December 22, 2014 | 1702 users online

Skincare - Face - MD Formulations - Clearing complex

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Here another review for the VitA Clearing Complex.

This is almost a miracle worker in my opinion.
It is a very effective product for acne prone and oily skintypes. It clears blemishes overnight, improves the overall skintone, takes care of dark spots caused by breakouts, reduces oilyness and makes pores less visible. I use it as a night treatment and my skin really lookes much better the following.There are not that many products I have had the same results with, if any. The packaging is great as well, especially the hygienic and handy pump.

I have nothing bad to say about this product. The only problem I have with it is the fact that it is so ridiciculously expensive that I can hardly afford it. That is the only reason why I have to take one lippie off

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by addikted

For someone who only occasionally breaks out (chin area usually), this has worked wonders overnight.

Yes, it is potent. Here's what I find helps get the best from this:

1. Wash face as usual. But then WAIT.
Do NOT apply moisturizers, toners or anything after washing face at night. Wait until you're almost ready for bed. Then apply it. The time between I think acts as enough to allow your skin to produce a little bit of protecting oil/not completely stripped of moisture, if that makes sense.

2. Pump small amount only, the pump will dispense too much at once. Only need little drops of this stuff.

3. It spreads quickly then dries quickly. So move fast.

Unless you are really prone to flaky skin, just go to bed with nothing else on skin where you have used this.

In the morning your skin will be tightened, clearer, less red, pimples or breakouts very much subsided.

I use this and very rarely if ever get a pimple that flares up. I just use this at first sign.

For DAYTIME, use a moisturizer like Biotherm Aquasource or something 'light' but moisturizing once gel has dried.

I can't comment on 'continuous use' as I only use as needed.

Remember a little goes a very long way. It's expensive but my tube has lasted years, stored in cool dry spot and hasn't changed at all. At this rate I won't run out anytime soon.

Too expensive, pump dispenses too much (but good that's in in pump pack, no fingers in jars etc), but does work quickly. Unsure if I would buy again due to price vs how often, or unoften these days, that I use it. I would buy again if I had pimples often, but I don't. I would be more likely to buy the MD Formulations Vit-A Plus, which tends to do much of the same but has the more useful general skin retexturising qualities and shrinks pores etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Marykai

Containing: Retinol Vitamin A and salicylic acid and BHA and AHA
This product works so well as a dab on spot treatment! When you see one about to break to surface, pump a tiny amount (dodge pump mechanism, if you're not careful and you press too hard, you waste product) and it totally dries out of blemish almost instantly. You feel this tingling and immediately it begins to dry up and flatten. As an overall retexturizer, apply a thin layer all over- and here's the crucial bit- MOISTURISE! Otherwise you will peel in chunks like a Celt who's just returned from a vacation to Barbados. You really do see improvements, but you gotta bear it through the first (and in some cases two) week. Skin is so much smoother, break outs become less frequent, and pores are visibly smaller. I've been using this in conjunction with Priori Barrier repair complex, which is also excellent. totally buying this again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kaylo19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the liquid vitamin A clearing complex that comes in a 1oz (30ml) heavy duty pump plastic bottle. This stuff is potent, really really strong on me. When I first bought this (I have been through 4 bottles since) I lathered it on my face and awaited the magical disappearance of all my little facial flaws, yah...that didn't so much happen...it was more like I burnt my face and my face peeled for a week straight (which was not what I wanted). So, be careful with this stuff if you have never used it or if your face is sensitive. That all being said as a spot clearing up product it works like a charm and if I dab a little onto a pimple which is just starting to show it really helps clear it up right away and by the next day or two the pimple is healed and my face is clear. I still get some peeling if I over due it and slather the product on. Overall, I will always have this product on hand to use as a fix for a bad flare-up, but I usually do not use it more than once a week maximum.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by shiz197

This product improves the skin texture, smoothens, softens and gives a pretty glow to skin. However, you will need to apply a generous amount to start seeing good results. I remember how I only applied a very thin layer the first month of using it because I didn't want it to run out quickly and see no obvious improvement at all. Then I started applying more all over the face in generous amounts and I started seeing noticable imprvement to my skin texture in only 2 days. The only downside is that I may use the whole thing up in about 4 weeks time. Or less.

I hate the fussy packaging. The pump only gives you a tiny bit at a time and can get extremely messy sometimes when you're not careful with the pumping leading to waste.

Oh, it also burns the skin during application. I don't exactly turn red when that happens, I just cringe a lot as if somebody poured acid to my face. The feeling goes away after a couple of minutes but the ouch factor is there.

Unfortunately, I find it very expensive for so little. It may help with temporary breakouts but in the long-term, it doesn't do anything at all for acne-prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by patsgirl321

whats in this stuff? air and water? Did NOTHING for me at all, like the Whole MD Formulations Anti-Blemish kit. All hype, no real ingrediants that work.... I WISH i could return this. Waste of Money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2007 1:24:00 PM More reviews by azianprideangel

I had high hopes for this product due to the high ratings here. However, it barely does anything for my skin. Granted, I do not break out from it, but it doesn't really help with anything either. I have been using this religiously for over 3 months, and it really has not helped at all. I really wanted it to work, but I guess it's just not meant to be. I have combination skin and gets little white heads and bumps on my face. This does nothing to clear that. For the amount this thing costs, I'm better off finding another product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 4:23:00 AM More reviews by villen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

have used this for about a month now, a step up from 2% BHA. excellent for eliminating blackheads and clogged pores. not too drying - i find i can use this without following with moisturizer, but i do have QUITE oily skin. no bad reactions or breakouts. expensive but works great, this is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Hilarie86

This is great to have when I get my monthly breakout. It's super expensive, so I'm not sure if I'll repurchase. Hardly ever use it so I guess it'll last for a loong time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by snowymtn

Love this, I still have occasional breakouts despite nightly Tazorac, and use this 2-3 times per week, it has done an amazing job at clearing me up. I can actually go without makeup sometimes, which is a first for me. It's a bit harsh, 5% bha and 5% lactic, so you need to be careful with it. I've also used the body clearing spray on my face and it works equally well but is quite drying.