December 21, 2014 | 1799 users online

Eye Shadow - Dior - 5 Colour Eyeshadow - 705 Beige Massai (formerly Discretion) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this palette. The colors blend so well together. The texture is amazing. Plus, I find many ways to use the colors with different shadows. The two cons I found was that the colors dont apply well wet and it is a little pricy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my very first Dior eyeshadow, as I usually only buy Chanel products. I only chose to pick up a Dior eyeshadow this time because I did not find the right shades in Chanel in one single product.

This is probably one of the most elegant and beautiful objects I have ever held in my hands. But you can of course look that up on the internet...

Let's turn to the eyeshadow, to the content now... It has the perfect amount of pigmentation, it is so easy to blend and I love to play with these gorgeous colors.

It cost 60 euros but it was worth it. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by cmyklamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, my absolute favorite eyeshadow palette of all time, across all brands. It's Dior so you know the texture and pigmentation do not disappoint. Smooth, silky and packed with pigment, but in a subtle and sophisticated way. To some it may look boring and blah in the pan, but trust me these colors are so brilliantly selected to suit those with warm undertones (I have light to medium skintone with yellow undertones).

The four corner shades (light apricot, bone, russet and tan beige) all have this cross between a matte and a satin finish - not completely flat but with very subtle hints of a sheen. The light bone color is perfect as a natural highlight shade. Finally, the gorgeous chocolate brown in the middle is a shimmery shade but not over the top. All of the colors, when applied, create this natural sheen on the eyes that looks so pretty and sophisticated. This is one of the rare Dior palettes where I can feel comfortable wearing all 5 shades and have each one blend seamlessly into the other.

I'm so sad that Dior discontinued this, I am already thinking about hoarding what remaining backups there may be left from eBay, and I'm anywhere near finishing this! Yes this is pricey as with all Dior palettes, but for the amount of product you get it is quite a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Goodness I wish they hadn't discontinued this.

Beige Massai is the quintessential spring / summer quint on me. The terra cotta tones and the matte / low shimmer texture is absolutely fabulous. Just add some easy brown liner over a look from this set and off you go.

It's great on my NC 40 yellow-toned face but I can see cooler toned and lighter shaded ladies struggling with it. If you're a DDD and you come across this, I recommend a quick pounce-and-run. You totally won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by irenesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite Dior quints. My mom has repurchased it since 1999, I mean, this has been ALWAYS in my makeup bag and my mom's.
The colors are too warm, really flattering on me, I really love it. I can create since the more simpple look, to the most glamorous.
Some girls say this is boring, well, this is good for warm skinned girls, because in cool ladies, this will be a little greyish and make u look tired for sure. Get it only if you love colors like those. (earthy)
The pigmentation is absolutely amazing, i mean its Dior we al talking about, the best eyeshadows in the world, plus its matte!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by dennymc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mostly love this quint. Great colours, and the central brown is brilliant for blue eyes. Disappointed with the light orange at the top left of the palette, but overall find myself reaching for this quint above other palettes. Good quality and staying power. Will last a long time, but probably will repurchase as 4 out of 5 shades useable is good enough for me.

UPDATE March 2014
Well I rarely use this quint any more. It is too warm toned for my cool colouring. Sometimes will use the centre brown but that's really it. Have since purchased gris 034 and it suits me far better....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautifully pigmented shades that I can create lots of looks with. Great for a natural day look, smokey eye or dramatic evening look. The neutral colours mean that you can wear with any outfit. They blend easily and don't crease. Colour stays true and stays put all day.

I don't like the applicators but then, I never do!

I would re-purchase but as it seemingly lasts forever, it will be a while before I need to.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by autumndaydreamer

I swapped my Guerlain bronzer for this Dior Quint and I'm happy with it, for sure. The five colours are well pigmented, soft but not crumbly and blend well. The packaging is practical and the colours are all matte, except for the middle one who has slight shimmer in it.

I would not have bought this so quickly in a store though. Sure, the quality is exactly what one could except from Dior, but the colours in Beige Massai aren't exciting. I think you could easily find cheap dupes for each colour.

Overall, I'm pleased with the quint. The neutral colours match well together and you can create a soft or a smokey look with it, if you like. The best pigmented colour is the red one. The peach and cream are well pigmented, but the colours don't show up enough on my skin. The brown and the camel colours are pretty and well pigmented too.

I would recommend this quint to neutral and brown lovers that want all the colours in one palette. Because this quint contains mostly matte colours it is also perfect for older skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Herrera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I fell for the hype and bought this palette a couple of years ago. On the bright side, there's enough product here to last me another 10 years at least, so if you think of it in cost-per-use terms, it's really not that expensive. Also the texture is wonderful. I'm definitely spoilt by by it.

On the other hand, the colors are very, very blah. Only the orangey-brown and peach colors are actually offensive, and I fault myself for buying the makeup artists' line that blue eyed gals should wear warm peachy browns to make their eyes pop (true perhaps if you want them to pop in a sickly way), but the other colors are just really, really insipid and drab.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by balmsaway

When I first tried this one I wasn't sure how Iiked it. Granted...I was ligther in skin tone, and it's possible I was touch reder in the face from sensitivity, I don't remember. .
.I am NC25 at the moment, with brown eyes that are more hazel green tinted then the golden honey brown kind.
The shadow finishes are on the matte side, BUT not dull, flat or dry. My only thing is that the lightest shade could have a touch more sheen, maybe, but I will take it as it is and love it. :)
his really brings out the hazel green and looks great on my skintone. Sultry even., bu not OTT. I could also do an even more subtle natural look, and easily do a look with plenty of drop dead drama.

ways I wear this:
the peachy color on the inner 1/3 lid, the beige shade on the 2nd 1/3 or so and lightly blend them out, leaving V of the last 1/3 for the cranberry the last shade as a liner. another variation is the darkest shade for the "v".
I've also done this only starting with the ivory shade in the 1/3, and the peach on the 2nd 1/3, and so on.

or my personal crease method.. the cranberry rust color in the v/outer edge of the lid, the light beige in the crease, apricot on the lid for a pop of color...then the lightest shade was. well, everywhere else, highlight, etc. The middle shade was the top liner. I bottom lined with a color mixed with the middle shade and beige shade.

I use cranberry as lower liner sometimes too for either look.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No