November 23, 2014 | 1093 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Nail Polish in #378 "Posh Trash"

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by shortandsweetintexas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the shade of this polish, I really do, but I can't get over the streaky quality! I know a lot of frosty types have that, but it's enough to deter me from wearing it again. The shade is really complimentary against my skin, so it's kind of a shame this one didn't work out better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2010 6:00:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when I was out looking for a new bottle of Coral Brown- I thought they were still selling it so I didn't bring it along and just picked a colour I thought would be similar when I couldn't find it. Sadly, Posh Trash just does not work on me- too cool I suppose? It just makes my fingers look awful. The formula is pretty nice and the brush is good if you like wide brushes (for me it was a little too wide on some nails and gave a nice one stroke application on others). In addition to a quick application it also dries very fast but I don't find it lasts anywhere near the 10 days claimed on the bottle. It's not a terrible polish, especially for the price, it just didn't work for me colour-wise.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Chattnchick3

Awww!!! I love this nail polish! I got it for $1.69!!!! SO cheap!! :D
Anywho, it goes on well. No streaks with just one coat. Dries fast and is easy to apply. The color is a like a pearl mixed with bronze and milk chocolate. So nice.
Its a awesome everyday nail color!!!
I love it!!!!!
I will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the nail polish-form of my favorite eye shadow EVER, satin taupe...so basically a brown-plum with hints of silver. SUCH a rich and pretty color! I have "Camisole" by China Glaze and I was worried these colors were too similar...however this polish is deeper and has more of a purplish undertone than Camisole does. Application is pretty easy, considering it's a frost. Dries super fast, and lasting power is about as good as any other drugstore polish...so not that great. Love the name and the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Indrawn

This is for the Wear Maxx nailpolish with 'Lycra + minerals'.

I was deciding between "Posh Trash" and "Beige". Both were very similar pretty, shimmery light browns, "Posh Trash" being more pink based and "Beige" yellow based. I ended up buying the former. Although this is very shimmery it has no glitter particles. I was actually fooled by the bottle - it looks more brown, but on the nails it comes out more pink.

The polish is a bit thick which worries me since they tend to get even thicker over time. One coat already dries on the outside within a matter of seconds. I do not like that the finish isn't that smooth, I feel it could be smoother and glossier. You can see all the brush marks which is acceptable I guess, but would look ridiculous if you didn't paint vertically.

EDIT: I'm actually really liking this, it's thick enough so that one coat is already opaque! Two coats is just overkill. Also it does dry fast, but not fast enough that you can't finish painting the nail before it starts to get tacky, even if you're a slowpoke like me. Very idiotproof! The colour is so pretty that I can't stop looking at my nails. :3 Upping it to 5 lippies. You definitely need a base/top coat if you want this to last more than 3 days though.

EDIT: With a base coat, this goes on so much more smoother and brighter! (I'm using Sally Hansen Double Duty Base/Top Coat.) Very minimal brush marks. I also did a top coat, but I feel it looks much more raw and classier without one. Posh Trash is already very glossy by itself and an extra glossy top coat makes it look .. less 'posh' and more 'trash', in my opinion!

[1 coat, no base or top coat]
Day 2 - Slight chipping at the tips.
Day 3 - More chipping at the tips on 7/10 fingers but still looks okay.
Day 4 - 2mm of chipping at the tips (can see my entire white bit) and starting to recede from the bottom too. Not TOO noticeable because of this colour.
Day 5 - Looked pretty tacky so I removed the polish. Did NOT leave my nails yellow at all and the polish came off easily, which is good.

[1 coat, plus base coat]
Day 2 - Minor chips on 3/5 fingers. Dammit, I'm putting a top coat on. I hate redoing manicures.

[1 coat, plus base and top coat]
Day 2 - Still looks good. Tiny chip on 1 finger.
Day 3 - Wow. Major chips on 3/10 nails - entire chunks just came off, all 3 coats. I know it's not the clear coat's fault because I had some Revlon Silver Screen strips on the sides of the chipped nails, and they are still intact. Taking off a lippie for complete lack of staying power! Fixed up the chips with some more polish.
Day 5 - So far so good, my manicure looks around 80%. Removed it because I got bored of the colour.

RIMMEL PRICES (AUD) - Wear Maxx $10 / French Manicure $10 / 60 Seconds $8 / Lasting Finish $6

- - -
PRICE [3] $10 AUD for 12 ml | PACKAGING [4] | REPURCHASE [yes]

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by tarainlondon

Great colour, surprisingly looks better without a topcoat on! (Metallic-satiny sheen without topcoat vs glossy but possibly uneven with topcoat on). Also dried really fast, which is brilliant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

I re-discovered this in my polish drawer - lovely cool metallic silver beige - love the name - it does streak some going on, but nothing two coats won't fix. I use this a lot for winter/spring pedicures - love the price, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A pretty silvery-taupe. Neutral but not boring, surprisingly, it works well with my very pale, warm coloring. I've had good luck with Rimmel polish. They're cheap, have pretty good color payoff with 1 coat and definitely with 2, and they resist chipping pretty well. It can be a bit streaky going on, but nothing really noticeable. Would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by rach227

Love the color, it's neutral without being blah. It chips pretty easily, and is also a little streaky. I won't buy it again, but I'll use it every once in a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by veelencia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color. I typically wear black polish as my everyday color but I decided to try a neutral color. I would say this is a shimmery light bronze. This would be perfect except that it chipped after one day and is also quite streaky. It did dry rather quickly which is a good thing. Overall, I would say it is a good bargain if you're looking for temporary wear.