September 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Loose Powders - Shiseido - The Makeup Translucent Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a half size GWP of this lovely loose powder, packaged with the cutest little plush puff with a satin ribbon. The puff perfectly fits the top of the jar/sifter, keeping too much powder from coming out and also getting all over the place.

I only gave this 4 lippies because even the most perfect loose powder is a bit messy to use; otherwise, this deserves a "perfect 5" because it gives the most flawless finish to any makeup or even applied over moisturized bare skin. It doesn't look dry and, if anything, imparts a luminosity and makes foundation or BB/CC creams look better and last longer. If I ever finish the plethora of other loose powders I have in my collection, I would gladly purchase a full size of this beautiful powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This is the most beautiful loose powder I've ever used, and I've used a lot. It's even better than my previous favorite, La Mer. It is EXTREMELY (and I cannot stress this enough) finely milled. It is so soft and fine. When you apply this with a soft face brush (I use a Sonia Kashuk face powder brush), it just melts into skin leaving a softly matte finish that looks supremely natural and luminous. Radiant even. Sets makeup flawlessly. I use this all over my face, then follow with an oil-absorbing pressed powder on my nose and forehead for my oily t-zone. This loose powder glides over fine lines and blurs them (doesn't accentuate them like most face powders). Lovely, lovely powder! Love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I use it everyday and even more so when I am doing a full contour of my face. I am a olive skin tone and I still find this powder is a perfect match. It sets my makeup perfectly and smooths lines. It is pricy however it lasts me 6 months with using it everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Nolita78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sighs... This product only comes in one colour. And for those with a warm and/or darker skintone, be very light-handed during the application and subsequent touch-ups with this product, as you could end up being quite pasty and dull. Also, this product has no oil control whatsoever! Kind of beat the whole purpose of setting powders, me thinks. And WORST of all, up close it actually made my pores seemed LARGER than before *shudders*. I am giving this product two lippies cause it didn't break me out...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by xjayle

Even though I gave it a bad rating. I still use it everyday since I have nothing else, lol. Thank God I only have a sample because it would've been a total waste of my money. I have a dry skin. But I do get oily sometimes. That's why I usually need to set my makeup with a powder. I don't think loose powders are for me. I feel like they're too much of a hassle and sometimes make a mess. It doesn't really help control my oilyness. It kinda just goes over it. Not what I expected..

I wouldn't recommend this product..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by maemae13

I like like this loose powder! I use it on top of my Stila tinted moisturizer and the finish is flawless! It looks natural without over drying my skin. What I really like about this is it really makes the pores on my cheek smaller and makes my TM last longer. I was using a powder brush when applying it at first but when I tried using its sponge, I noticed the finish is even better, well for me :)
I gave only 4 lippies because it's really expensive here in Singapore! It's $72 for a loose powder!! But it last long though, I've been using it for 4 months now and I still have more than half.. worth for the price. I still would like to repurchase if I can't find a better quality and better price.

UPDATE: I stopped using this. It was so pricey and realized that there are better products with reasonable price. I converted to Alima Pure instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this since I needed a setting powder and this seemed to be a good candidate. I felt like it makes my face look flat and took the effect away from my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder sets my foundation beautifully. Does not change the color of my blush or foundation. It does not dry out my cheeks and keeps the shine off my T-zone as I have combination skin. I also use it on days I don't use foundation to take the shine off my face.

I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by gledysinaga

i bought this yesterday and i think this is quite good for daily use. i like how the translucent effect really blending with my face without makin it looks like wearing a mask. so its really perfect to use to go to campus, office, etc. it last long too. and the packaging is good, it wont spoil ur bag in any way u carry it. but too pricey, btw. overall, i wud like to purchase again soon :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I brought the limited edition "Septarian" illuminating translucent shade. I thought I was buying the standard translucent, so I was surprised to see it made my skin glow! The shimmer is ultra fine and the powder feels very silky and moisturising on. Disappears into skin and doesn't go cakey or collect into lines. I think it would be great to perk up dry dull skin, or want that ultra shimmery look. Since I have oily skin I have all the glow I already need, so I didn't end up using it. We can't do returns in our country, and it was pretty expensive, I think $80 0r $90, so sadly I won't be buying replacing it with the Translucent one I actually wanted.