New York Color Grow 10 nails

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/7/2008 12:40:00 AM

After a disastrous encounter with the Sally Hansen Mega Shine topcoat (that resulted in my polish peeling off!) I swore off top-coats, deciding that they were useless and actually made my manicures worse.
However after reading all the rave reviews about the NYC Extra Shiny Topcoat I couldn't help myself and decided to give it a go - only to find it missing in every Canadian store I checked - so Grow 10 Nails became my replacement.
To be fair, I don't think this polish strengthens or improves nail growth anymore than painting a thin layer of plastic protects anything. That being said, this topcoat gives UNBELIEVABLE shine - the kind that I thought was possible only with a salon manicure!! It definitely prolongs the life of manicure, so that with daily touch-ups I can make my other NYC polish last a week or more!
My only MINOR gripe is that I'm becoming so addicted to the shine of this product I find myself using tons of it! But that's actually a good thing, since it'll be nice to actually finish a bottle of nail-product for once!
This secret little gem is definitely worth more than the $1.50CA it costs - so go ahead and give it a go!

on 11/19/2004 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This has been a staple for me since high school. If ever I try something else, I ALWAYS come back to this. Great base & top coat, chip resistant, fast drying, and super shiny. It really works too, my nails are stronger from using this, and they suffer whenever I use anything else.

on 6/23/2004 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

A great top/base coat. Did strengthen my nails after wearing it like it said to on the bottle. I'd buy again and again--it was only a dollar!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like it. i used it for a week and saw a big difference in my nails.

on 4/21/2003 9:55:00 PM

This is a base coat/top coat kind of polish that is supposed to allow you to grow your nails longer. It's actually very good. It has great staying power (over a week without chipping) and it is super shiny. It doesn't make your nails as strong as Witchcraft's nail hardener but is comparable to Sally Hansen products for a fraction of the price ($0.99)! And it dries really quickly too.

Popular Top/Base Coats