October 22, 2014 | 1771 users online

Polishes - Almay - Almay Organic Fluoride Plus Grow Healthy Nail Color (all shades)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2004 7:25:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in *Clear." What a let down. Really bad stuff. It peeled off my nails! For $4????!!! Terrible formula. Not good for a base coat, top coat, whatever.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2003 7:11:00 AM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous review. This product does NOT dry fast at all and you could waste your whole day doing a manicure, or else end up with smudged nails even after 30 minutes of drying--how disappointing. After trying this numerous times, I switched to Jet Set by L'Oreal--much better!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2003 1:34:00 PM More reviews by shamrocked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

(I have this in "Healthy Bronze" which is a beautiful 'not too dark not too light not too yellowy' light bronze / medium gold shade... "Radiant Rose" which is a medium cool-rose with a flash of mauve... "Fresh Lavender" which is a very very light almost white-pearl with just the hint of lavender... )

Why I bought 3 on first try is still beyond me. I guess they're good and I'm not too disappointed - but they're not "for me". See, I don't want to wait an hour between coats. If you use a base coat - make sure it's totally totally dry. Then put on first coat. Wait an hour - you best be sure this is dry. Then your 2nd coat. Again this best be dry. If you use a top coat, well you've pretty much used up your whole day there.

Don't hear me wrong, the shades (and shade selection) are pretty and all... but if you don't MAKE SURE this stuff is completely dry your nails will end up with more bubbles than a shaken can of pepsi. I just don't have that patience to sit in between coats like that. I mean I don't "RUSH" (well not always) but I don't like spending 20 of 24 hours on my nails.

Aside from that, although they claim it supposedly lasts 7 days well unless you do the full "Base Coat, Top Coat" thing, it just wont. And I think the fluoride bit is a scam. It sounds good, but i didn't notice *any* (any at all!) difference to my nails....

All in all it's pretty "Okay" but with some pretty big drawbacks IMHO. I wouldn't buy it again, but it wasn't horrendous so I'd not "say not to buy it". But I think there are better nail polishes out there, spend your money on 'those'. continued >>