October 21, 2014 | 945 users online

Pressed Powders - Paula's Choice - Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by mdubs

This product didn't meet my expectations. Does not stay matte. Had to reapply throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm puzzled that Paula's Choice would use bismuth chloride as an ingredient. If you have rosacea (ie. skin barrier issues) this stuff can be an irritant--causing flaming. See the rosacea websites for comments regarding bismuth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by cat53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This summer I purchased Paula's Choice Healthy Finish Pressed BRONZING POWDER in HEALTHY TAN. Great product! I am fair skinned with red blotches and this product w/a daub of concealer has been perfect for summer. Nice coverage and a wonderful glow. Lasted all day through Alabama's summer heat. Note: If applying all-over face as foundation, use soft brush to glide on jaw line and neck for all-over glow that looks natural. Can be used wet for more coverage but I've only used dry. Try Paula's Blush in TENDER PEACH to compliment look. Add bounus: SPF 15

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by poldanser

great product!. very silky and easy to blend. i have neutral and i am asian. i only lightly dust my face to set my foundation. its gives me a flawless look . controls shine well as i have slightly oily t zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by tbeauk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this powder in buff for years!!! It's absolutely been my HG powder! and now it's discontinued :( I am on the hunt for a new powder similiar to this one.........Does anyone have any suggestions?!?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at half price when I saw that it was being discontinued. After trying it for about two weeks I had to order more to stock up. I tend to have oily skin and this is a great powder to carry in my purse. It sets makeup nicely and controls shine without looking too powdery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2006 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought three of these when they were on sale at $6 each. I think they were being discontinued, too. Wise purchase. I was looking for something to replace my expensive Lancome dual foundation powder, and to me this is even better than the Lancome power. However, I generally don't use this powder all over my face but rather use it to set the concealer I use under my eyes (I have the world's worst dark circles, inherited from my mother). For my face I use Cornsilk translucent pressed powder because it is undetectable on my face, and at my age the last thing I want is a heavy grandma-like application of powder.

Ah, well. One tiny gripe. The name of this woman's company--"Paula's Choice"--is about the dumbest, most ego-driven name I have heard. And, it's pretentious, too. If she'd change the stupid name and get better packing for her products I'd buy more of her items...Oops, now I've gone from a tiny gripe to a medium sized gripe. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2006 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Nell8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got this in Buff for my NC20/25 skin but no I didn't like it - not quite sure why, think the colour was off and it was a little drying.

I gave it to my daughter though and she loved it, I would say she is a tad paler than me with the usual teenager skin and she felt it had a little coverage to it and yes she would get it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 9:17:00 AM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why or why did I wait to buy this when it was on the verge of being d/c'd? Light Olive is the perfect shade for toning down excessive ruddiness or pinkness. The texture is sumptuous, smooth, silky and luxurious. No flyaways at all. Some have complained that no puff is included. I think it is because Paula would prefer you to use a brush -- which you really should to keep the application smooth and even.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2005 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nsomniak6

First of all, I'm not sure why there isn't anything included to help apply this powder. That said, I purchased the Buff and it is a decent color for my skin tone, but a little on the yellow side. I normally use Origins Silk Screen in Tender (15) which I still adore. Paula's is not too good for my combo skin, it tends to really enhance the dry patches and it feels like it is "sitting" on top of my skin and I really hate that feeling! Origins does have a little of the same issue with the dry patches, but not the feel-it is truly very silky! Anyway, I think maybe I should not use powders anymore, but when I am lazy or in a rush I don't want to spend the time to put on a liquid.