Bath and Body Works Cotton Blossom

3.5

on 12/30/2013 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Cotton Blossom quickly became one of my favourite shower gels when I discovered it at a BBW semi-annual. I'm not a fan of this as a lotion or body spray (but a room spray? Yes please!), but the shower gel is divine. It smells fresh and clean, yet at the same time, light and powdery soft, and it lingers nicely on the skin after using it. If only this scent were a regular in store--Sea Island Cotton by contrast smells of harsh laundry detergent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The name of this product truly does describe its scent - it's a sweet linen scent, not a fresh scent... as the "blossom" would entail. Many people complain of it being too strong, however I do not experience this problem - granted, I only own the bath gel and the scent of my body lotion covers it a bit, anyways.
It's a nice scent... powdery, soft and feminine... only purchased the large bottle for $3 so am very happy!

on 4/23/2011 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This smells pretty! and I plan to buy it again in the furture. I have had this lotion since January 2011 and it's almost gone! I really wore it alot durning March and April. I reach for it on most days since the weather has been warm with a cool breeze. I also really like to wear this on the weekend. I might save what little I have left for the summer since this is one of bath & body works summer scents.

Inspired by the scent of pure cotton linen blowing in the breeze, this fragrance is clean, fresh and powdery soft.

Fragrance Top Notes: Sun Dried Linen Accord, Grass, Mandarin Blossom
Fragrance Mid Notes: Jeans Accord, Peony, Cotton
Fragrance Base Notes: Musk, Baby Powder

UPDATE- August 12, 2011 - My lotion and spray are all gone! I can't wait to buy this again during the winter sale so I can wear this again in the spring of 2012!

on 3/22/2011 12:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this smell! I have the antibac hand lotion and I only use a tiny bit, as I find the smell can be a bit overwhelming and strong at times. But I still carry this in my purse, and get tons of compliments on how great it smells. My male coworker will occasionally steal it from my purse!

on 6/7/2009 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This my fave one ..I stocked them up last purchase since I was told that it was gonna be discontinued. Yeah, the smell is way strong. but it lasts all day..speaking of one who works in the kitchen :) I will try the new version which called something blossom.

Smells so good! I LOVE IT.

on 10/20/2008 2:51:00 PM

I am on the fence about this scent. Sometimes it's too strong and other times it's just right. I would not purchase it again because there are many other scents out there, and I don't have to decide if I like them everytime I wear it.

on 1/3/2008 3:07:00 PM

I got this as a gift and almost gagged in the shower. Its way to strong and powdery. My husband wanted me to get right back in the shower and wash it off because it was making him sick too. The smell is overpowering all day too. UGH.

I think Juniper Breeze is a much lighter cleaner scent and get a lot of compliments on it.

on 12/15/2007 11:34:00 AM

I like cotton blossom. It is always a nice classic clean scent. I think they discontinued this one, but you can find a scent that smells exactly like it from Bath and Body Works. I believe it is called Sea Island Cotton. I can't tell the difference between Cotton Blossom and that one. They both are great and I think you will find yourself reaching for this scent on a daily basis. I know I do.

on 10/20/2007 5:42:00 AM

Recieved the hand wash as a gift and I really like it. The smell is great and my hands don't get dried out.

Popular Gels/Soaps