August 29, 2014 | 1364 users online

Pressed Powders - Bobbi Brown - Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sueg374

I purchased the Sheer Finish pressed powder in Pale Yellow and it's really light (I am a NC 20 or BB Sand for ref.). I can use lightly now, but will be better color for winter for me. Formula is very nice, sheer but with some staying power, no scent, controls the shine without drying my face. The applicator that comes with it is heavenly - sorta like a cross between velour and a sponge. What I don't like about the compact is the way they designed it, you can only open it to a 90 degree angle, which can be a little awkward when trying to apply. I'm not a huge powder user, so it takes me a long time to use a compact up and by then I'm usually looking for the next best thing (which is why is probably won't repurchase).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I would never take a second look at this product if the SA did not gave an entire tester jar (6 gms) of loose powder in Warm Natural when I purchased the BB Skin Foundation; and I would have never purchased this foundation if it is not for the rave reviews in MUA. .. chain reaction .....
Used alone, it doesn't do a thing, but when I put it on top of my foundation, I was stunned, meaning I stayed motionless & stared in the mirror. I had it over the By Terry Plumping Fluid Foundation, used alone, this foundation is good, but the combination of both, is totally amazing, no trace of makeup, foundation or powder,whatsoever. I looked so together, healthy & natural.
Today I returned to get the pressed powder (less messy than loose powder), the SA at another counter (Prescriptives) was checking me out from all angles & then she finally asked me if I have any makeup on b/c it looked so natural. End of story.
This powder has a good amount of slip, & also lanolin is in the middle of about 12 ingredients, bismuth is the second last on the list. This is truly my HG setting powder. The SA also gave me a tester jar of the same stuff in Soft Sand, a lighter shade for the autumn coming. Oh, the sales trap they set, but I love it.
For reference, I am NC 35.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Stainless

I was a loyal user of Bobbi's Sheer Finished Pressed Powder for years but switched to this recently. As with the Loose Powder, I was pleasantly surprised by the coverage this powder provides with absolutely no cakey finish. I am careful not to dust this powder on my eyelids as it made me terribly itchy when I tried it as a shadow base.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2008 4:38:00 AM More reviews by munken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very disappointed with this. The coverage was appalling and my face was oily again soon after application. It also seemed to look blotchy. Not impressed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

I like this pressed powder.Makes my skin look very smooth.It doesnt help with controlling shine though so keep your tissues or blotters in hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by love4chanel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this powder! It has the nicest feel and smooth finish and does not get cakey. Plus, the yellow undertones really even out my skin tone (although I have always heard yellow undertones were only for warmer complexions). The price is high, but well worth it. The packaging could use an update- the big mirror is nice, but the bulky compact is a pain in a small purse.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i gave this two lippies, instead of one like the sheer pressed powder because it did not accentuate every single dry flake on my face. it does nothing for oil control or setting your makeup. i purchased this in pale yellow. the shade is a very soft yellow, not bright and scary at all. the color did blend into my skin nicely. that's the only good thing about the product. i had high hopes for this powder. the texture was finely milled, but some how manages to sink into every single pore imaginable and made my face oilier than even before powdering. there are wayyy better products out there for the price. i'd imagine even drugstore powders are better than this. if you are looking for an airbrushed finishing powder or even touch up powder... don't bother w/ this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by cocostar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this product! I use Basic Brown shade over the BB Oil-Free Compact Foundation. Believe it or not, it gives more a sheer coverage than the Sheer Pressed Powder. I used both powders and the Sheer PP gave off more color...imagine that? Anywho, it works well with cutting down any red tones in my face and it polishes off my complete look. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2007 9:37:00 AM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

soft sand was a great match for me im an nc35 in mac. bobbi brown doesnt have a powder foundation and this was a light coverage powder. after a couple of hours i noticed my tzone getting very oily and i had to keep reapplying 2-3 a day which i hate. clinique's perfectly real in 118 and max factor's fair ivory (darker than what it sounds) powder foundation i just apply i time in the morning with a brush and it stays on all day maybe i touch up on my nose after 6 hrs. sooo much better

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2007 3:53:00 AM More reviews by soulsucker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bght this thru a fren's recommendation.Nice & big packaging, so so quality.texture is soft but quality is similiar to MAC Blot Powder but Mac's better. Doesnt control shine that well.Big convenient mirror but very little grams!wont repurchase again. i'd rather get MAC...