Cover Girl Clean Make Up

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I do not like this. First of all it smells bad, like a really weird stench. It doesn't last very long and I don't like the color matches. This is a low priced foundation and you really get what you pay for here.

on 11/25/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I use the Oil Control Clean w the Oil Control Pressed Powder & it seems pretty good! It used to smell like Noxzema but not anymore. It's average coverage, below average packaging (I wish it had a pump! Or better yet tube!), better than average oil control, the shades lean orangey but the good news is the price. I do like it for its price but it's nothing stellar. I will continue to rebuy it just based on oil control & price factors alone. The coverage is not quite what I need, I need a little heavier. This is your basic foundation, no frills but good oil control. I wish I could think of something exemplary to add about it, but it's boring, nothing exciting. The best thing it has going for it is that it's oil free.

on 5/23/2014 8:49:00 PM

This is a foundation that I have used for many, many years. I have had an on and off relationship with this product. It provides a nice, medium to full coverage on your face. I own the oil control version of this, and I have it in classic ivory. The only problem though? The PACKAGING. I hate that this doesn't have a pump, because that would make getting the makeup out of the bottle so much easier. I have to shake the bottle for a good minute to get anything out. other than that, this makeup is what is advertised as: clean. I can hardly feel it on my face, but it gives me a flawless, dewy glow.

on 2/23/2014 1:43:00 PM

Very sheer coverage and the odor isn't what I want on my face. Did not last more than 4hours even with a primer.

This is a great water-based foundation for people with skin that is sensitive or prone to breakouts. It comes in 3 varieties: regular, oil control, and sensitive. I use Oil Control in the summer and Sensitive in the winter. Sensitive is non-drying (not moisturizing either), while oil control keeps a nice matte look (it's somewhat drying though, so only use it if you have oily, shiny skin.)

This foundation is somewhere between light and medium coverage, which is perfect for me. For people who want higher coverage, look elsewhere! (But remember higher coverage foundations often will cause you to break out more!)

Note that the colours are limited... I have pale skin but neutral (or perhaps more yellow) undertones. I buy the palest shade and it's pale enough for me, but it's a bit too pink.

PROS:
-Blends well using fingertips or a sponge (I start with a brush, then blend anything streaky with my fingers)
-Non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic... I have VERY sensitive skin, and nothing bad happens with this foundation!
-VERY affordable! This is the cheapest foundation Cover Girl has, so for someone with sensitive skin, it's a dream come true!
-Oil-free and fragrance-free
-This used to not be the case, but P&G (Cover Girl) products are now over 99% NOT tested on animals!

CONS:
-Very limited colour range--unfortunately, they don't have dark colours, and seem to have more cool tones than warm (yellow tones help to counteract redness, so keep this in mind)
-Annoying packaging.. I always have to hit my foundation on the counter upside down with the lid on to get the foundation out. This product should really come with a pump.

on 1/26/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this foundation for christmas and boy does it stink.. Literally. The smell is awful and the coverage isn't very good. I mix it with my covergirl 3 in 1 foundation to make it a little darker but the smell is so awful I tend not to use it.

on 1/6/2014 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So freaking bad.. It's so liquid-y on my face, it like rubs off. Smells terrible terrible terrible. No coverage. Turns a different colour on my face throughout the day. Worst foundation known to man kind, not even worth $4. I would prefer a $4 coffee over this

on 12/18/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got this for normal skin as a freebie via my mum. I love the colour & the texture is great. I wear it everyday to work & it's just as good as my Stila & Chanel foundations (I keep them for special occasions). I can be in for some hot & long days at work, and this foundation does the job fine.

on 10/28/2013 1:28:00 AM

Feels heavy and makes my face oily

on 9/5/2013 1:18:00 AM

This makes my eyes sting and water on and off all day long. I'm not even putting it in my eyes!