July 30, 2014 | 2066 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Texture

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by DL78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! I have found the perfect eyeshadow shade for my NW20 complexion, dark hair and light green eyes! This shade really makes my eyes pop and can be worn in either daytime or nighttime. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by elencole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my top 10 eye shadows, a dream to apply, brightens the whole face! Amazing as a wash when you're in a rush, or in summer, when you want less make up on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by msspark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

MAC Texture is a dream. PLEASE try this combination it is absoilutely one of the most beautiful looks for everyday work/walks or a date!
1. MAC Groundwork Paintpot then MAC Naked Lunch wash on 2/3 of the eyelid, leave the outer third for the next step,
2. Apply MAC Orange (alt you can use MAC Red Brick if you don't have MAC Orange) with a fluffy blending brush to the outer third of thew eyelid - do not fear!!!! It won't be orange in the end! Then apply Orange across about a 1/3 of the lower lid using a pencil brush for best results. DO NOT BLEND out just apply, you want the intensity of Orange to be there.
3. Take the same brushes you used for Orange and apply MAC Texture on top of everything you applied with orange already.
4. Use your favourite highlight on the brow bone. I like Vex or Nylon but maybe Brule or Ricepaper would be less shiny if that's how you like it more.
5. Feline MAC Eye Kohl inside the top waterline (you can use black liner if you like on top of the lid but no need IMO), Fascinating MAC Eye Kohl on the lower waterline, mascara and that's it!!!! A-may-zing!!! Guaranteed that everyone will complement the face and the makeup!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

I normally stay away from brown like eye shadows because Im very fair with cooler undertones, so I have to be careful but browns that have a golden or peachy undertone work well I discovered. I purchased Texture and I have to say I love it. I use it with Bamboo, Soba, Cork and Ricepaper as the brow bone highlighter. It's a beautiful shadow for the summer when I have a tan. The color is a very pretty peachy/amber brown that can be used with many other neutrals/browns and if this shade works on my super fair European skin it will surely work for many if not all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Texture and would give it 10 lippies if I could. I am NC15 in the winter and NC20 in the summer... I thought that this would be too orangey for my taste but I was sooooo wrong. It is a Velvet which means that it applies matte but it has a teeny tiny bit of sparkle (not shimmer) -- which helps it blend sooooo easily. I like to use Texture to buff out the lower lash line, to warm up the crease/transition, applied to the lid for a casual warm daytime look, and many many others. This eyeshadow is so versatile and it has the most amazing texture. Out of the 80 or so MAC eyeshadows I have this would be in my Top 10 most loved for sure! I recommend this to everyone... from the fairest of the fair like myself to the deepest ebony. It is a *MUST HAVE*!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by SimgeK

It's my favourite eye shadow. I use it with white and nude coloured eye shadows and put it on my crease. Just gets the right light cat eye I want. Most of the time, I don't even use a darker colour than this because the more you apply it the darker it gets and becomes more like a night makeup than an everyday makeup. So, I totally love it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really, really loving this e/s lately. I wasn't planning on buying it, went in just to get some Retrospeck, but the MAC girl convinced me to try some of this on, and after seeing it on me I just couldn't leave without it! I'm an NC30-40 depending on the season, right now I'm around an NC30 and am really loving the way Texture goes with my skin. I'm huge on the bronzey-sunkissed eyeshadow looks, so Texture has really won me over. It looks very reddish/orange in the pan, but actually applies like a very rich, warm, medium, almost saddle-type brown. Right now I'm using this in my crease, sculpting all around my eye in a sort of C shape, from the inner crease right around to the lower lashline, with woodwinked on the lid. Another thing I absolutely love is the finish. It's got very tiny flecks of shimmer, they're so subtle it looks almost matte, but the little shimmer particles help prevent it from looking too flat/dry. Texture is a must have for me this Spring/Summer, since it's such a gorgeous, natural, sunny brown colour, but I will definitely find a way to make it work into the Fall. So glad I discovered this! It's a staple in my books now!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that I don't wear eye shadow alot, but when I do, I love to sport a more natural look. Texture is the perfect shade for that natural look. I usually just put it in my crease to add some depth to my eye. If I'm going out for the evening, I'll put it on my lid and crease with a bold eyeliner. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Texture is a warm peach brown of medium darkness. Great color payoff and lasting power. No fall out, do tap off the excess though as with all shadows. Blends easily.

I mostly run to Texture to use as a crease color, but I do imagine it would look lovely as a lid or all over wash of color. It's also close to my skin tone so I use it to neat up an extended outer V.

It's a very warm and sunsetty kindda color...beautiful. The peach tones would bring out blue eyes real nice.

I use this as a crease color with Brun (or any dark brown shade) as a lid color. You can also pair it with purple shadows, they'd go good together. Experiment with it, it's very versatile!

Now I did say I'd buy it again, only because it's a great shadow that does plenty more than it should, however, I did knock one lippie off because it's a shade you can possibly find in other lines and products and can be substituted with a bronzer. I own a Bourjois bronzer (check my review on it, it's the one that comes in a book-like package) and found it to be almost identical to texture. Shame I didn't notice that, this bronzer has been lying around doing nothing since it looked too orangey on me. Well, knowledge comes at a cost :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite eyeshadow in my entire collection (and I have the naked eye palette, so that's saying something!) It's really hard with my very pale skin to find a neutral eye shadow that would look good going to class or a night out, but this fits the bill. I would describe the color as a coppery soft, light brownish tan with very slight red undertones. This color looks amazing with my blue eyes and almost matches my coppery strawberry blond hair! Staying power/creasing isn't a problem for me, since I use Mac Paint Pot in Painterly underneath.

When I first started using this eyeshadow, I thought it would only be suited for a crease/outer vee color (I thought it might look too intense over the whole lid). It does look fantastic as a crease color- I love to use this in the crease, Mac's Mulch in the outer vee, and something like Urban Decay's naked on the actual lid.

However, I will let you in on a little secret involving application and how I get this product to look best on me. What I do is use Mac's 217 brush and lightly dab some all over the lid- not too much, the 217 is very good at applying a light layer of it. If you don't have the 217, use some sort of eyeshadow fluffy brush or blending brush. Now, take a small pointed crease brush (I use the one in the pair from CVS) and swipe it directly in the crease (I start from around 2/3 in, I don't go all the way in because my eyes are very close to my nose already). Now, take a blending brush, like Sonia Kashuk's tapered one, and lightly blend the color with a skin-tone color, (I use naked from the palette) moving it slightly upward every now and then. If you want to keep deepening the color in the crease, reapply texture with the pointed crease brush and continue blending lightly. This is the eyeshadow that made me realize that I can use one eyeshadow for the lid AND crease by simply going from a fluffy brush to a pointed, more narrow brush!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No