Sally Hansen French Manicure Kit

2.9

Im not the greatest at doing my own nails but the nail guide stickers really helped. I used the Sheerly Opal(3414) shade and had no issues with the white tip polish or the sheer nail polish even after applyig 2 coats of the sheer polish. Defi ately recommending this product to family and friends.

on 12/9/2013 10:31:00 AM

Don't hate this but I also don't love it. I feel like the white nail polish just doesn't go on nicely; at least for me. It looked really thick and just not pretty. I do however love the sticker strips that come with this.

on 2/22/2013 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really can't make up my mind about this manicure set.
The first time I tried it - was a disaster! the second time around I managed to get my nails looking so perfect everyone thought they where fake nails/salon manicure.
The third & every subsequent time after that,is has been a complete disaster again. I'm good at doing nails but this product must have been made to drive perfectionists insane because no matter how careful you are,how long you leave it to dry,and whether you apply white tips before or after the pink color,it still comes out streaky. The texture is like water so it's really hard to get it to set nicely. Shame because I purchased the sheer romance kit and I loved the colour but I wont be buying it again.

I think this product is great! I have the Hard as Nails French Manicure kit with nearly nude color coat. I play guitar but i wanted to make my short nails pretty for work. It is my first time doing a french manicure, and i love the guides. The color is smooth with no streaks, and it was only ten dollars for the kit. If it's your first time doing this and you want a manicure that lasts, do it!!

on 10/6/2012 11:54:00 PM

The kit that I got was "Sheer Romance", it comes with three bottles of polish and sheets of French tip guides for $5.99. The colors are a bottle of white polish, a bottle called "sheer French color" which is a pinkish-beige color, and an UV top coat. The guide strips were okay, the white polish is really thick so when the guide strips are peeled off, there's a defined line that doesn't look very professional. The sheer french color was a huge disappointment, it was not sheer at all, it was very streaky and very opaque. After I put it on, it doesn't even look like a French manicure anymore. I put the bottle in the fridge to try again the next day and it didn't help much. The only thing I actually liked about this kit is the UV Top coat. I wouldn't purchase this again as it is a waste of money in my opinion.

I absolutely LOVE this product! I can't say I've experienced the 'streaks' others have had, perhaps the shade has a lot to do with it?

I bought the 'Sheerly Opal' variety and have had nothing but perfection. Even without the UV topcoat (I was in a hurry) the polish lasted for days, through a wedding and two parties! Most impressive.

Ladies, if you work with your hands, this is the kit for you!

on 10/12/2011 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Like many reviewers I had issues with streakiness. What I figured out what that you have to give the white tips time to dry COMPLETELY. Not to the level of the first coat of nail polish you do before going over it, but a full 5-10 minutes of waiting. Once I figured out it wasn't drying long enough I had no trouble at all getting great results. I was even able to do the tips freehand (no tape) without a problem due to the narrow brush they include with the white. Basically like with any French manicure in a salon you put down the white first. I really like this kit. Everyone keeps complimenting me on my manicure and assumes I went to a nail salon.

on 9/10/2011 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I purchased the Sheer Shimmer set, and I have never seen such a streaky base nail color. I tried to even out the color by applying a second coat and it came out opaque and not sheer....The polish seemed thick out of the bottle and I found it difficult to apply to my nails...The only good thing about this set, if you can get it to work, is the per cost for each bottle and the strips works out to be a bargain. It really deserves 2 1/2 points and I will not buy again.

on 8/21/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have a cracked and bandaged thumbnail, so I decided to have a neutral French Mani until my nail heals. I bought Sally Hansen's "Salon-Perfect" French Manicure kit in Sheer Romance (2288) and I am not impressed- actually tempted to remove the polish all together. The kit comes with "mistake-proof" self-adhesive guides (for manicures and pedicures), a natural white polish with precision tip, and a natural sheer blush shade. The guides are curved to follow the natural line of your nail and I was optimistic while applying the guides. I found that applying the white polish was difficult since the 'precision tip' is needle point thin (as shown in my photo above). Despite waiting for the white polish to thoroughly dry and carefully removing the guides, I wasn't left with a crisp line. The soft blush colour is nice, but I found that even when applied with a light hand, the colour application was streaky and bled into the white. From a substantial distance, the end result is pretty, however when looking at your nails up close you can see the flaw in both application and product.
Time to remove this polish!

on 6/30/2011 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product takes practice as far as the french tip part of the application but the sheer coat came out so streaky. I will not buy this again. After I apply the french tip, I put on the Sally Hansen Gel + Nylon wrap over it, then the UV top coat. It works well enough.

Top Rated Nail Tools