September 2, 2014 | 1016 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by MsCadle

I'm going to try the recycling program through the mail for the first time. Thanks for letting me know. Idk how to edit my previous post or reply to it. I'm excited! I have a ton of recyclables.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by pembrokee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mac has been doing this for atleast 15 years. And, I really enjoy that they do it. I have about 10 old Urban Decay token cases, hoping they will also do it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Deedianne

Great program! I mean can anyone complain about a freebie? Also for the people who are annoyed at mac for not accepting eyeshadow pots without their pans I agree it should be consistent where every mac counter either accepts it depotted or not. Its quite bias really, if the Mua is having a good day and likes you she's more likely to let you get away with it. Well best chances is to go with full packaging that way you'll be sure to get your freebie

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by AWESOMEASH824

Apparently they have a new policy that you can no longer exhange the pro-palette eye shadow pans (even if they have the sticker/label on the bottom). The lady at the counter read me the policy from her binder today when I tried to exchange them. Boo MAC. At least send out a notice to your faithful email subscribers/online purchasers and give them a heads up.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't buy a ton from Mac, and it takes me years to accumulate six items, but I've recycled TWICE and each time I get a free eye shadow. I'm very happy with this program. I love that they even offer it! It does make me want to buy more frequently from this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by hollyOH

This program is awesome!!! The only recycling program that i know of from a makeup company!!! My mom goes through so much so after 3 months i have 6 things and can have the excitement of picking something new!!! Almost all of my eyeshadows are from B2M and i love it because it is the same size and quality as if you bought it for $15!!! I am so fortunate to have 2 MAC stores about 15 minutes away from me in 2 directions. I usually don't bring them a counter just because i barely ever wear lipstick. Out of all the times i've gone i only had one time where it was a problem when they didn't take an empty plastic roll on eyeliner.... which i then saved and brought it a different time when there was someone else there... totally depends who you get.... i've depotted countless eyeshadows and just get new ones with it!! never had problems with them not taking an eyeshadow case without a pan. They are usually super nice about it and give me no problems and even gave me a limited edition color one time!! wish i could get eyeliners with this!!! but eyeshadows are my go to unless there is an amazing lip gloss or lip stick ive been hunting for... its a good program and is super generous of them to do that when other makeup companies give you little sample sizes when you spend a ridiculous amounts (except Clinique, they do give you awesome free bee bags with a $25 purchase at times). I keep a plastic bag in my drawer just for empties and then when i reach 6 bring it with me to the mall. This program is a little secretive and hard to find out about.... took me awhile to catch on! Just went today and got a Vanilla eyeshadow so excited to try it!!! i also like this program because if i want some crazy colored eyeshadow i dont feel quilty getting it and not wearing it so much ahahahh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by memyselfnailen

anyone know if you could get a prolong wear eyeshadow instead of the regular one?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing program - I have no clue why or how anyone can complain about it. I mean, how many other brands do we purchase tons from yet never receive full size items? Really your only getting this "freebie" offer in the hopes MAC can coerce customers to recycle these items and given that, we should be jumping up and down in happiness like Snoopy doing his little dance over this 2 for 1 (a freebie plus the company handling our plastics). I love, love, LOVE that for every 6 items I purchase I get a 7th free--- I wish more companies had such a program!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

How can you not like this program? I love it, because you give and then get rewarded so to speak. I agree though, it just depends on where you go and who is there that is decided whether or not they will take the depotted shadows. Anyways, very good program and worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this is a nice enough program, and I'm glad they do it, I do have a couple of issues with it. First, and depending upon who you talk to and/or which counter/store you visit, which day of the week it is (and even who you talk to at MAC Corporate), etc., there may be some issue with presenting eyeshadows pots you've depotted that don't have a pan. Many people are successfully able to B2M these, many others can't. Next, if you only live near a counter you're stuck B2M'ing for lipsticks only. If you're fortunate enough to live near a freestanding or Pro store, you have the luxury of also selecting from eyeshadow and lipglass. I would be completely happy if they'd just be consistent with the eyeshadow pot/pan issue.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No