October 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Jergens - Ash Relief Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 3:12:00 AM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! If I don't use it in the winter when I'm wearing a skirt, my legs look terrible. Great moisturizer, great basic.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2005 5:21:00 AM More reviews by ceelocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this. Got my aunt to send me some and its fantastic in this irish winter!My skin does not seem to know its winter!!I'll definitely be stocking up on this on all my visits stateside.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2004 9:07:00 AM More reviews by nickel

As a Black woman who suffers from psoriasis on her feet and dryness on the rest of her body, I thought this might be my HG lotion. Boy was I wrong. This lotion provides limited moisture and is not for someone with extremely dry and/or scaly or cracked skin. It sank into my skin so quickly that I forgot I even lotioned afterwards (not a good thing). I was ashy again within a few hours. There are other brands that are better. This is best for someone who has normal skin and suffers from the occasional dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2004 5:20:00 PM More reviews by glacier_girl

I am an Asian (Indian) woman and read about this in Marie Claire. Looked everywhere for it--and then eventually found it in Target for sale at 2.99. I have such a problem with dry, ashen skin--living in Utah doesn't help either! My elbows, knees and arms just end up looking white and flaky with other lotions. BUT this lotion is fantastic-soaks in fast without a tacky feeling. Skin looks gorgeous, shiny and touchable. Medium-dark skinned women should deffo try this out!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2004 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Peach524

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

didn't like this very much. it didn't leave my skin feeling soft or moisturized! this lotion really did nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2004 7:53:00 PM More reviews by PrincessAmina83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Words cannot express how happy I am to have found this product. I am a young Nigerian American woman with super dry/impossible skin who was constantly changing moisturizers. After reading about this lotion in Lucky and searching for it for months, I finally come across it in a local K-Mart. Noremally, I would have never even considered using a lotion because the water base did nothing for me, but I decided to give this one a shot- besides, it costs next to nothing. This stuff is INCREDIBLE! It's a lightweight lotion that acctually works better than any cream I have ever tried. It leaves my usually scaly skin newborn baby soft ALL DAY LONG! I'm throwing out all other heavy creams and lotions, thanks to Jergins, I have found my HG moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by bostonintrovert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have eczema and as the winter hastens to new england, my skin becomes more and more sandpapery. I went out and brought a bottle after reading about it in essence magazine and I love it; no more ash or tight skin for me. It's worth all you sistahs looking into!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2003 3:58:00 PM More reviews by daysgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I do have dark skin and have battled ash my entire life. NOTHING works like this lotion. Sure, if I slathered on pure Vaseline or cocoa butter, I wouldn't have an ash problem, but I'd be an oil slick! This is my HG lotion, and the only bottle I have ever used up. I will buy forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2003 1:30:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

Those of you who know me know that I'm not black and may be wondering why in the heck a butt-white girl like me would have this product. Well, let me tell you -- I look after my girlfriends (they come to me for makeup and product advice). I read about this new lotion in Lucky, picked some up for them (cheap!) and had them test-run it for a couple of weeks. They all LOVE it and want to know where I got it (Target) so they can get more. This product is contains ingredients to specifically target (no pun intended) the causes of ashiness -- contains BHAs to exfoliate and cocoa and shea butter moisturizers. My friends say it works, they like the scent and texture, and it does not make them shiny either. Yay! Points for me!