September 2, 2014 | 1828 users online

Treatments - Mavala - MAVADERMA (Massage oil for nail growth)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by danai

I used to be a hardcore nail biter. I don't even know how young I was when it started, because I have no memories, even as a very young child, with my nails intact. At some point I managed to stay off the habit for a couple of years, but even then it came back. Finally, I managed to quit it for good four years ago, and this product helped me tremendously with that process.
It's a dry, silky oil that is applied to cuticles daily in order to help nails grow faster and healthier. And that's exactly what it does, in my experience. It really does speed up growth (though of course you shouldn't expect anything overnight), and turns the worst nails (whatever shape your nails are in, mine when I first used this take the cake) into, well, healthy, normal looking nails. Also it's very user friendly, as it doesn't feel greasy at all and has a very nice soft rose scent. It feels luxurious like something you'd have applied at a salon during a professional treatment.
The only downside:it's expensive.
All in all if you're a nail biter desperate to stop and in need of serious motivation, get this and massage your cuticles with it daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I've been using this product for about two weeks and I can see that my nails are growing faster than usual. I apply at night and massage into the nail base, as well as on the nail itself. This keeps my cuticles soft.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 2:59:00 AM More reviews by tobacco_flower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been a nail-biter for 9 years and it is only recently that I have stopped somewhat. For the past several months, my nails have been attacked by some sort of fungus and so they look like they've been over-manicured. During those desperate months when my nails were so horrendous looking, it was very comforting to massage in the wonderful smelling Mavaderma. For about 3 weeks, there was some improvement as the nails became pinker, but there was no significant growth.Then after a month, the white parts of my nails started "eating" into my nail bed again, and so I stopped using Mavaderma. Since then, I saw a doctor and he told me not to apply anything else. I think Mavaderma is only useful for maintaining good healthy nails. Only time, patience and antibotics will help us nail-biters.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Skincarediva

Two weeks ago I had no free-edge to my nails at all. Now after using Mavaderma for those two weeks I have about 1/8 " growth to my nails. I am so pleased with the results. I feel that my nails are the right length to start wearing a light colored polish which I would have never considerd a few weeks ago.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2004 3:55:00 AM More reviews by monik

I've been using this according to instructions every day for a month. I have noticed no difference in how fast my nails grow. My cuticles are in excellent condition though :-) Really, I don't believe this oil does any more than regular cooking oil would do if you massaged your nail base with it every day - I think it's the massage that speeds up the growth (when that happens). When I run out I'm going to refill the handy little bottle with olive oil and see if there is a difference. Anyway, I think this product deserves a 2 - it smells nice and doesn't do any harm.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2003 3:15:00 AM More reviews by marmalady

My nails was growing very slowly at one point, think it was because of the acrylic nail I've done prior to that.

After using this product, my nails grew so much faster! LOVED IT! :D