April 23, 2014 | 1909 users online

Accessories - Bath and Body Works - Wallflowers Wall Plug Home Fragrance

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this plug in in my bedroom. i agree with the others, when you plug it in, the initial scent can be quite strong. other than that, it scents up my room very well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by JK2600

I've been purchasing wallflowers for years and now with the new ones, they don't heat up, the fragrance does not disburse and a new issue has started, the fragrance oil leaks out and stains the electrical outlet and the wall. I discovered two of mine leaking down the wall. With my favorite fragrances being the earthy fall scents the color of the oil is either red or orange and you can imagine what orange oil has done to the wall. And the stain on the outlet can not be scrubbed clean, the outlet now has to be replaced. I will NEVER purchase these again. For the price, the destruction is not worth it. Please beware, keep an eye on your wallflowers or be prepared to replace outlets and repaint your walls.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

We bought the double wallflower outlet a long time ago, so when my husband and I were in Gatlinburg TN for the weekend, we got another bulb refill. We got Eucalyptus Mint. Originally we were going to keep it in our living room near the front door. It was so overbearing that we had to move it to our laundry room where the cat litter box is. It does a good job with odors but when you initially plug it in it is SO strong! We've had the cinnamon one before and it was the same way. Gave us both a headache.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by lnneddo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I am big on scents so I have candles all over the place- but you can't burn candles 24/7 and I can't exactly use them at work. I started using these last holiday season. I really like the Chocolate Mint smell, but now that spring is on the way I bought some peach, coconut (LOVE) and a few of the Hawaiian themed ones. I work in a car dealership with a bunch of men (I am a lady) and they are always saying how great my office and the hall outside smells. The scent definitely carries- which I like. ( I am Woman! Smell how pretty! Hear me Roar!)

A few of the previous posters commented on a flaw in the design where not being able to adjust the level of fragrance output is concerned. This doesn't bother me at all because if it DID have an adjustment, I would always keep them on full blast. Also... I am a little confused why people say it is difficult to screw the bulbs in. Not..rocket...science....

I like how there are a bunch of different designs for the actual plug ins. I got a cute owl shaped one for my office, and for my house I got 2 double holders for my room and the living room. My entire house smells awesome and I don't have to light a bunch of candles when I get home. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I finally got around to trying one of these before Christmas when the holiday scents were on for $2. I got the chocolate mint.

I plugged it in in our bathroom.. and WOW. Super, super strong. I could smell it throughout the entire top floor. Maybe I lucked out and purchased one of the stronger scents. My two male roommates are a little sensitive to smells, so I decided to unplug it and prop it up by the window.

Even though it was not plugged in, it still gave a nice smell, though definitely not as strong and, when the door was left open, the hallway smelled pleasant as well.

I bought the unit at the beginning of November and now it's the middle of January and there is still hints of scent, though we've kept it unplugged all this time.

Here in Canada, the regular price of these can be a little steep, but there's always great deals and sales going on. I'm sure I'll end up picking up some new bulbs on my next trip to BBW.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A waste of money. These things do not work well at all. You can barely smell them. I had purchased one in the scent "Cherry Blossom" and forgot it was even plugged in because the smell was not noticeable at all. I would be better off with Glade or Air Wick plug ins, plus they're cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Even though I gave this such a bad rating,yes I do continue to buy these little bulbs. They are cute, aromatic, and come in a incredible assortment of scent, and MUCH BETTER THAN TH E GLADE BULBS. I just used the "Marshmellow fireside" and it gave my room a faint smell. The pumpkin and cider ones are stronger (during fall are my favorite).They are pricey (12 bux) for two bulbs and everytime i have to put a new bulbs in it takes me a good 5 minutes cause I have to screw it on for a while. Thats the only main concern i have. After the holidays they normally have a big sale on the bulbs and you can get them as low as $2-$3 each, this is when i buy a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mellye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought a 3 bulbs and a wallflower plug-in, 4 for $20CAD. You can also get 6 for $25. So the price is relatively good. Affordable... sort of.

I've used Mint Chocolate and Homemade Cookies? Both Christmas scents. They both worked fantastic. I plugged them into my room in the upper floor and I could smell these scents from the kitchen on the main floor. Both of those lasted about 4 weeks. I find that different plugs result in different bulb usage... The plug I normally have it in, will take 4 weeks to completely drain it. I tend to take it out after 3.5 weeks though, because I'm just too excited to use a new scent! I'm currently using Sparkling Mojito. I really like the scent, but it's definitely not as strong as the Christmas ones. I suppose this makes sense, but it's sometimes hard to pick out the smell while in the room for a long time. When you walk into the room after a while, you can smell it easily.

I recently bought the night light plug-in. The bulb blew after two weeks. I took it back got another one just by complaining. It's now been 3 weeks and going strong. :)

The packaging is cute, but is really difficult to open at times and I'm always afraid that the little glass bulb will break. Though I know I can just bring it back to BBW, I've heard horror stories about these the liquid and hardwood floor... Personally, it's never happened to me, but I'd be cautious.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by shakeuptampa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I find myself having a problem with these. I love them, but mostly in the scents that I would love to wear! Unfortunate for me, they don't carry those scents in body products LoL. I love the passionfruits, pineapples, etc. I love these. I have a nightlight one and a regular one to plug in. The scent is so refreshing. I love when I can catch these on sale for $5 (2pk) or sometimes even $4 for the (2pk).

Weird warning: If you unplug one don't set it on furniture...if it falls over it will eat the paint or finish off of it! (Yes my mistake) But wow did the room smell great! Just a note to basically say you should not leave it unsupervised not plugged in..it will tip over, fall over, etc and end making a wonderful smelling mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have several wallflower units now and quite a few various refill bulbs.
Some scents are definitely stronger than others. The strongest so far has been Dark Kiss. Pomegranate Lemonade is very nice, but not as strong. The pumpkin and cranberry scents tend to be quite strong all the way though. Mint Chocolate is the best smelling one but isn't very strong at all; even with a brand new bulb it only vaguely smells sweet in the kitchen.
Each bulb lasts about 2 months plugged in constantly, so they do last some time.
They don't work well plugged in in the bathroom because the outlet is just a razor outlet that only works when the light is turned on. The light is never turned on long enough for it to scent the room, but for many people this is not the case.

Overall, they're fun and not too expensive considering the length of time they last. Sure, Glade and such are probably stronger but they aren't cruelty free and their scents tend to be sort of cheap smelling and harsh. I'll take Wallflowers.