April 24, 2014 | 1875 users online

Treatments - Phyto - Phytonectar

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by samara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair is straight long and highlighted. It has become fuzzy on the ends to the point I dread brushing my hair and looking at it because it just looks stringy and broken. My hair is now becoming silkier and shiny. Phyto is changing my scalp and hair. So happy I found these products!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

This did nothing to my hair and itīs expensive. The smell is ok and is easy to apply. I leave it all night because i found 10 minutes were not enough. All night was not enough either to see good results. My hair was not softer or repaired. Waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by sdrayt1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, this product is expensive but itís a nice treat for my hair. My Mom uses it and I decided to give it a try when I dropped BIG bucks on an edgy salon cut with highlights (double process color since my hair is so dark). My hair is also relaxed so I was worried about damage. I saw results after the first use. I left this on, put my hair in a ponytail and ran errands for a few hours. I shampooed when I got home and followed up with a moisturizing conditioner. My hair was so soft with no frizz and was easy to detangle! Please note that Phytonectar is a PROTEIN treatment that you use before you shampoo your hair. Not everyone needs a great deal of protein for their hair. I do, as itís chemically treated and can tend to be dry at times. BUT protein overload can lead to dry hair and breakage. So you must balance protein with moisture. I use Nexxus Humectress Moisturizing Conditioner after I shampoo my hair and it balances the protein treatment and moisture perfectly.

Iím giving Phyonectar a 4 only because of the price (Itís okay because I wash my hair every 5-7 days) AND because of the glass bottle. I would be upset if it broke or slipped out of my hands while Iím using it. For this reason, it does NOT go in my shower and I handle it with caution. But I will purchase again unless I hear about another miracle oil/protein treatment that beats thisÖ

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by bbsparx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

once you find a brand that your hair loves, you really just can't go back.

phyto is mine. the girl who does my hair used this nectar before a single process, and my hair was ridiculously soft and shiny.

for $30 or so at Ulta, i can get equally as shiny and smooth hair. i put it on 30 mins before shampooing, or i sleep in it. my hair is in the best shape it's ever been, regardless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by maureen2

One of my HG products! I flat iron every day in the summer and needed something to repair all the damage. I tried this on the recommendation of a friend. You use this on dirty hair b/c you will need to shampoo afterwards. I section my hair into 4 ponytails and apply Phytonectar to the ends. I coat the ends then work whatever is left on my hands to the top of my head. After leaving in for at least half an hour, sometimes I sleep in it, I rinser then shampoo and condition as usual. I have noticed my hair doesn't seem as damaged and has more shine, less split ends and feels softer after using. A few important things to note: *Do not apply to scalp, *Don't overuse! I use this twice a month and that's all I need. I always shampoo and condition with Phytojoba following this treatment. As an added bonus, Phytonectar smells great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not sure how I feel about this pre-shampoo pil treatment. Honestly? It smells OK - not bad and not awesome. It definitely added oil to my dry, fine hair - and yes, like any oil - it has the potential for buildpup - so cleanse well afterward!

Meanwhile for the high price (I was lucky and got a cheap travel size as part of a kit with other products that I love, like phytonectar shampoo) I would pass - olive oil is about the same effect for me. Sorry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised on the low ratings for this product. I used this twice already and my hair is in great shape. I have thick hair that dries out easily naturally since I don't dye my hair and rarely heat-process it. I left this on for about 2 hrs and then the next time I left it on overnight. When I washed it out, I blow dried my hair and WOW! My hair looked soooo healthy, thick, and shiny. I didn't even need to use any shine or frizz serums afterwards. Phytonectar really worked for me and I'll probably always have it in my cabinet for a deep treatment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a protein treatment. It is not a moisturizing treatment. It works well if you need to "rebuild" your hair (say after too much heat application, or a chemical treatment like coloring, perming, relaxing, flat ironing). With that said, any protein treatment helps to prepare the hair to hold on to a following moisturizing treatment. Alone, this will not moisturize. I have used this for about a year, and the bottle is a little less than halfway through. I only apply to my ends, the oldest peices of my hair. I rarely use it for 15 min - doesnt seem like enough time to penetrate. Sometimes I keep it on overnight and then wash out in the AM. I co-wash, I have never experienced dramatic life changing results, but I havent seen it do nothing either. Actually, thats not true, when I left it on for 15 min, my hair felt just as weak as before. I need to keep it on at least an hour for it to work on my wavier fine hair. The way that I know it works is because it prevents or reduces breakage on fragile ends, without overstrengthening and I can tell when I am washing and styling my hair there are no little broken peices. I probably use this once a month or every other month as a pre-shampoo treatment, or I will use it if I know I am going to be heat-heavy in styling my hair. It has helped me retain length and I dont have to trim off dead damaged ends when I keep them healthy.

I think that the key ingredient is egg protein. Note that the key word in how they market the product is "restructures" , i.e. rebuild, i.e., add strength = protein. That doenst soften, it just repairs. With that said, I have used other repair treatments that work just as well - Nexxus Emergencee for one, or Ouidad's Deep Treatment or even the Phytospecific Vital Force. You can pre-treat any shampoo with anything. If this were on sale, I would buy it, though not sure that I would pay full price for it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by aporcupine

I have course asian hair that is chemically treated --straightened and colored. And this product works very well in making my hair soft and not straw-like. Also, I appreciate the idea of pre-shampoo treatment because I hate having to sit and wait for a hair mask when I'm all wet already. I separate my hair into sections when I apply this product so I'm sure everything is covered. It's not cheap but it works for me, besides salon treatments are surely more expensive than this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this treatment because I just liked idea of pre-shampoo treatments.Other than that,this didn't do a thing for my hair.I haven't noticed any bad effects,either any good as well.I have no idea what this product is all about?It is just worthless and very expensive.Actally,I really don't care about price if some hair product works what it suppose to do,but this one didn't do even little something for my hair so it isn't worth the money You spend on it,acutally isn't worth even a try.
If You wanna pre-shampoo treatment,regular organic Jojoba Oil or Olive Oil can do better job than this one.