying.

I used to use this a few years back, then they discontinued my shade (vanilla). My EA sales lady had me in to stock up on my Breathless #17 lipstick which I buy at GWP time and I noticed it was back. New gold packaging and an even better formula in my opinion.

Here is what I noticed.

I take a different shade in it now, Warm Sunbeige 55. It goes on a bit weird almost orangey in colour but once I blend it, it's perfect-- no orangey cast at all. The new formula Vanilla shade was too chalk white once I got it on. Both shades cover my persistent T zone and cheek redness and flushing and don't irritate.

I can use it like a concealer only on my lids and the zone by the nose or full face. It is full coverage but looks sheer like perfect skin. So eliminates concealer.

I don't need powder to set this. It looks and holds fine all on it's own and looks better wtihout any powder to set. No oil slicks 8 hours later either.

Feels gorgeous. DOESN"T cause bumps, zits, or redness, doesn't irritate the rosacea, or the allergies.

Doesn't dry my skin out, nor cause greasy oily sheen to come up later.

Stays covering well for 8 plus hours. Doesn't oxidize in spite of the orangey look I get when I first begin to apply it. Just a healthy skin look.

No smell. I used to tolerate the odd odour of the earlier formula, and I'm happy to report no smell at all. LOVE IT!

The ONLY negative is that it does magnify any flaky dry spot so keeping the skin in great condition, regular BHA to keep the cells turning over, and well moisturized is a must.

I won't be buying anything else as long as they keep producing it, and don't change it or my skin doesn't develop a reaction to it.

As for cost, this means I don't need powder or concealer so I'm thinking that even the cost savings of those products helps justify the cost of this product since I'm saving on those. Easy to travel with too. No spills, no liquid allowance.

I don't use the sponge, or any sponge. Just my fingers. It goes on too thickly with the sponge when I do it. Dab, or tap it onto the areas you want to cover then lightly blend it out. Go easy, you can always layer more if needed. Some areas around my nose & forehead I need it thicker and I sort of press it into the skin & tap or pat those areas to blend so it doesn't sheer out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by ilat

I bought this foundation out of curiosity and was glad that I did. I am in NC20- NC25 and found a perfect match in 52 Vanilla in EA Sponge-On Cream Foundation. Application of this foundation is a bit tricky. I found that the best way it works for me when it is applied lightly with a dry sponge and I wait a minute to let it set on my skin. I do use a setting powder afterwards that makes it last all day long. It looks very natural and beautiful on my skin, almost no makeup feeling. After reading all negative reviews, it feels like I have a totally different foundation. I would definitely not recommend for oily type skin but for normal or slightly on dry side skin types this foundation should work.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Blondie7

This foundation is not for everyday use in my opinion, it has a strong scent and has a very thick creamy consistency. It causes breakouts if worn daily HOWEVER this stuff is brilliant for special occasions or going out!! It's practically cement for you face, and it will not budge all night! Full coverage and leaves your face looking flawless, no blemishes will be seen and it photographs amazingly. I wear this when I go out clubbing and I have oily skin and sweat ALOT on my face. By topping up once during the night with powder I can guarantee I'll look as good going home as I did at the start of the night. This isn't "natural" looking but I swear by it if you have problematic skin and are paranoid about your make up sweating off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation in the new gold packaging and my shade is Vanilla.

You really do have to have a light hand when you apply this otherwise it ends up a greasy cakey mess which collects in your pores and creases.

It didn't matter how lightly I put this on or whether I used a dry or wet sponge it ended up collecting in my pores and my skin looked patchy.

The only way I can get this foundation to work is to go over the top of the foundation on my face with a pea-sized amount of moisturiser to even out the colour and remove the cakiness.

This is a foundation that you have to work too hard at for flawless skin and that is something I have yet to achieve with this product, I cannot get it to work for me.

This makes a better concealer than it does foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Min90

I actually quite like this foundation. I don't normally go for creams, usually preferring liquids, but this caught my fancy and I decided to try it! It gives full coverage and so can sometimes feel a bit heavy, however the results are quite nice (full even coverage, and a little on the dewy side) and it doesn't seem to sink into my pores, or even become cakey.
Having said that, I don't think I could wear this during our humid summers (I live in northern AUS), but for the cooler months it is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Hydroneta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great creme make-up that offers light or full coverage, depending on the sponge (wet or dry). Although I own 4-5 great new, still in package, foundations, this is my everyday make up. Easy to apply, lasts all day, never creases, and less heavier on the face than expected. :))
Gives a really flawless look, even on my spot, ugly days. Color could be a better much though, but for that I blame only me as I got carried away when I tried it on the counter of Arden and didn't check that on natural light before I buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MissMegg83

Although this wouldn't be my go to foundation, I do really like it. I use it either for special events, when I know there will be a lot of pictures taken, and especially when I have an bad rosacea flair up. I find it to a heavy full coverage, but it does make my skin appear flawless even without much concealer. The shade I have (I think it's vanilla something) matches my skin great. (for mac comparison I like NW20 with touch of NC15 mixed into it) If I'm having an oily day or if I'm doing something active I always take it with me for touch ups since it doesn't seem to last for a long time.