New York Color Thickening Mascara in Brown/Black

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/16/2008 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

a waste of money! it does NOT thicken and does nothing what so ever to my lashes! a waste of 3.99 take my advice on this one.. dont buy this mascara

on 5/30/2004 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this mascara well, to put it nicely sucks. all it does is make you eyelashes clumpy.it gets really cakey in the tube.

on 11/16/2003 9:19:00 PM

Sucks! Just found out off of Peta's website that MYC tests on animals so no more contributing to that BS. Still trying to find out if Wet N Wild does, but more likely. These cosmetics lines maybe inexpensive, but is it really worth the health and life of innocent animals? HARDLY!

on 9/1/2003 9:19:00 PM

No major thickening but I did like the results regardless. Nicely defined and not spikey or clumpy lashes. Also no smears or flakes. Well worth the price of $2.49 (wow -- beats my usual Chanel Instant lash cost of $22.00!!!)

i think this mascara is great. it is the best drugstore brand mascara that i have used in years. No, maybe it doesn't give you super thick dramatic lashes but it is practically perfect for what i'm looking for. it is natural, never smudges, clumps or flakes on me. I got it for 1.70$! I will definitely buy it again. It is always a standby when i'm trying out other mascaras. I just make sure to wipe off the wand a little before applying it.

on 11/4/2002 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

well, i have no idea what some of the other reviews are thinking, because i loved this!!!

it was:
1. really smooth
2. never clumped
3. natural looking
4. gave my lashes total "ooomph"
5. didn't smudge! all day!
6. no racoon eyes
7. held a curl really well once i curled it.
8. didn't dry out my lashes.
9. less than $2!

what more do u want? this is way better than ANY l'oreal or maybelline mascara. it really nourished my lashes-- (unlike the maybeline formula, which flakes off) --- this was perfect! and only $2! worth way more. don't pass this up. i tossed all my other mascaras in the garbage!

on 6/17/2002 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Definitely does not thicken... this mascara at best stained my lashes a darker black, but that's the best I can say. It's ok if you just want to add some color, but it does nothing for the body of my lashes.

on 1/15/2002 11:28:00 AM

I bought this one night out when I forgot to apply mascara. It clumps and doesn't last AT ALL. Splurge the extra 3 or 4 bucks and buy some good mascara.

on 10/20/2001 5:04:00 PM

This was not good at all. Wand does not hol well, formula is thin, runny and does not do a thing but stain my lashes.

on 7/7/2001 11:13:00 AM

This is definitely something to try, a great mascara for $1.99! Similar texture and staying power as more expensive brands, thickens lashes as well as (if not better than) my CK, Lancome and MAC.