Clinique Long Last - Blushing Nude

on 9/25/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Love this lipstick. It's got peachy rosy browned down nude tones. It's a bit deeper than Beauty FA also from the long last line. It brightens my face, whitens my teeth and feels like lip balm. What more do you want? OK here is more. It doesn't feather into my liplines, with all that balm feeling you'd expect it to travel, but it doesn't. And it lasts, I get thru a morning drinking tea or coffee all morning with my lip colour solidly there, and only reapply after a good lunch.

The balm like feeling lasts. Even after the lipstick wears off. I'm finding when I wear the Clinique lipsticks (Differrent, Long last and the High Impact) that my dry flaky lips stay smooth and soft long after the lipstick is gone. This is serious moisturizing.

I uploaded a photo with Blushing Nude on the mid left. Far left is Beauty which is a little lighter and more sheer, then BLUSHING NUDE, then mid right is Honey Blush (more pink and a little more shine) followed by Golden Brandy on the left which is a true coral pink.

All redhead friendly, moisturizing lipsticks with staying power and no bleeding. None are frosty. I also love Tenderheart which is a much more coppery version of this lipstick, but in the same sort of family so if you like Blushing Nude and want something more in the copper spice but similar, try Tenderheart, not pictured in my lineup.

Clinique's lipsticks are better than Chanel, with a nice colour range and better performance. Estee Lauder from the mother corporation tends to bleed a bit, these don't. I'm fond of Elizabeth Arden but the new formulation over there isn't as nice as Clinique. Lancome runs too "cool" for this redhead, not a redhead friendly shade in their stable while Clinique has shades for cool, neutral and warm tones alike. The R & D dept is on fire at Clinique with the base formula being so moisturizing, without scent, no bleeding AND a good selection of shades! I'm switching to Clinique for those reasons.

Compared to Revlon, these look and feel light and sheer with great colour. Revlon is thicker and heavier and a bit dry on the lips compared to these. Grittier too at times. But both are unscented, a real plus.

Compared to L'Oreal which are lovely moisturizing and somewhat prone to bleeding they are equal except for that disgusting scent, which Maybelline also uses.

Clinique's cost is double the drugstore but almost half the cost of dept store lipstick brands except Dior and Chanel where it is 1/3 the cost.

on 3/3/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My all-time favourite. It has the right finish, tending a bit toward the matte side, but also creamy when applied. It is just the right nude shade - pinkish brown, with some peachy tones under certain lighting. I am in shade NC25 and I imagine this works best on light to medium skin. It is the kind of shade that can be used to work, but you can glam up by pairing it with smokey/dramatic eye make-up. Other pro's: never dries out my lips, and I like the ribbed metal casing because it is not prone to scratching or fading ( hence, it always looks new from the packaging). The only con's are: it's not cheap (but never mind) and probably not the longest-lasting (but that's ok too). All in all, thumbs up!

on 4/14/2014 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this lipstick!! The colour is amazing! it is a pinky brown.. very similar to a natural lip color.

on 10/29/2013 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I pair this with Mac myth lipstick & it looks amazing. Great nude color for when I do more dramatic eye makeup.

I bought this duty free at the airport. I'm not a fan of long lasting matte lipstick because they all tend to be drying. I bought this to try since the formulation of long lasting lipsticks is said to have improved considerably over the last few years. Clinique's long last lipstick is definitely not matte but is creamy. I found it to be mildly drying, even applied over my trusty Lancome Juicy Tube, but it is not completely the lipstick's fault. My lips are always dry and cracks if I do not use lipbalm/gloss. I will not repurchase since I can turn any moisturising lipstick into long lasting ones simply by layering it OVER (not under) my Juicy Tube lipglosses. Overall, Clinique's Long Last lipstick has a nice formula and should impress most users.

on 2/13/2013 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely nude lipcolour for fairskinned ladies! I own loads of nude lipsticks/lipbalms and this an absolute favorite!

on 1/15/2013 3:42:00 AM

The first time I tried this lipstick it was in a free Clinique gift set my mum had gotten. I was doubtful at first as in the tube the shade looks unimpressive and being honest, the lipstick shades in gift sets are rarely great- but gosh am I glad I tried it!
It's a MLBB on my quite pigmented lips. It's very buildable so can be used as a subtle tint or a very opaque rosy brown, veering more towards the brown spectrum.
The lipstick itself is very very moisturising and quite long lasting for the amount of moisture it provides. I've always been quite skeptical as to call any lipstick a HG product because they do vary so greatly but do not hesitate to call this one my HG lipstick.
Would definitely repurchase!

on 12/29/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love this colour! It's a beautiful, natural rose and looks like my lips, but better. It's a great shade if you'd like to play up your eyes.

on 9/24/2012 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the only nude color that works on my skin. I'm warm toned. I came across this in a Clinique all in one color travel set, and fell in love with it. I then went ahead and bought the full size one. Now, however, this lipstick is not available in the location that I live in anymore :(

So yeah, as soon as I happen to get my hands on this, I'll buy it, no matter how expensive it is...

on 7/15/2012 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The perfect nude lipstick for people who are fair skinned. Has a great texture that doesn't dry the lips. One of the best lipsticks in the market.

Recommended for Medium Skin