April 21, 2014 | 1607 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by AWESOMEASH824

Apparently they have a new policy that you can no longer exhange the pro-palette eye shadow pans (even if they have the sticker/label on the bottom). The lady at the counter read me the policy from her binder today when I tried to exchange them. Boo MAC. At least send out a notice to your faithful email subscribers/online purchasers and give them a heads up.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't buy a ton from Mac, and it takes me years to accumulate six items, but I've recycled TWICE and each time I get a free eye shadow. I'm very happy with this program. I love that they even offer it! It does make me want to buy more frequently from this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by hollyOH

This program is awesome!!! The only recycling program that i know of from a makeup company!!! My mom goes through so much so after 3 months i have 6 things and can have the excitement of picking something new!!! Almost all of my eyeshadows are from B2M and i love it because it is the same size and quality as if you bought it for $15!!! I am so fortunate to have 2 MAC stores about 15 minutes away from me in 2 directions. I usually don't bring them a counter just because i barely ever wear lipstick. Out of all the times i've gone i only had one time where it was a problem when they didn't take an empty plastic roll on eyeliner.... which i then saved and brought it a different time when there was someone else there... totally depends who you get.... i've depotted countless eyeshadows and just get new ones with it!! never had problems with them not taking an eyeshadow case without a pan. They are usually super nice about it and give me no problems and even gave me a limited edition color one time!! wish i could get eyeliners with this!!! but eyeshadows are my go to unless there is an amazing lip gloss or lip stick ive been hunting for... its a good program and is super generous of them to do that when other makeup companies give you little sample sizes when you spend a ridiculous amounts (except Clinique, they do give you awesome free bee bags with a $25 purchase at times). I keep a plastic bag in my drawer just for empties and then when i reach 6 bring it with me to the mall. This program is a little secretive and hard to find out about.... took me awhile to catch on! Just went today and got a Vanilla eyeshadow so excited to try it!!! i also like this program because if i want some crazy colored eyeshadow i dont feel quilty getting it and not wearing it so much ahahahh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by memyselfnailen

anyone know if you could get a prolong wear eyeshadow instead of the regular one?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing program - I have no clue why or how anyone can complain about it. I mean, how many other brands do we purchase tons from yet never receive full size items? Really your only getting this "freebie" offer in the hopes MAC can coerce customers to recycle these items and given that, we should be jumping up and down in happiness like Snoopy doing his little dance over this 2 for 1 (a freebie plus the company handling our plastics). I love, love, LOVE that for every 6 items I purchase I get a 7th free--- I wish more companies had such a program!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

How can you not like this program? I love it, because you give and then get rewarded so to speak. I agree though, it just depends on where you go and who is there that is decided whether or not they will take the depotted shadows. Anyways, very good program and worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this is a nice enough program, and I'm glad they do it, I do have a couple of issues with it. First, and depending upon who you talk to and/or which counter/store you visit, which day of the week it is (and even who you talk to at MAC Corporate), etc., there may be some issue with presenting eyeshadows pots you've depotted that don't have a pan. Many people are successfully able to B2M these, many others can't. Next, if you only live near a counter you're stuck B2M'ing for lipsticks only. If you're fortunate enough to live near a freestanding or Pro store, you have the luxury of also selecting from eyeshadow and lipglass. I would be completely happy if they'd just be consistent with the eyeshadow pot/pan issue.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My Mac store won't take depotted eye shadows. The pan must be intact. I just wish they were consistent about it, that's all. I have found a Macy's that will accept them so I guess I will be stuck with lipsticks for all the pots I used to fill my pro palette.

Also of note, you can back to Mac eyelash cases and makeup remover wipes packaging. They are currently selling the wipes at CCO as well. Another thing is buy the brush leaner and empty it into a dollar store bottle. That way you can be five products away right after your purchase.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Lovechild67

My complaint is simple.. I live in ILLINOIS and u can only get the lip gloss if I go to oak brook where I live 2 minutes from ORLAND MALL because it has to b a free standing store! ANNOYING!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Ng15

This program that Mac offers is awesome!! If you bring back 6 packages of their products you can get a lipglass, lipstick, or eyeshadow for free! It's a great way for people to recycle and then they get rewarded for it! I had no problems with giving them my depotted shadows, so I am not sure why people said they wouldn't accept them... It's great and I hope they keep doing it forever!