August 27, 2014 | 1909 users online

Loose Powders - Shu Uemura - Face Powder Sheer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 5:11:00 AM More reviews by erika21

I have the loose powder in 7YR MEDIUM LIGHT (Matt) and I love it. I normally use it to set my liquid foundation, but this powder offers decent coverage even without a foundation underneath. I find that it covers my pores and helps blur minor imperfections.This powder does nothing in terms of oil control, but I did not expect it to. I still have to blot my T-zone 2X - once before lunch and once after work. I also carry a small container of the loose powder so that I can touch up when necessary - usually once a day. I find that troublesome, so I'm actually on a look out for a good compact powder that I can use for touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 7:14:00 AM More reviews by ccatwomann

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Truly sheer, and helps my face stay matt in hot weather (worn over foundation).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not a fan of this product. Finely milled but on my dry skin it looks cakey. I much prefer Laura Mercier translucent powder. Very expensive for the unsatisfactory quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2008 6:44:00 AM More reviews by mrspeel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hadn't used powder in a long time but was encouraged to buy this product when watching a makeup artist's tips on essential products (yes I was bored). I have this in the colourless version - I am very fair - and I love it. I dust it on liberally with the puff provided, and then dust off the excess with a shu uemura powder brush. I find this sets my make up, helps fix any excess oil and provides a better base for blush. It also makes my skin glow and look flawless in photos, which is a nice bonus!
And a little goes a long way - I've owned mine for almost a year now, use it at least daily and it's perhaps a quarter gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by pordanil

I'm constantly on the search for the perfect powder, but Shu Uemura's isn't it. It's by no means a bad powder - just average.

Pros:
- Good packaging
- Decent coverage
- No whitish cast
- Kept my face matte for a couple hours

Cons:
- While it was good for setting foundation or being used as a sheer foundation, it creased up when used to set my concealer
- It oxidized on certain areas on my face leaving slightly darker spots, not a big problem, but kind of annoying
- Sometimes TOO matte

Conclusion: This is a decent face powder, but it might be too matte or too pigmented for some people. Also, it isn't fine enough (or at least in my case) to be used to set undereye concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by applesforcheeks

RIS. I got the Shu Uemura Loose Sheer Face Powder in 7YR Light. I'm a NC20. It has good coverage and looks great in photographs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I've used this powder for almost a year now. Besides being remarkable for its seemingly endless contents, as well as the nice sifter that only lets a bit out, what's really amazing is how this finely milled powder looks good on me no matter water. Oily skin, dry skin, winter skin, summer skin, humid day or dry - somehow this just magically adjusts and does its job, leaving me a nicely polished surface that never looks "powdered," just clean and even. Given all of the loose powders I've run through in the past (most of which looked chalky or weird) this is a keeper, no doubt.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by blackeyedgirl

This is a very light, finely milled loose powder that is available either in translucent or coloured form. I use the 7YR medium and it is perfect for my C5/NC42 skintone. The colorless version may look ashy on darker skintones. I never use the puff provided as results are much better with a MAC #129.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in colorless and it is so sheer, so fine that it blends perfectly into my Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5 skintone. On most days I just apply a little bit of this powder over my nose and cheeks, blend and go. I don't get a whitish cast, nor do I get a cakey effect. The powder just evens out my skin and provides a velvety canvas for my cheek products. Its definitely a HG for me, and its one of the few products that I use daily. I will repurchase when I'm out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2006 10:48:00 PM More reviews by ldylushess

LOVE This!!! I mean LOVE!! I use it to underlay my powder foundation. and it gives me such a great smooth texture. it is so finely milled. spectacular! and the packaging is so neat and clean. the puff is also extremely soft! A+