October 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by alyssafleming13

I don't normally write reviews but this product helped my hair so much that I had to share how much I liked it. I was looking for a product that would eliminate frizz and get rid of the puffy look, as well as provide shine-this product did exactly that. I have do decided to stop using heat so I needed a product that would work well on its own. I completely fried my hair about four months ago by stripping it twice and dying it all in the same night. I have since, dyed it some more, causing more breakage. In the process of trying to save it, I overdosed my hair on protein so it broke off even more. Up until now, nothing has worked to eliminate frizz. I am so happy that I can just put this on my damp hair and air dry and it doesn't look like my hair is completely fried. It also makes it incredibly manageable and shiny which is a plus. I purchased it on sale for $17 CAD at Glamour Secrets which is a little pricey, but in my opinion, so worth it. If your hair is anything like I described, I highly recommend and will definitely be repurchasing when I am done this bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by kikibeesquirrel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, looooove this! It does everything it says. When I'm on my 'off day' for shampooing, and I'm frizzy, I put this right in my hair and it works wonders. Makes my hair so shiny and healthy looking. A little also goes a long way. Worth the money. Also, the smell makes me feel like I just walked out of the salon...and who doesn't love that!? I probably wouldn't recommend this to gals that get greasy easily. I typically use in dry hair after I've straightened it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I love it! Five stars. I have to straighten it, but my hair looks like something out of a commercial. Shiny, smooth, and frizz free, and I'm not talking about any shine, I'm talking gorgeous Sandra Bullock shine. I also love the pump, lets me dispense the right amount. Best styling cream I've ever used!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have curly, frizzy hair and I live in a humid country. I tried almost everything without much success. Finally, I decided to try this styling product, after having used Curvaceous (also from Redken) styling cream/serum.

Even if Curvaceous is supposed to be for curly hair, I find this polishing cream much more effective against frizziness. I use it with a Pureology cuticle cream and together they work wonders against frizz. Definitely recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I've been trying out a lot of high end serums and leave in conditioners since I started working at a hair supply store several months ago. I got this because of all the good reviews here on mua, but I was very disappointed by this in comparison to the other products I've tried.

I have very long straight hair with a lot of flyaways and while I have a very good moisturizing shampoo/conditioner, it doesn't do much for the frizzies. Serums have been great at making my hair straighter and sleeker and I've tried many that work very well. This products does not. My hair is static, I have just as many flyaways, my hair feels DRY like I covered it with a blast of dry shampoo.

My product was fresh and thankfully only the travel size from a redken giftset.

It's a 10, Agadir, matrix biolage exquisite oil, even paul mitchell's super skinny serum are far better for your hair.

If you really hate silicones and don't want to try the above for that reason, try the marakesh leave in treatment. But this "polishing milk" does not polish or soften the hair at all for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sassyBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product works pretty well ! makes my hair shiny and soft! I only gave it a 4 because some of the flyaways I have it cannot fully tame -_-

UPDATE: I love this product wayyy more now!! It works great, I found that you only need to use a very small amount to get ultimate results! This along with the pureology cuticle polisher are the only 2 finishing products for shine and anti frizz that do not weigh my hair down! My hair becomes weighed down very easily, and this redken outshine does not do that! I have been using this for a month now, and I do not notice any strange build-up, and my hair always looks better on days I use this. I will continue purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by tes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been through probably a hundred different leave-in products for condition and shine and I've never been 100% satisfied. A couple of months ago I went to a new hairdresser and she used the Outshine Polishing Milk on my damp hair before drying and styling. I was so impressed that I bought a bottle there at the salon (a first for me) and it is one of the best leave-in treatments/styling products I've ever used. My hair can get pretty frizzy but it is also very fine so I struggle to find something that doesn't weigh my hair down and make it dull or greasy or limp. This stuff is phenomenal. It makes my hair super soft and smooth but feels totally light and my hair has so much movement. It's pretty expensive (the bottle was just over $20) but you only have to use a tiny little amount so I expect this bottle to last me a year or 2. Also, I accidentally left it at my sister's house for a couple of weeks and she mentioned that she's been using it and totally loves it too! She also has very fine hair that tends to frizz up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I washed my hair this morning and didnt have enough time to style it so i just through on a hat over my damp hair and ran off to work. I'd planned to keep the hat on all day whilst at work but I couldnt take the itching and heat anymore, the hat just had to go! I couldnt bare to reveal my hat hair either so I datched into a nearby salon and bought this product to help control my mess of hair. Since my hair was already dry this worked suprisingly well to shape and defrizz my hair, with the help of a brush of course and all the fly aways and bends were gone.
I give it points for not having any waxy residue or any feeling of gunk either. It dissolves and spreads nicely, makes hair more managable and gives a bit of softness and shine too. hair still falls naturally and has lots of movement.
It's brilliant because you can use it on damp or dry hair.
Its a good product but Im actually not crazy about it, so at this point im not sure if I will purchase it again, though I will definetly keep it in my handbag for these winter months when the scarves and hats tend to fluff up my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by robotloove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Didn't do much for me except make my hair feel greasy/matted. I'm hoping that I just got a bad batch because I have had a lot of luck with other redken products. I still pull it out every now and again to give it another shot, but.. meh. There are better quality frizz products out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by ispiratabyblue

This is a really great product if you have frizzy, hard to control, and dull hair. My hair isn't thick and curly, it's actually straight and fine but I have lots of it and it's pretty long.

You need SOOO little of this product, trust me! I apply this when my hair is wet, not damp or dry, and it works wonderfully. I don't like it for flyaways but it definitely gives my hair some extra shine and smoothness. I use this everytime I wash my hair (every 3-4 days). Be aware that this CAN make your hair greasy. A little goes a very long way, so definitely bear that in mind.

I have the 1 fl oz tube and I like the packaging. It also smells great (a lot better than the All Soft conditioner and shampoo) like a salon.

It's a little unnecessary for me but who knows I might repurchase the 1 fl oz, just to have handy :)