October 20, 2014 | 911 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Magicils

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2006 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Olis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

DO NOT BUY THIS MASCARA!!! This is the worst mascara I have ever tried and is a total waste of money. Firstly it took several attempts to see anything at all and then all that happened was a little colour (prune) at the roots with still nothing at the tips! I had to wipe the wand over the back of my hand to make sure there was actually some wet mascara on it and it wasn't just all dried up on the brush. By the time I'd finished (luckily I wasn't going anywhere) I had tiny flecks of mascara under my eyes and horrible sticky feeling lashes which looked awfull. I went to the bathroom to immediately take it off - yes it does come off easily - and then threw the mascara in the bin which is where it deserves to be. Save your money and buy something else.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ghost

Crap in a tube. Fun way to take it off, but thats the only thing you would want to do with this... take it off.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2005 8:40:00 PM More reviews by margheritah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ugh. I bought this in purple/violet/whatever and it sucks. The color would be gorgeous, if it came off of the brush!! The formula is like putty! It doesn't come off of the brush onto my lashes. What the hell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2005 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Luv_MAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gave me longer lashes but I had to put on several coats to see volume or thickness. Not much curl. Didn't flake off until real late at night. This mascara is nothing special, but it's not the worst one I've ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2005 5:55:00 PM More reviews by marob

I bought the auburgine shade thinking Lancome was a really good cosmetic line. I have had success with some of their other lines. But what a disappointment this mascara is...the brush is funky..it feels like it is tugging my lashes out like a wire brush. The color is nice but it hardly deposits any color. You have to keep putting it on over and over. Is there some secret to this weird brush? I would appreciate tips as I hate to waste good money on this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2005 2:11:00 PM More reviews by AcidCandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perhaps the only mascara I have ever tried that hasn't smudged on me. That's perfect, but unfortunately it seems to clump and dry out really quickly; sometimes it feels I am putting nothing on my lashes. After long wear, this mascara flakes. Doesn't really do anything for my lashes except colour them. Even though it doesn't smudge and is easy to remove, I will not be buying this mascara again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2005 1:53:00 PM More reviews by mbelle

This product just plain stinks. I bought this in both black and purple. The black seems to work slightly better than the purple. The formula overall is very dry, which in the end, doesn't go onto your lashes! It barely coats my lashes, and ends up looking as if I put nothing on. The 2 positives is that it holds my curl (after I use a lash curler), but maybe this is because little to none mascara actually goes onto my lashes. Also, it washes off quite nicely. It looks as if they are small tubes that slide off your lashes. The purple was a total waste of money...didn't color my lashes at all! I have black lashes, and my Clinique purple mascara does a great job at coloring my lashes. Lancome has failed with this line. Don't waste your money!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2005 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't been to a dept. store makeup counter in some time and found this mascara quite by accident. I like it but I think the company needs to improve a few things. The reasons I like it are because: It washes off effortlessly. I splashed some water on my face at night and it was off. Also, it does not smudge. I have been looking for a mascara that is smudge-free for years and years and have found a few, but the benefits are outweighed by the fact that they don't come off easily. This mascara comes off effortlessly and does not leave under-eye smudges. The drawbacks - the tube was not filled to a capacity that would justify the price. I have only used it several times and already sense that the tube is running low. Lancome is woefully deficient in the amount put inside these tubes and the price is exhorbitant considering that fact.
The other drawback is the fact that the mascara itself is not overly lustrous or shiny; however, I am actually willing to accept that fact because so often those shiny, "perfect" lashes are the ones that smudge because of all the emollients or oils in the mascara itself.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2004 10:31:00 PM More reviews by JRobinson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in black last year and I loved it. I went out to a club and ended up in a friend's hotel room with no makeup remover. It came off easily and without racoon eyes. However, I purchased it in Turquoise last week and it was terrible!! Clumpy, thick and dry. I will buy it in black again but never ever in another color. When you pay 21.00 for mascara it should be perfect and NO less.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2004 7:17:00 PM More reviews by wantrista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the color "turquoise" at Lancome's counter in Nordstorm. This is definately not worth the price. The color is great that's it! It's hard to apply, clumpy and it does dry up in the tube, so I could use it for not more than 12 times then all tried up. I used to have Tony and Tina's herbal mascara and it was a million better than Lancome.