Badger Healing balm

Not tested on animals

Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Organic), Beeswax (Natural), Castor Oil, Aloe Vera Extract, Essential Oil of Sweet Birch

on 12/6/2012 9:06:00 AM

It still amazes me, how products that actually work don't cost so much and frequently underrated because they don't have flashy brand names.

This is my first Badger Balm, and yes i'm not illiterate thank you, because I use this for my lips & cuticles despite of the writing on the tin :'for hardworking hands'.

These are what I like :
- the scent. it doesn't annoy me at all.i rather like it, it smells 'nature',clean, fresh scent.the scent will be gone in no time.
- my lips are always dry,cracked and chapped.always, no matter what lip balm/lip treatment I use. Tried Egyptian Magic Cream, but it's too greasy.This doesn't. Badger has this smooth texture, quick to absorb, leave my lips moist & soft.
- works magic for my they aren't dry and nasty anymore.
- it's made from all natural, cruelty free ingredients.what's not to love?
- due to the usage, the tin is HUGE.for $9? that's awesome bargain.

what I don't like :
- the packaging. not too hygienic eh? and i have to re-depot it to smaller container for each usage.

but overall, I love it, and can't wait to get my hands to Badger's other balms :)

on 1/4/2012 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love Badger, the company, their philosophy, web site, cute little tins, the logo ...etc. but I hate this stuff's scent. I really can't stand it. I'm not good at describing scents but it smells like a medicine or a doctor's office. If you plan to buy it, buy its scentless version, otherwise good luck.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this and the unscented also. Love them both. I use them for all kinds of stuff. See my unscented review for more.

on 5/3/2011 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Warm weather is here and that means lots of pedis, Jack Rogers Sandals, flip flops and barefootin' it! After all those months of neglecting my feet (sorry puppies) it is time to pamper them and take good care of them. I can start off with Badger Healing Balm. This all-purpose balm is excellent for softening those awful chapped areas of the feet--like the heel area. It really works--it won't do the job in a day or two, but if you keep applying every day within a couple of weeks your feet will be nice and soft and chap-free!
I do use this in the winter on my hands and I'm telling you I have not had any winter chappiness on my hands since using this. It is also a balm for lips when my chapstick is not close by...and...tada--if you put too much on your hands, you can run your hands through your hair and use this as a hair smoother. Honest! This is a definite keeper for the entire family. Keep one by the kitchen sink and one in the bathroom. Good stuff!

on 11/6/2010 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this healing balm. I first tried Burt's Bees hand salve, it was very waxy and hard. But this balm is soft and easy to apply. I love the woodsy scent, it doesn't remind me of cleaning products like some previous reviews mentioned. The scent is actually really light.

1) very moisturizing. If you are looking for a good moisturizing balm, this is it. However, it could be a little heavy if you are use to regular lotions since its main ingredient is organic olive oil. Badger does a good job in mixing the right amount of oil and beeswax, I would rather have it a little oily than waxy.

2) The smell reminds me of cold winter months in NH :)

3) It's great for dry patches. Somehow this works better than just plain olive oil or jojoba oil in liquid form

4) Cheap. A 2oz tint is priced around $6.49 to $7.99. A little goes along way. A 2oz tint usually lasts about 4 months with every night use.

5) Amazing organic ingredients, no mineral oil or artificial fragrance.

6) Convenient packaging, easy to open and seals well.

1) Since olive oil is its main ingredient, it does have a little bit of olive oil smell to it. I wish they could add a little more essential oil to cover it up.

LOVE this! I love the minty/woodsy scent. I love that my frequently dry/chapped hands are soothed and healed quickly. I love the convenient tin packaging. I love that it's natural. I just love everything about it.

Well, except one tiny thing... I can't really use it on my hands during my work day because it leaves a layer of kinda greasy moisture on your hands for a little while after you apply it (which, in general, I really like) and I can't do any paperwork with it on because wherever I touch paper it leaves an invisible layer that prevents ink from transferring from pen to pad. I also have a tendency to play with my hair a lot and if I have this balm on my hands I end up looking VERY greasy by the end of the day. So mostly I use it to massage into my hands when I am doing nothin else and always apply before bed.

Despite that one drawback, I will absolutely buy this again and again. The benefits just from the times of day I DO use it far outweigh the one little problem.

on 1/12/2010 11:31:00 PM

This is my first review of anything, so I figured that I'd review something that I absolutely LOVE! I've been using this stuff for years. I have it in the regular (scented) & the unscented. I use the scented on cuts (dab a little on and then put on a band-aid) doing this over-night and once or twice during the day heals it fast. Since I have sensitive skin, I can have bad reactions if my hands come into contact with something that is too harsh (sometimes my fingers can crack & bleed if exposed to harsh detergents). I just put this on like I do for cuts, and good as new! I use the unscented for hand treatments at night. I moisten my hands with a little bit of water, work in some balm, and put a pair of gloves on. I get pretty good results. If my hands are really wrecked, I usually need to do this 2 or 3 nights to really get them back to normal. I also use this on my lips sometimes. I have said before that if I was trapped on an island that this is something I want with me for sure! I would also like to add that it is greasey/oily. That would be because it has olive oil, castor oil & beeswax. Personally, I don't mind this since it works for me so well. I also love their lip balms. I'm never without them.

on 1/3/2010 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The trick is finding out how this works best for you. I have extremely dry legs and still prefer Eucerin on my legs and feet. The product has a creamy/waxy texture that turns oily as you rub it onto the skin.
I find this works wonders on two fronts:
1. It's the best cuticle cream.
2. I frequently cook and usually get minor burns on my forearms at least once a week. This is a great moisturizer for the entire forearm. As the burn heals, this helps expedite the healing and reduces peeling and scarring.
Now if they could get rid of the play-doh mixed with something medicinal scent.

on 10/20/2009 12:30:00 AM

I love love love this stuff! I am a serious badger balm lover, and this was the fist one I have ever purchased, I have a few different types. I had psoriasis on my elbows and I thought I would buy this and try it on them, let me tell you it worked wonders,my skin cleared up within like a week or two. I also use it on my hands because I pick hangnails and skin around my fingers, and so I use this stuff on them, makes them softer and they heal faster. I have pretty much used this for everything even on scrapes I want to heal fast, after it is to the healing stage I will rub some of this on and it makes scrapes vanish fast. I love the scent, it's a bit minty/beeswaxy fresh, I like it.

on 9/19/2009 12:25:00 AM

This product really works. My husband is a contractor and uses this on his hands, and he gets results. He claims the bees swarm around his hands during the day, but I am not sure that I believe him.

The salve smells great and it's packaged in a good, old fashioned tin. Perfect for carrying in your makeup bag or pocket.

Popular Body Skincare Products