September 22, 2014 | 1949 users online

Accessories - Bath and Body Works - Wallflowers Wall Plug Home Fragrance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I bought this lemminged it for my teeny tiny bathroom coz that is the only room in this entire house I am permitted-allowed to smoke cigarettes inside. My parents prefer I smoke outside so I find it hard to refrain so I was hoping these will help the smokey smell in there that pervades! It was 3 for $12 plus $4.50 for the unit, I hope these will do the trick! I smelled it initially but I haven't smelled it around the rest of our house which is less than 2500 square feet large, which is a bit disappointing ATM, but I've only had it plugged in about 4 hours. I got 3 of the new summer scents. I've never tried the Glade or any other brands. Mine apparently snaps in? It twists open the wrong way. I have a dire shortage of outlets in my suite & was forced to sacrifice the usual night light for this. I wish I had known about the double units and or the night light units. They should make a double unit WITH a night light!! If these don't end up throwing much scent I may experiment w other scents of theirs. I am trying to decide if I should go into hoard mode! I love these little things. I am into creature comforts. Cannot wait for the holiday/Fall scents. I may buy another 1 w the night lite for the bathroom & relocate the original if I can spare an outlet. Right now ev thing is sort of daisy chained together so it's not ideally the best, I kno it's a major fire hazard... I also bought a B&BW candle so I need to decide which has a stronger scent (more bang "scent" for your buck!)??

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I work at BBW. It's hard not to love the idea of fragrancing your home 24/7 with any of the fantastic scent bulbs we offer. I personally love having mine in my bathroom (my cute little blue turtle wall plug-in). However... I feel like I must bring up the fact that I'm pretty sure having this in my medium-sized bathroom causes me to break out. Like, as in facial acne. It's weird I know, but I have experimented with it: the weeks that I don't have one in my bathroom, my acne does not flare up as badly, if at all; and the times when I do have the wallflower in my bathroom, I break out. I believe it is because the oil is being released into the air, and it settles/aggregates on my towels that I use to dry my clean face after washing, thereby rubbing oil all over my face. It sounds crazy, and hell maybe it's just an extremely weird coincidence. So... With that being said, using it in my living room, den, hallways, and guest bedroom have been great. It makes my house smell wonderful. Depending on the fragrance you get, the silage may be far-reaching, or just close to the outlet. Ask a BBW sales associate which ones are good for big rooms and small rooms. Overall, wallflowers are worth the money, and it your plug-in stops working before 1 year (only meant to last 1-1.5 years), you can bring it in for a refund or exchange :) Also, DO NOT LET THE REFILL BURN OUT OF OIL COMPLETELY! Unplug the wallflower and replace the bulb when there is still a little oil visible at the bottle of the bulb. This will prevent the wallflower from over heating and shorting out prematurely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this plug in in my bedroom. i agree with the others, when you plug it in, the initial scent can be quite strong. other than that, it scents up my room very well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by JK2600

I've been purchasing wallflowers for years and now with the new ones, they don't heat up, the fragrance does not disburse and a new issue has started, the fragrance oil leaks out and stains the electrical outlet and the wall. I discovered two of mine leaking down the wall. With my favorite fragrances being the earthy fall scents the color of the oil is either red or orange and you can imagine what orange oil has done to the wall. And the stain on the outlet can not be scrubbed clean, the outlet now has to be replaced. I will NEVER purchase these again. For the price, the destruction is not worth it. Please beware, keep an eye on your wallflowers or be prepared to replace outlets and repaint your walls.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

We bought the double wallflower outlet a long time ago, so when my husband and I were in Gatlinburg TN for the weekend, we got another bulb refill. We got Eucalyptus Mint. Originally we were going to keep it in our living room near the front door. It was so overbearing that we had to move it to our laundry room where the cat litter box is. It does a good job with odors but when you initially plug it in it is SO strong! We've had the cinnamon one before and it was the same way. Gave us both a headache.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by lnneddo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I am big on scents so I have candles all over the place- but you can't burn candles 24/7 and I can't exactly use them at work. I started using these last holiday season. I really like the Chocolate Mint smell, but now that spring is on the way I bought some peach, coconut (LOVE) and a few of the Hawaiian themed ones. I work in a car dealership with a bunch of men (I am a lady) and they are always saying how great my office and the hall outside smells. The scent definitely carries- which I like. ( I am Woman! Smell how pretty! Hear me Roar!)

A few of the previous posters commented on a flaw in the design where not being able to adjust the level of fragrance output is concerned. This doesn't bother me at all because if it DID have an adjustment, I would always keep them on full blast. Also... I am a little confused why people say it is difficult to screw the bulbs in. Not..rocket...science....

I like how there are a bunch of different designs for the actual plug ins. I got a cute owl shaped one for my office, and for my house I got 2 double holders for my room and the living room. My entire house smells awesome and I don't have to light a bunch of candles when I get home. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I finally got around to trying one of these before Christmas when the holiday scents were on for $2. I got the chocolate mint.

I plugged it in in our bathroom.. and WOW. Super, super strong. I could smell it throughout the entire top floor. Maybe I lucked out and purchased one of the stronger scents. My two male roommates are a little sensitive to smells, so I decided to unplug it and prop it up by the window.

Even though it was not plugged in, it still gave a nice smell, though definitely not as strong and, when the door was left open, the hallway smelled pleasant as well.

I bought the unit at the beginning of November and now it's the middle of January and there is still hints of scent, though we've kept it unplugged all this time.

Here in Canada, the regular price of these can be a little steep, but there's always great deals and sales going on. I'm sure I'll end up picking up some new bulbs on my next trip to BBW.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A waste of money. These things do not work well at all. You can barely smell them. I had purchased one in the scent "Cherry Blossom" and forgot it was even plugged in because the smell was not noticeable at all. I would be better off with Glade or Air Wick plug ins, plus they're cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Even though I gave this such a bad rating,yes I do continue to buy these little bulbs. They are cute, aromatic, and come in a incredible assortment of scent, and MUCH BETTER THAN TH E GLADE BULBS. I just used the "Marshmellow fireside" and it gave my room a faint smell. The pumpkin and cider ones are stronger (during fall are my favorite).They are pricey (12 bux) for two bulbs and everytime i have to put a new bulbs in it takes me a good 5 minutes cause I have to screw it on for a while. Thats the only main concern i have. After the holidays they normally have a big sale on the bulbs and you can get them as low as $2-$3 each, this is when i buy a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mellye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought a 3 bulbs and a wallflower plug-in, 4 for $20CAD. You can also get 6 for $25. So the price is relatively good. Affordable... sort of.

I've used Mint Chocolate and Homemade Cookies? Both Christmas scents. They both worked fantastic. I plugged them into my room in the upper floor and I could smell these scents from the kitchen on the main floor. Both of those lasted about 4 weeks. I find that different plugs result in different bulb usage... The plug I normally have it in, will take 4 weeks to completely drain it. I tend to take it out after 3.5 weeks though, because I'm just too excited to use a new scent! I'm currently using Sparkling Mojito. I really like the scent, but it's definitely not as strong as the Christmas ones. I suppose this makes sense, but it's sometimes hard to pick out the smell while in the room for a long time. When you walk into the room after a while, you can smell it easily.

I recently bought the night light plug-in. The bulb blew after two weeks. I took it back got another one just by complaining. It's now been 3 weeks and going strong. :)

The packaging is cute, but is really difficult to open at times and I'm always afraid that the little glass bulb will break. Though I know I can just bring it back to BBW, I've heard horror stories about these the liquid and hardwood floor... Personally, it's never happened to me, but I'd be cautious.