December 17, 2014 | 1747 users online

Skincare - Face - Mario Badescu - Control Moisturizer for Oily Skin

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by inkonapin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is is not good for my skin. My acne is inflamed and more noticeable after using it, and I have new areas of acne forming from this as well. I used it twice, the second time to be sure it was this product causing me issues and it was.

I reviewed MB's Healing & Soothing Mask similarly and as I stated in that review, I think it is the Balsam Peru ingredient causing me problems since it is in both. Seamollient is in both as well, but I use a different product containing Seamollient without issue.

I have moderately oily skin. If I wear makeup, after several hours it will be prone to moving around if I touch my face. That is what I am trying to prevent.

Pros: works well with makeup
Cons: feels like Crisco and just sits on my face - all - day - long, clogs pores or irritates skin

Not worth it. If the Healing & Soothing mask give you issues, think twice - this has similar ingredients and is meant to sit on your face alllll day long.

I take all reviews with a grain of salt. The MB product I love most, and which got me into trying all these MB products is the Honey Moisturizer which has mixed reviews here. You just never know.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by purplemascara

Mario Badescu lost a lawsuit last year for undisclosed ingredients (steroids) in their control cream and healing cream, who knows what other undisclosed ingredients they lie about in their other products?
Although this is an ok moisturizer, i will stop using it because of that reason

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by laurentaylor88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this moisturizer nightly before bed. I have oily and blackhead-prone skin, so I needed something that simply wouldn't clog my pores. I like this one, good price and does it's job. It doesn't break me out, and leaves my skin feeling hydrated. My only gripe is the same as some of the other reviews; it gets clogged in the dispenser. One time, I squeezed it so hard to clear the clog, I exploded probably a third of the bottle onto my bathroom mirror. It does leave somewhat of a shiny look once on, but that doesn't bother me because I use it at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Jessstones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my Holy Grail moisturizer. I am on prescription acne medicine from my dermatologist and this stuff is amazing. The meds I'm on dries out my normally very oily skin but this stuff is wonderful. It heals up my drop spots without clogging up my pores. If you want a good moisturizer for oily skin but without harsh acne fighting ingredients in it- try this product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by reesestar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used so many brands of moisturizers over the years.. This has been so must effective for me. For the most part, I notice significantly less shine throughout the day and with this moisturizer I've had the best luck with my foundation being longer-wearing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by inthiscity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've made it about half way through a bottle... I'm trying to stick it out but I feel like it may be what is rendering my acne treatments ineffective. It clogs in the bottle as everyone else has stated. I can't help but think it must be a source of my clogged pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I HATE this moisturizer. It does not adsorb, leaves my skin sticky, smells strange, and ALWAYS gets clogged in the lid. Truthfully, this product could work really well for someone, just not me. The sales lady at Ulta recommended this for me, even after I explained to her that I have combination oily skin, almost never get acne, and needed something that I could use both nightly and under my foundation during the day. This product is clearly not for me. For the price ($18 USD for two ounces) it would be a really good deal if it actually worked.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by eeeee

Love this! I was skeptical about trying yet another moisturizer because they all seem to break me out despite being marketed for acne-prone skin. This is the first moisturizer in years that I have been able to apply to my entire face (I use a separate moisturizer for my eye area) that moisturizes sufficiently and of course, doesn't break me out. The only other I can think of was by Clean & Clear that had SPF and always stung (used it years ago, might break me out today). This has stung just the tiniest bit when I've applied it, but it goes away within a minute or two. I honestly didn't buy it because I expected it to control my oiliness (I use another product for that), because I have extremely oily skin, but just as a basic moisturizer. I use products for acne that give me flaky skin and this takes care of that.

If you're looking for a basic moisturizer that doesn't break you out, I would suggest you give this a try.

UPDATE: 02/11/2013
I took 2 lippies off (if I could I would've taken 1.5) I stopped using this all over my face because I'm not 100% convinced it doesn't clog my pores at least a little bit. Also, this product dries out horribly in the bottle. It comes with a squirt type application and I found myself wasting product to remove what dried out in the opening. Now I unscrew the top to apply around my mouth and nose resulting in a bunch of product drying out around the top. Also, don't forget to shake to mix before each use as it tends to separate.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by yucareb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for years for a moiturizer that didn't cause more acne and that actually moisturized my skin without creating that "oil slick" effect. I've used this under mineral foundation and full coverage liquid foundation. I like the way my skin felt when I used it under mineral foundation, but my scars still showed through. I switched to a full coverage liquid foundation and found that my skin did feel tacky, but at least it wasn't "shiny". I have used an entire bottle in about six months and I used it day and night. I didn't really notice a smell to it after I put it on my skin. The dispenser did get clogged, but I realized that I could simply unscrew the cap and dispence a nickel size amount on the palm of my hand. I have noticed that after not using anything as a moisturizer for the last two weeks, that my face is breaking out repeatedly with no end in sight. The redness has also returned from my eczema. Although it's not the perfect moisturizer, it's as close to what my skin needs that I can find and I will be purchasing another bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Daniizle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! After having a really bad experience with Proactiv Sheer Tint Moisturizer, I went to ULTA for something to save my skin from this really nasty dryness. I told the girl who was there that I had oily skin but I was going through this "dry skin" period. She recommended this Mario Badescu moisturizer (she said it was for combination skin, but the picture looks like the one I have). $18. Sounds reasonable. I LOVE IT! I definitely recommend. Not too greasy or oily. Love it. Would buy agian