Burt's Bees Herbal Deodorant

2.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/24/2014 9:37:00 AM

In theory, this would be a nice alternative to traditional deodorants. Unfortunately, extended use of this product only has one effect- extreme irritation! I had a rash in my armpits for almost a week. It was dry, itchy, and inflamed. I think this product is way too drying and has too many irritants to be considered effective at all. This was a total bust.

on 12/29/2013 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It says on the bottle that it won't stop you from sweating, but is designed to neutralise the bad odours. I found it did none of that. In my case, it made the odour worse. So I've stopped using it as a deodorant. I am about to throw it away.

EDIT: I have since found better use for it as a clothes & wardrobe freshener instead! it does a great job of lifting odour from delicate clothing that you don't really want to wash too regularly or if you want to extend the time between washes.

on 3/26/2011 11:10:00 PM

PROS:
*Aluminum-free

CONS:
*I got very stinky with this!
*Not an anti-perspirant (but none of the natural deodorants are, to my knowledge)

on 5/13/2010 10:49:00 AM

My husband has extremely sensitive skin and cannot use regular deoderants. I bought this hoping it would be an option since it's natural ingredients. It made his skin burn on contact and it smelled HORRIBLE. He threw it out after only 1 use (which he had to wash off immediately...)

on 1/30/2010 7:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is nice maybe as just like a perfume spray, because that's basically what it is... It really doesn't do much in terms of odor control, it just kinda covers it up a little and mixes with BO smell... It dies smell good, I'll give it that! Sometimes I'll wear it over my Tom's deodorant, but I wouldn't wear it just by itself to the gym or anything!

I prefer to wear natural deodorant but after a few hours with this stuff, I smell like BO. I don't mind wearing it around the house or to work out or do yoga in, but I don't have the confidence to actually wear it out, as I am worried I will smell to other people as well as myeslf. In those cases, I wear regular antiperspirant. Going to keep trying for a natural product that really tackles the smell.

on 9/17/2009 12:08:00 AM

This deodorant literally BURNED the skin under my armpit raw!!!! I applied it and it stung a bit, the smell is so chemical like...odd. Then it dried and it was ok...a few hrs later i felt stinging under my arms and when i looked it was burned! It stings so bad, this stuff it just too strong!

on 7/20/2009 10:14:00 PM

I am experiencing the fierce heat of Texas in July right now and Burt's Bees is coming through for me. I'm five days into the use of this product and I am pleased. (I actually tried it out first on a couple of days where I could stay in and not worry about...BODY ODOR.) I love the scent; although rather manly, it quickly dissipates. After the deodorant spray dries, I put on a light dusting of Burt's Bees Baby Bee Dusting Powder. The two products together assure an unscented AND dry underarm. I'm glad to find this product: the aluminum-Alzheimer's connection had left me a bit bummed.

on 7/6/2009 7:53:00 PM

just make sure you remember this is a DEODORANT not an anti-perspirant. so it won't stop you from sweating, but masks the smell. personally this works for me, and I think the smell is fine.. very natural herbaly lol.

if you're looking for an anti-perspirant that isn't tested on animals, Revlon makes one called "Mitchum" it has a green lable :)

on 10/6/2008 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This stuff is strong. It smells more like a man's deodorant. I can't take smelling like a guy throughout the day. I love the bottle though. It's great for using for other products. I wouldn't buy this again. Maybe if they came out with a softer scent I'd try it again.