August 31, 2014 | 993 users online

Eye Shadow - Milani - Marooned

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchase this off beautyjoint.com because I read that it was a dupe for Mac's sketch. Even if it wasn't a dupe, this eyeshadow Is Frickin amazing!! Pigmentation is smooth and vibrant. Color is a gorgeous plummy purple with red/gold running through it. I love wearing this in the crease for a subtle smoky eye during the day or on my lower lash line to give my eye look more depth. These shadow pans fit into a Mac palette but you will need to buy your own magnet.

Depotting it is super easy and there are couple videos on YouTube teaching you how.

Def would repurchase this color And can't wait to check out other shades!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a superior dupe for the inferior MAC sketch eyeshadow. I dabbed by brush and got enough product no double dipping and basically scapping like I did for sketch. It blended easily unlike sketch. I wish I had'nt depoted my sketch because I would take it back and get two of these in a second.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 8:52:00 AM More reviews by cyber_showgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thanks to MUA-ers for recommending this, what a great little budget find, Marooned is a very unusual eyeshadow shade - a reddened/berryish brown with some shimmer and a subtle purple undernote, too..... makes a great smokey eye, and my favourite look for it is as a crease colour with MAC Moth Brown (which shares the "is it a brown? is it a purple?" complexity of Marooned) and a little bit of MAC violet pigment to highlight. I particularly recommend getting your hands on Marooned if you've got, and love, either of these two beautiful MAC colours, the Milani shadow's a complete steal and really complements these kind of colours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2006 4:21:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

Wow, what a color. I love this. I had never heard of this shade before I started reading reviews on MUA. Thanks for the great reviews, because I purchased this eye shadow today and now, I'm hooked on it. It's looks beautiful on my eyes. This gives my eyes more of a rich look. Just amazing, and for the price, how can you pass it up? I knew Milani had good products, and this is just another one that didn't disappoint me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2006 8:23:00 PM More reviews by drewluvr1

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my other favorite shadow along w/ Milani Java Bean. Both look great w/ my dark hair/eyes and pale skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 5:57:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great slightly shimmery, plummy shade. It isn't the most perfect colour on me (cool toned ppp, blue/green eyes), it emphasizes the green in my eyes, but it does make a nice crease colour when I want a more natural look. The quality and pigment are really good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2005 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Great color for me. I am an NW 45 wearer and this gives me that smoky look without being too dramatic for daytime. Great shadow for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2005 1:09:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I've been lemming this for-ev-er, but for some reason, this color is kinda hard to come across (what is up with that?). I finally got one a while back and was excited to try it. I was kinda surprised that it turned out to be a medium, mauvey, plum-brown color with a slightly shimmery finish. Not nearly as deep and dark as people have described it below, though perhaps they are fairer than I--MMM/GGG. Anyway, this is a perfectly nice not-quite-neutral color to have in your arsenal. Like most of the other Milani eyeshadows, this one has nice pigmentation and texture, is easy to depot and cheap to boot. Nice as it is, I just don't quite get all the raves for this particular e/s color (shrugs).

ETA: Actually, I've been playing around with this more and I've upped the rating to a 5. This is a really nice crease color for a soft, smoldering eye that's not the usual grey or brown or black. It also adds subtle definition when used wet as a liner. This is a really unusual color to find at a reasonable price, so if you see it anywhere, def. try it.

ETA2: This is a pretty near dead ringer for MAC Sketch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Seclusae2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DESCRIPTION OF ME Asian with a warm complexion (C3-C4 in MAC) with strong yellow undertones and some peach. Black hair. Oily skin that is prone to breakouts.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Powder eyeshadow. Around $2.99 US retail at Walgreens, Ulta and Sav-on for sure.

PACKAGING Milani powder eyeshadows come in a simple compact with a transparent lid. It does not come with a sponge or applicator. The pans fit into MAC and Cover Girl palettes. Nothing problematic.

COLOR Marooned is a dark brownish red with some fine shimmer. It actually looks very drab on the pan. Applied dry it looks like a very warm reddish brown instead of a brownish red. This eyeshadow really shines when it is applied wet. It turns into a more vibrant shimmery brick red. It really picks up the warmth of my brown eyes. However, this color can make my eyes look really swollen and tired in some lighting schemes. Don't even think about wearing this eyeshadow if your eyes are red and irritated. This is the reason why I gave this eyeshadow four lipsticks instead of five.

TEXTURE This is one of the best Milani eyeshadows in terms of texture. Very soft and pigmented.

OVERALL Fantastic drugstore eyeshadow with a very unique color. Worthy of a repurchase.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2005 1:17:00 AM More reviews by nerdalicious

Pretty deep burgundy shade that is just right for the crease if used with a light hand. It can be very overwhelming if you use too much or apply this with a heavy hand, but blended this is lovely color and creates nice depth in the crease.