December 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Advanced Time Complex Capsules

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ibelieveicanfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a complimentary gift with my SDM purchase of 75$ Amazing, already a difference in my frown lines after only using for about two weeks. Smells like canola oil, feels like canola oil, haha, BUT soaks right in within 1 minute and my skin is very happy. Had to go and pick some more up today.
So far, I use this typically at night or on a morning after I have used a retinol product at night. Lasts all day and probably would all night too if I didn't cleanse. If you can get a sample, do it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by amandamg61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for a more affordable serum to replace my Capture Totale Serum which I have been using with great success for many years. I just can't justify the expense any more even though I attribute use of that skincare line, and good genes, to my almost total lack of wrinkles at nearly 54. I certainly can't thank my lifestyle for it!
I got a sample of 7 of these capsules and have used them day and night for the past 4 days.
The fluid feels like it is mostly silicone but it does moisturise my skin and it does sink in quickly thus not interfering with makeup. There is quite enough in 1 capsule for 2 uses and I haven't had any problems storing the open capsule standing up in it's little lidded pot
However it also does cause pimples. I have broken out in a way I haven't done for years.
It isn't anywhere near as good as the Dior. I continue to use the Dior Totale day and night creams and they continue to be wonderful-and expensive. I am reluctantly thinking I will have to make budget cuts somewhere (where?) and go back to my original serum.
If anyone can point me to a serum which is effective, does not aggravate my rosacea or cause breakouts I would really love to know.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE these serum capsules. I'm reviewing the pink ones, which I get cheapest at Costco for 40$ CANADIAN in a multipack of two clear containers with a total of 120 capsules or enough for 4 months used once a day (at night). That works out to 10$ a month for my budget. If I throw caution to the winds and begin applying it twice a day, that still only costs 20$ a month.

My Elizabeth Arden lady warned me the factory quit making them 7 years ago so Costco is selling old stock. Well they don't smell bad, and they work very well so I'm going to use these till Costco quits carrying them then bite the bullet and move up to the Gold ones. But the Gold ones cost 90$ Canadian for a 2 month supply used at one per day which is $45 per month. More than 4X whet I'm getting at Costco, so they have to be at LEAST 4 X better before I switch.

My EA lady gave me a sample of the gold ones which I'll try in a few weeks and I may change my mind but as it stands this is bar none the BEST POSSIBLE way to keep serum ingredients from going bad.

I am comparing this to the Estee Lauder new and improved brown dropper bottle serum and Elizabeth Arden wins hands down.

Both of them help my aging skin. I wake up to reduced redness, soft clear skin, no blemishes and no dry flaky spots. My skin looks younger and better.

BUT the Estee Lauder serum begins to lose it's effectiveness about half way thru the brown dropper bottle contents. Air gets in, the active ingredients break down and you don't get what you pay for. AND it costs a BOAT LOAD of money more. About double.

This Elizabeth Arden stuff is good to the last drop obviously. AND you don't have any preservatives since each "dose" is in it's own capsule.

For an anti aging serum, it's great, but when you factor in the capsule system which keeps it potent and fresh for years, AND you can get it cheap at Costco, this is a hands down winner!

Each capsule has enough for me to do my face, a double helping onto my eye area, my earlobes, neck, decolletage AND the backs of my hands PLUS my cuticles! I'm noticing even my hands and nails are benefitting not to mention the other areas.

This pairs nicely with CeraVe cream in the tube or tub to seal it all in at bedtime after cleansing and applying these capsules. I'm unable to tolerate Olay products anymore or the retinoids so I'm thinking that the niacinimides and retinoids are just too harsh and irritating for my aging skin, but this stuff is DA BOMB!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Very nice product but I found that Rosehip oil and argan did the same thing. I have been using this for a long time and I do love it. It gives your face a nice glow in the morning and leaves it very soft and younger looking.

I just switched to Rosehip and Argan oils along with grapeseed oils and am even happier. This is good stuff though if you can afford the price-tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by simzbaby

This is definitely a product for all skin type! My mom introduced me to it 2 months ago and I'm now in love with it! I have combination oily skin so I'm very careful when it comes to trying products in oil form. But this product has left me over satisfied! Each capsule has the perfect amount for face and décolleté. I apply the oil all over my face, around the eye area, then down the neck. The oil from the capsule absorbs quickly and leaves my skin satiny smooth with less prominent fine lines. I use a mattifying moisturizer on top to control the mid-day oiliness. Love waking up every morning and see a nice glow on my face. Capsule packaging makes product very hygienic and prevent oxidation. Costco sells them at a very reasonable price. Just AMAZING!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by andaa252000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am quite disappointed with this product I might say.I can get a softer and smoother feel on my skin with any ordinary moisturizer.Considering this is a treatment serum, I should feel and see some improvement after 3 weeks of daily use.The technology is amazing, the box is beautiful, but that sticky slicky oil!And then the skin feels like nothing on it, plain.I don't have wrinkles, but definitely I didn't see any improvement whatsoever considering the texture of my skin,the level of mositure, the brightness, nothing.As I have other mosturizing and anti-aging products at home from other brands, I can honestly compare this to them and give it the minimum rating.I can't comment about the effects this products has on other skin types or on older skins.But for me, big no!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by gizmorules

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Drives me nuts when reviews bash a product based on stupidity. Listen up folks - this a moisturizer, not a miracle. Wrinkles don't go away without cosmetic surgery. Fine lines can be improved with retinol, retinoids and stable broad spectrum sunscreen - but this product is none of those. This is simply an excellent moisturizer. My skin loves this formula. YMMV of course, but for me these ingredients are fantastic. I've been using these nightly for the last few weeks and my skin is more moisturized/plump and so much brighter. I used them in the past and loved them but the price kept me away. I found that Costco carries them at a reasonable price so considering how well my skin does with this formula I will keep using these regularly. One capsule is enough for my face and neck, and I rub the excess on the backs of my hands. It feels greasy initially but it surprisingly soaks right in.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by pammy05

I really like this product and one capsule is the equivalent of 2 doses for me.

Can anyone tell me what is the different between these "pink" Advanced Time Complex capsules and the "gold" Youth Code Serum capsules? I can't seem to find descriptions of the pink capsules on EA website, so I'm guessing maybe this is a discontinued/older product and their new version is the gold.

Given that these are individually packed with no preservatives, I'm guessing it's still fine to use even if the product is older?

Hope someone out there knows! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I saw these amazingly packaged single serving ceramide capsules on the elizabetharden.com website and was sold. They looked so awesome and I was about to go on my yearly trip to London for a month visiting family and wanted to come back looking refreshed.

So testure wise: It feels a little greesy putting it on but don't let this fool you, once it gets rubbed in it actually feels quite nice. I was hoping for a lot more from this product than I got. I have lines around my eyes that I want to be gone!! I didn't see a change in my complexion besides a tiny bit of irritation and stinging every time I put it on (which I presumed to be a good thing like it might be working) but unfortunately for the 120 dollars I paid, I didn't see results like I hoped for.

I don't want to bash this because I have some friends that love it and I do love the brand but these weren't for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are perfect..
They have anti-irritants, antioxidants, and the packing protects these ingredients.The oils feel very silky, and one capsule is enough to cover your face.