July 28, 2014 | 1256 users online

Lip Gloss - Milani - Crystal Gloss for Lips

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Wow, these are tiny. I lose lip glosses easily so this is not a plus for me -- bigger tubes like Benefit and Sephora glosses have some inconveniences but they're outweighed by the fact that it's pretty much impossible for me to forget them in a pants pocket or overlook them in the corner of my purse.

Okay formula, stickier than glosses of a similar thickness level usually seem to be, but not crazy sticky. I read a lot of complaints about the scent, but I'm pretty fussy about scent and I found it to be mild and innocuous (I had a Milani tube gloss once that would choke a goat, the fake vanilla was so strong). Shiny and decent wear.

I had Sheer Dark Honey and didn't like it on my skintone -- too brownish/blackish. I prefer Sephora's Ultra Shine in Purple Honey for a darkened/deep berry lip. But my experience with the gloss in general was positive and there are some other colors I'd like to try out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by BulkyDecorativeClock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been all about these little, bullet-shaped lipglosses for years. Shades have come and gone, but I enjoyed them all until they completely ran out!

Crystal Gloss' texture is thin-moderate, non-sticky, and moist with average staying power; also, every shade in the line has a yummy vanilla scent. I love that the sleek package fits nicely in my front jeans pockets. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Msjudynguyen

I recently purchased a couple crystal glosses for lips from Milani from Walgreens. Compared to other drugstore brands, I was amazed by the consistency of the products. My favorite gloss from their line would be fruit punch. Not only is it a great product but it was cheap. It was mark-down at Walgreens from $5.99 to only $2.59. Major steal. I couldn't have been happier. The quality is great. The packaging is decent and suitable for the gloss considering that it is a drugstore brand. We all can't expect YSL packaging on everything. It is compact and easy to carry around. In the hands, it is easily hidden. The colors are opaque and on top of a lipstick, it looks perfect. I would recommend topping the fruit punch lip gloss on top of the wet n wilds think pink matte lipstick that is about $1.99 from Walgreens. If you go right now they have buy one get one half off till the end of this week. The combination is beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I tried several colors from this line (Summer Baby, Secret, Whisper), but the only one that looked half decent on me is Pretty Plush. This shade is a very pigmented, "amplified" natural tone of rose. It is almost as opaque as a lipstick. I really like the packaging, the wand gets just enough gloss on it to not have a goopey application, and the entire thing is cute and mini for the clutch. I found that with the other colors, my dry patches were emphasized and my lips were not moisturized during the wear. But this shade, while not amazingly flattering, is decent and I like the formula, so it's a keep, maybe not a repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by HolyPeas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the product. The packaging isnt pretty but it does the job. I purchased this in sheer dark honey. It looks nearly black in the tube but comes out sort of purpleish, which was disappointing for me, I was hoping for more of a deep red color because it reminded me so much of the clinque honey color.

The formula is good though, I will repurchase this in other shades and this one will do fine mixed with other products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Milani seems like they are really starting to rival UD lately. I just saw a ton of new items at my local CVS that made me go hmmm....

I digress. This review is for the newer, smaller tubes of Crystal Gloss which I have two of: Baby Love (sheer light but bright pink with tons of multicolored microglitter -and I'm talking like Disco Ball shimmer here but in a good way because it's really eyecatching) and Sheer Dark Honey (sheer dark blackberry with silver microglitter but not as 'blingy' as Baby Love). Both go on sheer with major shimmer which is why I got them; mostly to wear over various lipsticks to add some moisture, shimmer and mix it up a bit, but I can also wear alone to give my natural lipcolor some oomph since I have quite pigmented lips to begin with. Baby Love is a bit too much for dayttime though, so I save it for evenings when I don't mind the major sparkle; it's definitely a "going out" shade!

Sheer Dark Honey on the other hand, can be worn day or night. It reminds me of Clinique Black Honey and MAC Tuxe De Luxe for those who remember those. It looks like a scary dark, almost black in the tube and I almost passed it up, then I saw "Sheer" in the name and had a feeling it might be like the aforementoined shades and sure enough, it is. On the lips it translates to a lovely sheer berry shade, more or less depending on how pigmented your lips are to begin with. It is a really pretty shiny berry that enhances my mauve pigmented lips nicely, and I don't see the glitter on so don't be afraid of this one in either way. However, it might pull purple on some gals who have no natural lipcolor, and then again it could be used to darken up too-pale lipsticks if it doesn't work on it's own. On me however, it's a apply nd go shade that I absolutely love and would buy a backup in a heartbeat if I ever felt they were discontinuing it; it's just that unique. Especially for the drugstore.

Texture-wise these are thick like Lipglass but not as sticky with no grit factor despite the glitter. The only thing I do not care for is that while they smell like cake batter, they taste like crayons. This dissipates pretty fast thankfully, and overall these are cute, inexpensive little tubes of unique shades and I'll probably pick up at couple more while they're BOGO: Summer Sunset (similar to MAC Oh Baby) and Pure Blush (not sure what it's a dupe of, if anything, but it's a medium brownish-mauve shimmer that may or may not go on sheer. We will have to wait and see).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Artbum

MY HG l/g Hands Down: the shade "Hush Hush".!! After having read great reviews for the Milani Crystal hue "Summer Baby", I purchased it and though I do like the color, it didn't have enough Oomph for me, as I'm more of a lips vs. eye person in general, so when I wear lip gloss I want **dazzle**, even in daytime. Finally! I love frosty lips and the bronzed look. I have dark hair and light olive skin, so this gets the attention I love for lipwear. The formulation is creamy, moisturizing and not tacky; NO MINT, NO GROSS TINGLING OR BURNING. ------- it sticks through drinking and eating! This says a lot about a l/g. I am in love. I'll buy a tube of Hush Hush anytime I see it at a store. >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by In2th3night

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the color of the gloss in 'summer baby'. First one I have tried. I don't know why I have not tried this earlier, the color in the tube is what you get! Thick but not sticky. I hope to see more colors by Milani , soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I got this in Baby Love which is a very pretty corally/pink color that looks absolutely delicious in the bottle. However, the formula is very sheer and I often like to wear lip gloss by itself. When I put it on alone, it looks like shimmery, clear gloss, not the gorgeous shimmery pink that it imparts in the tube. I will keep using, but I tend to favor glosses with more pigment in them than this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the small gloss as an extra in a swap from a lovely MUA'r, thank you! Unfortunately Milani is a brand which isn't available here in Europe. Personally I don't like this gloss at all. I agree that it is very very much like MAC lipglass, but I hate MAC lipglasses. It's very very sticky, I don't like sticky lipglosses because they don't spread very easily or smoothly on the lips, and they tend to clump up in one place. The colour was absolutely gorgeous in the tube but I couldn't see it at all on my dark lips, it was too sheer. If this gloss were available here I wouldn't buy it. If you are looking for a great cheap lipgloss I would recommend Essence brand, super cheap but very high quality brand.