October 31, 2014 | 1052 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Twig Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this as part of a package deal at Costco; this is my first Stila e/s purchase, and I am very pleased. Although it appeared to have a reddish tint in the pan, it didn't look red at all on me, and I love the color. It's very flattering on blue eyes--it makes my eyes look bluer.
Application is a dream; its very smooth with a high color payoff. A little goes a long way. It lasted on me a good 10 hours without creasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

The harder a color is to describe, the more certain I am to snatch one up; Twig is a warm brown/mahogany/plum/deep copper. It's all of these shades, and yet none of them is quite apt. So of course I had to have it. Althought the shadow itself is a "shimmer" it's warm, dark color absorbs more light than it reflects, so the effect is very subtle. There is some microglitter that, amazingly, is the same color as the shadow itself, and it creates depth and dimension rather than sparkle. This is one that has to be seen IRL to be appreciated. Don't let photos fool you: this is not easily duped. Of the 3 Stila shadows I purchased, this was the one I thought we be the problem child, because of the reddish undertones. But I found that it works beautifully with the cool aquas and jades of summertime. I also think it would fit right in with the deeper, earthier shades of the fall season. And the quality of Stila's shadows is great. This shade is particular is extremely velvety and fine with no powdery fallout. Just add this to your arsenal! You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by schwabj

Twig is a fabulous plummy red-based brown with a satin finish and very fine-milled plum sparkles (NOT chunky glitter, which I dislike). And though it looks intimidatingly dark in the pan, it is a very wearable crease color (I have fair skin, so if it works on me, chances are it'll work on pretty much anyone). Like all Stila eyeshadow singles I've tried, it's got a great, smooth, buttery texture. It's also easy to blend and apply, and doesn't have much (if any) fall-out. Good job, Stila!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by earthlili

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Way too dark for me and so my skin doesn't really benefit from its lovely plum shimmer. I have watched so many tutorials about contouring the eye and particularly the outer V. I am now finding that that style of application does't work for me. This also doesn't work as an eyeliner for me.
It is a beautiful colour that I would recommend people swatch for themselves before purchasing. I swatched it in the shop before I purchased it, but only on my arm. I really need to let shop assistants help me with such choices whilst I'm stil building up my eyeshadow palette.
Not a universal colour. Beautiful creamy texture and staying power are great though. Good quality product and unique shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Katrinket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim during the online warehouse sale, sight unseen. It looked way too dark for me, but how could so many reviews be wrong? They weren't wrong! It's magical stuff! Totally wearable, despite being dark. It looks like something I'd never be able to wear, at least not during the day, and not at my age (40). But the moment I put some in the crease and blend, my eyes suddenly look sophisticated. It's not nearly so dark as it looks in the pan. It's a red brown. I have plenty of other med-dark brown that I use in the crease, but this one is special. I think it's the red in it that sets it apart. It's a red blush tone, not a bronzer/orange tone. My eyes are hazel with more green than brown in them. This color brings them out. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by redcloud75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow! The texture is perfect -- finely milled but with enough body to stay in place. Its color is deceptively dark, which I find terrific as it's buildable. I can use it as a sheer wash of color on my lids or do several layers for a smoky eye. I'm so happy to find a rich brown with golden undertones without any kind of glitter/sparkle/etc. It stays in place pretty well - much better on the days that I can bother with an eyelid primer, of course --and doesn't migrate. All in all, a great product at a reasonable price. I would be so much happier if the package had its own mirror, however!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by RawCreoleGoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a classic Stila color that still delivers. Great in the crease. I've had mine for years. You can't go wrong with this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 9:47:00 AM More reviews by veritykrall

Oh my goodness...I am in LOVE. This shadow is so beautiful. It has so many dimensions, it's so soft, there's no fall out, it lasts forever on your lids, you get so much product. This eye shadow is just so amazing. Everyone should own it. I would buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great crease color and a great e/l when applied with a damp e/l brush. Looks great with my blue eyes...really makes the color pop. Excellent texture and very little shimmer. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Frogilina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty loyal to MAC for my eyeshadows, but WOW! This is such a gorgeous and unique color that I've never seen in their line or any other. I would describe it as a burgundy-brown with a soft shimmer. It has wonderful staying power and blends effortlessly. I have been wearing it as an all over lid color paired with a neutral bone shade (MAC Bisque) on my brow bone and it just makes my light blue eyes pop! Having a cool toned complexion with a lot of pink in it, I was a little skeptical as to whether or not I could wear this color, but it looks simply beautiful on me! This shade compliments so many different colors which is great since I tend to want my eye shadow to coordinate with my clothing. I reach for it nearly every day and when I don't, I wish I had! Very impressed!