The Body Shop Pink Pepper Body Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Allow me to reminiscence about this scent. Years have passed and yet I'm still devastated that this was discontinued . A spicy, unique, sex in a bottle kind of fragrance. Very intimate and alluring. A dab of this changed my mood instantly, and dry down was even more sensual as it mixed with my chemistry and body heat. I bought two bottles of this when they were phasing out, but I would have purchased many more had I known how I would miss it. If anyone has found something similar, please share

on 4/1/2007 1:49:00 AM

*This is for Pink Pepper fragrance oil* I agree with mellody43, its a complex scent with "notes of pink pepper, cardamom, ginger, amber, sandalwood, and tonka bean. Very warm and spicy." As with all fragrances but especially the oils, its SO important to understand that the scent will mix with your own oils and scent and will create the final product. Unfortunately this means what it smells like in the store will not fully be what its like eight hours later on you.

on 7/19/2006 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great fragrance... it's different and fun... very modern. You have to try this line on for yourself because body chemistry reacts differently with the perfume oils... but who knows, it may be a winner for you! I like the packaging, very portableand cute!

on 6/16/2006 2:48:00 PM

Heavens above, this does not just dislike my chemistry, it actually hates me.

It smells like a cacophany of stink on me, I know it sounds odd but it just smells LOUD and unpleasant, I get no florals just pepper pepper pepper.

Blerg.

on 3/6/2006 4:06:00 AM

I love this fragrance oil, and think it smells better than the edt spray. On me it has a floral spicy quality with a wonderful drydown. It's feminine without being girly or fruity (ugh.) Even though it's not listed in the ingredients, I swear sometimes I smell a hint of geranium in it, as well as the pepper middle note. The oil really makes the fragrance last. I've stocked up on this one as I'm afraid they will discontinue it.

on 1/19/2005 7:34:00 PM

Nice fresh fragrance that's great for warm weather. This isn't cloying nor overpowering. Great layered with vanilla oil.

on 12/11/2004 8:05:00 AM

This is a great summer scent for me. It works really well on me. It lasts okay too. I love the smell of it. A very clean refreshing smell. I will buy this again, someday.

on 8/24/2004 12:35:00 AM

I guess I lucked out because this did not smell like ketchup on me. I had a positive reaction like those who reviewed the EDT version. I do agree that if you like Hot Couture you might like this. It is cheap, so worth a shot.

on 2/28/2004 3:38:00 PM

This one didn't work for me. I liked the idea of pepper, sandalwood, and tonka bean - but on me it was much more of an unpleasant floral than anything else. The dry down is fairly one demensional, and it turned quite sharp very quickly. Dissapointing.

on 12/29/2003 10:33:00 PM

(Writing this review here although this is a fragrance oil, not precisely a body oil...)
This is a beautiful scent. It's interesting and unusual, spicy - and some days it seems warm & comforting, while other days it seems bright and sexy. However, it doesn't last long on me at all, so I had to take a lippy off. I'm going to try this layered with other scents, because I think it could add an interesting dimension to a vanilla or a white floral.

Popular Fragrances