September 2, 2014 | 1870 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I could not get past the odor of this stuff. As, its scent is very strong and unpleasant to smell, in opinion. Plus, this stuff leaves a film on your face that you have to keep rubbing to get off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by cacj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom had bought this for me ages ago but I never really wore makeup to use this though I had rediscovered it in and am in love. I slather this all over my face and use a baby wipe to wipe off the makeup and the cream at the same time and I can tell you it even gets the Revlon Colorstay makeup off! The cream is rather oily which gets the makeup and excess dirt off your face which can be annoying. The packaging is great for a while since the tub is still full, though I am halfway through it and it is becoming a task so reach for the cream. I suggest that they should remodel the packaging into a bottle, or something with a pump. Overall, great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by vsmini

I don't understand the people who are turned off by the jar and claiming there is a problem with hygiene. You simply wash your hands and make sure you scoop out the appropriate amount you need. Use that and you're done.
Not much else to add. I think people judge this product unfairly due to a simple technique to improve hygiene. Great product. Works for me and gives me zero acne or breakout problems

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like it. This, along with Ponds classic cream is loaded with mineral oil which leaves a film on your skin even after cleansing with water(multiple times). Also, I find you need a lot of product to loosen the makeup off your face. Finally, the packaging is also not very sanitary or practical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ya know what? I'm giving this sh@t 5 stars... And here's why...

Its hella cheap (can you tell I am from California yet?). I think it's around $4 bucks, give or take. It's an outstanding makeup remover! The best I have tried so far and I have used a ton of them from Clinique, Lauder, McEvoy, Orlane, Nars, you name it. Ponds knocks them all out of the box. This works great as an eye makeup remover - just rub gently and remove with a pad using downward strokes. I also have dry skin and this serves a dual purpose; it removes all traces of foundation and also moisturizes like nobody's biz-on the nights I use it I don't have to apply any serums, lotions, or oil treatments. I wake the next morning to a lovely moisturized palette (IE my face). I get a great glow post using this, its pretty amazing considering the price.

The only "cons" or issues I have with this product is that 1) I am not a huge fan of the ingredients (it's got a lot of glycerin type crap in it). 2) If I do want to use an after product (serum/lotion/oil) its really hard to wash this off enough for those additional products to penetrate correctly. Even when I use my clarasonic it doesn't remove the layer of moisturizer laid down from the Ponds. This can be a pro though. I don't recommend this for oily skin or those prone to breakouts. I do however recommend dry skin types give this a try.

I totally feel the1950's Hollywood glamour when I apply this. It gives me a Joan Crawford beauty vibe, sans that whole "child abuse wire hanger" thing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have repurchased this several times . My skin glows after use. I do not use it everyday for washing only on days my skin may need something more gentle. I also always use this to wash off my peels from muac. I also use this for shaving it gets it helps in bikini area for those red bumps and it's softer lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by coffeedogsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm currently sitting here with trashed skin because of Ponds Cold Cream.
I don't use foundation unless it's a special occasion, so I know these deep, cystic zits aren't from that. It's not that time of the month, so I know it's not hormonal. (also, hormonal acne tends to "brew" in my case, these happened over night)

I know Ponds brand has that 'signature smell' they insist on putting in all of their products, but I personally find it horrendous. This product is not for sensitive skin, which I suspected, but, like an idiot, I always have to test my limits.

I'm also not sure how this is supposed to remove makeup, because after using it as directed, and drying my face with a white towel, there is black eye makeup all over my white towels. Just sayin'.

One for the trashcan!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for years and have repurchased dozens of times. It's cheap, smells good and gently but effectively removes every trace of eye makeup--including lash glue, waterproof mascara and liquid eyeliner. Some may complain that the jar packaging may be unhygienic but I personally like it and think it's cute. Besides, I don't ever dip my fingers directly into the jar. I always use a cotton ball to apply and each jar lasts me forever. Note: I only use this to remove eye makeup. I haven't tried applying it all over my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This stuff works! You know how I know? Use this, wipe it off, and then take any makeup remover towelette and go over your face once again. There is little to no residue left on the towel as opposed to all the makeup that remains after using a regular makeup removing cleanser.

However, I do have to knock off a couple stars. I'm not a huge fan of dipping my fingers into the tub because it is quite unhygienic. I'm also not too keen on the smell or the fact this product contains mineral oil. I regret buying this not because it sucks but because I've decided to switch over to organic skincare. I'll probably use this one up but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

I love ponds cold cream :D !!!

First off, the texture! At the moment I am using albolene and I must say I really miss the texture of the ponds. It's very creamy but not gross and greasy. Although its not as heavy as albolene i find that it is much more effective at removing my makeup.

Although the texture is amazing, i must say I hate that the scent is so prominent in this. It has never bothered my skin, however when it gets into my eyes it stings really bad :(

Over all this is a nice product and will most likely repurchase it after I finish my huge tub of albolene, however if you are sensitive to scents, stay away!