August 21, 2014 | 1306 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by ktpeluso

I just love this stuff. I keep going back to it. I've tried everything from Ponds, to 100% Pure, to DHC cleansing oil. It seems like the oils all just break my skin out. Anything with mint, menthol makes my skin red. Be sure to check the ingredients make sure there is NO salicylic acid--this stuff can irritate and cause breakouts if you are using other acne medications in combination--I will note it is good for body acne though!) This review is for just the plain old face wash--it's been around forever and I remember using it when I was younger--15 years later I'm still reaching for it. Is it the best stuff ever? Probably not, I'm sure there are better cleansers out there but I haven't found them! It's just a dependable gentle cleanser. If your skin is freaking out and needs a rest, try this for a month or so before moving on to get things calmed down, you won't regret it! (Takes off makeup well too).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by enawhz

This is great for oily skin. It is super basic and affordable. This was actually the first ever cleanser I ever used it, but I was 12 and had to go out and buy something "cooler". It can be drying at first, but after I moisturize that feeling goes away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by annalynne

This is my new favorite facial cleanser! I've tried Pond's makeup wipes, Neutrogena foaming cleanser, & L'Oreal 360 clean and this is by far the best one. It removes my makeup so well and leaves my face feeling clean. You also get a great amount of product for a decent price. Just be careful because it will sting if you get it into your eyes.

To sum it all up:

Pros:
-removes makeup very well
-great price

Cons:
-stings if you get it in your eyes
-dried out my skin just a tiny bit for the first 2 weeks

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Gislumy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent for oily skin. Removes makeup easily. Works like the glycerin soap without the mushy mess. A ++

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cassandrajoan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to be my fall-back cleanser when my skin got dry or itchy, and since making some dietary changes my skin has calmed down. I was glad to go back to the cleanser that I loved as a young adult until my skin started flaking and peeling. Since I changed from an acne cleanser (albeit an organic one) to the Neutrogena Liquid this was an unpleasant surprise. After a few days' use I put it in the shower for general use and bought a 'gentle' cleanser. I'll keep trying until I find one that works.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a product I really wanted to love. In fact, I felt a little nostalgic about it. I used to get a Neutrogena amber bar in my stocking every Christmas. I can still remember the way it smelled. Well, Neutrogena facial soap no longer has that lovely scent, so that is a bit disappointing as I never found that particular fragrance offensive. Anyway, the amber bar always did a wonderful job clearing up my (at the time) acne-prone skin.

I had been using the CeraVe Hydrating cleanser, and it made my skin look and feel really good, but I was concerned about the very oily residue it seemed to leave behind. That is why I decided to try the Liquid Neutrogena. I was already using their gentle face scrub with no ill effects, so I figured why not give this a go.

The first time I used it, I used it with my Clarisonic Mia 2. I didn't notice anything remarkable, only it didn't leave that oily feeling on my skin that the CeraVe did. That was nice. The second time I used it, my skin felt a little tight afterward, so I made sure to moisturize very thoroughly afterward. The third use left my skin uncomfortably tight. The next time not only did my skin feel tight, but it made the area around my lips and nostrils burn. It was so painful I had to hold a cold rag over the area until the stinging subsided.

The final time I used it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I always tried to be very careful about not getting it around my eyes, but with the Clarisonic, sometimes suds will roll down your face. Well, a little bit of soap got into my right eye. It was excruciatingly painful. I was frantically trying to flush my eye out. I made sure I put medicated drops in afterward, just for good measure. I got out of the shower, dried off, and looked in the mirror and was horrified to see my forehead was peeling. Like when you get a sunburn, not a flaking peel. And this wasn't the Clarisonic responsible for this, because I've been using it regularly with my CeraVe and never experienced any dryness and/or peeling/flaking of the skin on my face. I slathered moisturizer all over and prayed for the best.

The following morning my forehead had this bizarre, tight shine to it. Like a Botox or chemical peel freakishly smooth shine. I moisturized again and realized my right eye was still burning. I looked in the mirror and was frightened when I saw how bloodshot and red-rimmed my eye was. I had to dispense more drops.

I'd say this soap isn't right for me, but I wouldn't discredit it altogether. I have combination and sensitive skin with an oily t-zone, oily eyelids, but dry eczema-prone patches in my eyebrows, along my upper lip, and on my cheeks so maybe that has something to do with why this worked so poorly for me. I'm going back to my CeraVe.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Narmeenbayy

Love this. Just like the bar of soap but for some reason i prefer the bar of soap although it does tend to get soft and melted looking but the lather of the soap bar beats this, this liquid one still does the same exact thing! Cleans skin very nicely, doesnt breakout skin even if you have the most sensitive skin ever, like me ! Will use this and the bar of soap foreverrrrr! No doubt about that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

A classic basic cleanser from Neutrogena that never goes wrong.... It delivers what it does, cleansing without over-drying the skin. Comes lightly scented which does not bother me. A little goes a long way, as it lathers up pretty well upon contact with water. Having said that, I reckon this would be great for people with normal-oily skin. Not too sure how this would fare for those with drier skin types, as it does foam up and leaves the skin with a 'squeaky' after feel. Overall, a good cleanser at great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Uhh how many times did I try to like this. And every single time this gave me pimples. But it was so perfect! It didn't dry my face out, it was gentle, left my face so smooth and clean... But... Pimples :(((( still I really recommend this highly. It might work for your skin. Best cleanser for fine skins in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is neither bad nor perfect. It ordinarily cleaned up the skin, doing nothing more ( coping with blackheads, pimples etc.). If you don't expect to get rid of blackheads or pimples, to have a smooth skin then it is OK. This product just makes you feel clean . This was the effect on me.