MAC Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

4.7

on 2/1/2015 12:57:00 PM

In Greece they have a new policy. You only get eyeshadow, not lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this program. I live in Hawaii and the associate at the pearlridge Mac store told me that if there wasn't a metal pan in the eyeshadow pot, they do not consider that as part of back 2 Mac. She told me it was because a bunch of fake Mac products were being distributed so they require the pan to be in the pot.

on 12/8/2014 3:54:00 PM

Say there are some eye shadows, expired foundation, lipsticks from Mac that aren't empty but that you no longer use... Do those count too? Or do they have to be used/empty?

Thanks.

on 11/14/2014 8:59:00 AM

I love the idea but I'm so sad they don't do this in the Belgian mac stores.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been "back-2-mac"ing for years and am ecstatic every time I accumulate six empty products. Just an fyi, empty makeup wipe containers and DUO lash glue from MAC can also be recycled!

on 10/22/2014 8:15:00 AM

I love this reward program!!! I think all cosmetic companies had something like this. Why shouldn't we be rewarded or compensated for showing loyalty to a specific company. It's customer appreciation in my eyes.

on 10/22/2014 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

No qualms about this at all! I'm an addict for their transparent finishing powder so I've collected a few empty pots over the years and exchanged 6 of them for 1 lippie of my choice. I recycle empty containers anyways, but this is just icing on the cake :)

on 8/7/2014 6:29:00 PM

I'm going to try the recycling program through the mail for the first time. Thanks for letting me know. Idk how to edit my previous post or reply to it. I'm excited! I have a ton of recyclables.

on 5/30/2014 6:09:00 PM

Mac has been doing this for atleast 15 years. And, I really enjoy that they do it. I have about 10 old Urban Decay token cases, hoping they will also do it

on 4/27/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Great program! I mean can anyone complain about a freebie? Also for the people who are annoyed at mac for not accepting eyeshadow pots without their pans I agree it should be consistent where every mac counter either accepts it depotted or not. Its quite bias really, if the Mua is having a good day and likes you she's more likely to let you get away with it. Well best chances is to go with full packaging that way you'll be sure to get your freebie