October 24, 2014 | 1442 users online

Skincare - Body - Clarins - Huile Tonic - Body Treatment Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not sure it works so good :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product stinks, makes your hands greasy and is expensive- so why give it a perfect rating? I used it during pregnancy and absolutely loved it. I tried cocoa butter, other products and Clarins stretch mark cream, but they all left my skin feeling tight and stretched. I massaged this oil in day and night and it made things so much more comfortable. There is some concern about safety of herbal ingredients, but I learned of it after pregnancy. My baby has absolutely no issues and I'm not sure how significant topical application is. My doctor didn't have concerns, although you may want to ask. Yes, stretch marks are mainly genetic and creams/oils apparently don't help much. But I did feel a major difference in how comfortable my stretched skin was and feel it helped. Not a single stretch mark and I didn't get the typical itchiness, especially at the end. If my doctor still approves and Motherisk clears topical application, I will certainly use this again. It does smell and stick to hands, so I used gloves to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by carmelelf

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Here are the ingredients from the Clarins website:

Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate.

I prefer to replace the cap with a dropper cap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This body oil is waaaaayyy overpriced. It moisturizes well and all, but it smells too herbal for my taste. The packaging looks fancy, but it is not particularly well designed for distributing oil on the skin. This is a very average product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

Got a free sample when my Ma went on a makeup binge. I use a drop of it under my eyes every night and along fine lines. It absorbs well (I add Ponds Clarant on top of it). I mainly like the scent..it is funny that it is rosemary (would not have known, even though I work with essential oils all the time)--because rosemary oil + grapeseed oil is what I put on when I have a headache. So I could probably make this for a fraction of the cost.

Disclaimer: I am not really into department store makeup or products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by emmaqj

I use this when I am going out -- it makes your skin soft and smooth and provides a bit more radiance. It is expensive, but not as expensive as some others on the market. I would note that it is probably quite likely that you could make an oil mix at home that is as effective as this, if not more so, for less money. So I don't know that this is necessary on a daily basis, but I find at home creations never have quite the same level of scent and feel that makes this great for going out. I use oils of various sorts on a daily basis, and am a big believer in their effectiveness. But anyone who uses the various expensive oils should also at least try the at home mixture alternative for times when you are focused only on results, not the scent or feel at that particular moment. Many oils -- argan, jojoba, grape seed, buckthorn, almond, rose hip, pumpkin -- are great for your skin, can be purchased very inexpensively from either natural food stores or various online sites, and you can create any combination you would like. And if scent is very important, one can always buy an essential oil or two to add just for that purpose.

I would note that it is more difficult to add skin actives into oils (as opposed to moisturizers), so adding a moisturizer into your daily routine is important as well in my view (and, if you are feeling really creative, can be made at home as well!).

All that said, I do really enjoy the Clarins tonic for a night out, and would repurchase for that reason alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

Love this stuff. In love with this stuff. Just bought the tonic shower and bath gel as well because I love how amazing my bathroom smells after using this tonic. I feel like I am in a spa every time. Plus it hydrates well and I have found that I no longer get those little annoying bumps on the back of my arm when using this. Not sure how that was achieved but I'm not mad at the outcome. Haven't used it long enough to tell if it helps with cellulite or firming the skin but off the smell alone I am in love. Would def repurchase. Haven't even made a dent in the first bottle and I already want to stock up.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by lschwartz1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this for use during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks. It lasted til about 5 months, and before I repurchased, I emailed Clarins to ask them if I was using it correctly (I was applying it on top of their stretch mark cream).

Clarins responded and told me to STOP using it in pregnancy... and to "consult your physician!"

They didn't say why but I got worried and stopped using it. Email them to check before using in pregnancy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by dh494

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ladies, I just read that rosemary oil which happens to be the first ingredient listed is strongly advised against during pregnancy. Not sure why Clarins, whose products I normally like, would not do their research or label the product appropriately with safety warnings.

In general, essential oils are not recommended during pregnancy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Erikajojo

I love this stuff. I call it liquid gold! It costs a fortune. But I can find it on eBay for a little better price. It makes my skin so, so smooth. I have keratosis pilaris (those bumps on the backs of my arms) and this totally helps. I have recently lost about 65lbs, and I attribute my still-tight skin to this product! The scent is very relaxing. I put it on after a hot shower or bath and I am ready to relax and sleep well. Great product, I'm sold!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No