August 30, 2014 | 1757 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Casino

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by SilverAngel621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
great color payoff, very pigmented
great color for an Indian skin tone (for reference I'm Barcelona in Nars Sheer Glow)

Cons:
The bloody price! $38!
the compact it looks nice when you take out of the package but after a few days in my makeup box, the kind of rubbery top of the compact looks dirty and smoky

I really like this bronzer. I've had it for a year and there is still a LOT of product left so I won't be out hunting for a bronzer for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

About NW40 these days, so finding a bronzer to use as a contour is a challenge. Most popular shades just mimic my actual skintone but Casino seemed to be more in the realm of what I was looking for. NARS products are really unparalleled in terms of longevity; I have had some of their blushes for years and not so much as a dip has emerged in the pan. Casino is a warm bronze that is not totally matte but doesn't pack obvious sparkle or anything either. It is always near Laguna which is way too light for me.

Casino looks excellent as a contour. It is neither orange nor grey in color which makes it very natural on the face. Personally, I find it too natural as in I have to apply a lot for my contours to be prominent. As much as I love the shade of this bronzer, it is still a little too light for me. I can't always see my cheekbone line by the end of the day. I would definitely keep this bronzer around for more natural and subtle looks, but for those who share my skintone, I highly recommend the Guerlain bronzers. They have a more broad range of dark shades than NARS has. I still enjoy Casino though, it's just a more subtle shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by ilovemac03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this bronzer so much. For reference, I am NC 43, for some reason since my skin is already a tan colour, I never thought I needed bronzer until I bought this. It gives my face some dimension and really makes it look alive. It gives me the dimension in my face that is lost from putting on foundation. I can't go a day without wearing bronzer anymore.

The only con is the price, at $42 CAD its quite expensive, including it my everyday wear is definitely not helping either.It's been about 2.5 months since I bought it and I have already hit pan but its no where near finishing still, it should probably last me another 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by darleneloves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this bronzer. I did a lot of research on bronzers before I went into Sephora (specifically on matte bronzers for contouring). I was set on trying Too Faced Chocolate Soleil or Benefit's Hoola Bronzer, since they had such great reviews. When I tried them on, they both nearly disappeared into my skin (I'm NC40 in the summer and about an NC37 in the winter---I tried it on in the winter). I needed help, so I consulted a salesperson who had a nearly identical skin tone to mine. She said that both the bronzers I was looking at weren't suited for my skin tone and introduced me to NARS Casino! I was surprised she didn't point me into the direction of the well-loved NARS Laguna. I swatched Casino, and it turned out to be a great match. She swatched all of the bronzers mentioned onto my skin to show me the difference. I've been using this everyday since! I use it under my cheekbones for definition and a glow (has a very slight, flattering shimmer to it) along with my favorite blush (Lancome Blush Subtil in Cedar Rose) and luminizer (Benefit's Watt's Up).

PROS: easily blendable, doesn't look dirty or muddy on me like the cheap bhcosmetics contouring powder i used to use, a little goes a long way, sturdy packaging, compliments darker skintones, buildable

CONS: price, pretty expensive (but a little does go a long way!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by greenobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am an NC40-42.

I love NARS Casino. When I ran out of my Laguna, I decided to get Casino because I felt like it would be better for my skin tone after all.

And I was right. This gave me the glow, warmth and depth Laguna couldn't give me - I had to pile on tons of Laguna just to get it to even show up (probably why I ran out of Laguna so quickly). For Casino, I only needed to use a little and it'll give me warmth. Not too brown that it looks muddy. Also, the shimmer is not too noticeable as it is fine.

I've had this for quite some time and I've barely made a dent in it.

If you have the same skin tone... and deciding between Laguna and Casino, go Casino.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Chardibona

Im a bit tan and at the store the makeup artist said to try going for the laguna bronzer instead of the shade casino but i went with my gut and tried casino because i love a deep tanned look with a rosy sun kissed cheek. This bronzer is one of my favorites because it really gives your face life. It allows my freckles to show through yet keeps me tanned and glowing with little shimmer. Great product but very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by batool00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My ultimate favorite bronzer thus far. I once tried it on one side of my face, and tried the most recommended bronzer from mac on another...and the difference was amazing. I was glowing and contoured perfectly.

Only reason I haven't repurchased it is because of the price...I am trying to find a bronzer that is a bit cheaper lol. Though it seems all drugstore brands keep it very light for my skin tone (and I am just tanned/olive skin tone!)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by lisabellydancer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have caramel brown skin that can be ruddy because of rosacea. I recently got some cream that takes away all that redness from around my nose but I felt my face was looking flat. Enter Casino. I didn't want a blush, nor did I want to try to look like I've been broiling in the noonday sun for 3 months either. I don't believe in contouring either because that can look too drag queenish (and I don't need it anyway). Right now I'm REALLY big on the fresh-faced no-makeup but as-close-as-I-can-get-to-flawless look. I was only looking for an extremely sheer wash of color that is noticeable, but definitely not recognizable as blush or bronzer, you know, kind of how a little kid's face looks naturally. With Casino, that's exactly what I got. It is close to my own skin tone, and despite some other reviews, doesn't read red or orange on my face. I love this and probably won't use blush ever again. I know this is good because I wore it to work and most people didn't notice, nor say they like my makeup (which is what they'll do, and is never a good sign imo) and I only got a few comments that my skin was looking good and healthy today. Score!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

So I'm nc 40 and this is a little to dark for me to contour unless I'm going out clubbing at night. I have to apply very very lightly. It's nice once blended tho. Still love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by EllieA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked the product and I love NARS packaging, but would probably go for Laguna next time as it was a little dark and mucky looking on my skin tone, and I have a medium skin tone. I also find alot of bronzers difficult to use because I have mild acne and tend to get spots around my cheekbone area and I always find bronzers can stick to the concealer I use to cover my spots and enhance them abit, I thought i'd spend abit more on a bronzer to see if it was any better and glided easier, but unfortunately it didn't and my spots were still enhanced.