December 20, 2014 | 1554 users online

Liquid - Calvin Klein - Sheer Coverage Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by kezz17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

crap! one of the worst foundations ive used. its very SHEER- so watery you cant tell you have foundation on, and my skin tone looks exaclty as it did without it. dont like the texture or the smell. would definitely not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2003 12:45:00 AM More reviews by barberree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is, by far, the *worst* higher-end foundation i've tried.

perhaps i should have heeded the word "sheer" a little more readily; because this product is, indeed, sheer. it's almost as thin as water, and covers about as well. it does nothing to even out my skin tone (which is already pretty darn even, so it's not a difficult feat), and feels greasy. yuck! yes, the product is oil-free, but something in it just doesn't do well, chemically, with my skin. i'm oily, btw; perhaps a drier skin would be a better match for this product.
this might also be a great light foundation for a young teen (i'm 34).

i bought Beige 03, which is a perfect match with my winter skin; i'll give it that much.

in addition to being oil-free, the product has an SPF of 20.

interesting ingredients include aloe, acacia, arnica, betula alba bark, calendula, camellia, chamomile, and soy aminos.

don't _not_ try this, but _definitely_ get a sample packet before you splurge on an entire bottle. unfortunately, this was an impulse buy for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2003 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Kurt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very sheer foundation, as the name suggests. And its meant for dry and sensitive skin. I fit into that category, the funny thing is it somehow looks really thick on me, people kept telling me my makeup looked cakey little did they know, I was using a sheer coverage foundation, and I've only applied one thin layer, and worst of all, it somehow made my blemishes stood out even more. I've no idea what's going on or what's wrong with the foundation since its Calvin Klein even its not the best there's no way its the worst... And it didn't blend into my skin very well it kinda sat on top of my skin. I really like its texture since its very watery and sheer exactly what I want but it looks like shit on my face. Didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2003 5:04:00 AM More reviews by brandywilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This super sheer foundation is a wonder for people with dry skin. My Mum was having the hardest time with her dry, very sensitive skin finding products that worked. This foundation offers full sunscreen protection, just the slightest amount of coverage for evening out skintone, and is not at all drying. She loves it and swears she will never buy anything else. I have to agree with other ratings that this foundation is not for those with oily skin or those seeking fuller matte coverage. But for anyone with dry, sensitive skin seeking a reliable sunscreen in a light foundation this is amazing! As an extra note, this product is 100% fragrance free, a major plus for sensitve skin types.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2003 6:42:00 PM More reviews by BonnieL19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this foundation at first, but it left my combination skin looking and feeling oily by the end of the day. The pump is wonderful, though, and the colors are very realistically neutral. I usually use tinted moisturizer but this made me even more oily. I have not seen my face THIS oily in a long time (probably ever). I do not have acne so the sheer coverage was good for me, but be warned that it IS very sheer. Would be much better to use on normal-dry skin instead of normal to oily skin. A decent and better looking alternative is Becca LSC.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2003 7:37:00 AM More reviews by rmyeung

I am ambivalent towards this product. Sometimes, it works so well that I find myself with flawless skin after using it. But, sometimes it just makes my skin flaky or patchy. Why?
I actually like the idea of using a pump to deliver the foundation. It minimizes the chance of spoiling the rest of the foundation whenever you use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2003 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was debating whether to get this, or the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. The coverage of this product is probably more sheer than most sheer foundations out there- it is in fact more like a tinted moisturizer. I chose this because of the higher spf content, and I also really like the pump packaging. I didn't have a problem with shine using this- I have normal/combo skin and put this on after moisturizer and my waterproof sunscreen, and didn't use any powder. I like how both CK foundations are neutral in color, no weird pinks, oranges, or overwhelming yellows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2003 7:46:00 PM More reviews by chopsticktoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I try this one in Bisque on my LLL-MMM normal-dry skin. It goes on super sheer or even sheerer than many tinted moisturizer that I've tried. But it is a wonderful choice for dry skin, it feels lightweight and hydrating. The pump applicator is my fave since it keeps the product hygienic (I'm a clean nut!), but not sure I'll buy again since I think I like a little more coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2003 3:35:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in buff and as a rule don't normally like using foundation all over because it looks unnatural. This has sfp 20 so it's good on sunny days for extra coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2003 3:16:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like other reviewers, I was attracted to this foundation because of the spf 20. I am an MMM and have this in 03 Beige. The color selection could stand to be better but since the foundation is so sheer, it really is goof proof which is a plus. However, it leaves my skin feeling very oily; it does nothing to control the shine. I haven't had any break outs from this foundation. I will finish off this bottle but I will not buy it again. The search for my Holy Grail Foundation continues.