August 30, 2014 | 1077 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by MLP10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is not a product for teens or 20 somthings, possibly not 30 somethings either. However for 40+ it does what it says it will do and at a fantastic price. I have a toner I purchased with a beauty package that cost $200, Neutrogena doesn't smell as light but so what. The smell lasts for a few seconds, my pores are visibly smaller and my savings is eminence.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by aubjohnson19

So. I was just in walmart a few weeks ago and I ran out of my sea breeze astringent. I use the yellow kind and it's for oily and acne prone skin. I really don't have bad acne or breakouts. It's just little bumps on my cheeks and I only have about 4-5 on each one. But I do have really oily skin and the ingredients really cut down the shine and oil during the day. It seems like it's more for oily skin than combination and dry skin, because of the ingredients. It does really help getting excess makeup off and doesn't really shrink pores but just a little bit. It has a kind of bug spray smell and is a bit strong but it will disappear. Also this will maybe burn ur face a little and leave ur face a little red but nothing unbearable. I will repurchase this though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by shi1

This stuff is strong as hell. I should have known when reading the ingredients:

Water, Alcohol Denat. (35%), Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana) Extract, Sodium Pca, Alicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance.

I bought it anyway because it was on sale and I needed a toner, and also because I saw many positive reviews on it. I'm no stranger to AHA/BHAs - I use this stuff regularly, and it works well on my skin. I use a cleanser a few times a week with AHA/BHAs, as well as a AHA/BHA lotion every night. So when I saw a drugstore option, I was excited to give it a try. First thing you'll notice is that it smells really strong. It didn't burn my skin the first time, but I think after using it consecutively over 2-3 days (once a day in the evening), I noticed immediately my face/neck felt warm and irritated and then it became red. I had to wash it off completely because I knew it was burning my skin. I saw reviews online that said this was gentle, and they use it everyday, sometimes even twice a day and I just can't see how. Perhaps if your skin is very resistant you could do that, but I don't think its a good thing to do in the long term because it is not gentle on your skin at all. I think the alcohol content alone is scary enough. I would not recommend this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Andtaylorr

Worst toner I have oily skin and this toner made my skin dry and tight! Absolutely hate it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by slnewman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! This ruined my face. I was looking for a toner, so i bought this hoping it would work well. i have NEVER been so upset by a skin care product in my life! My face is blotchy and red with hundreds of little bumps everywhere! This gave me the worst breakout i've ever had and i'm no stranger to massive acne breakouts. This is liquid acid. Stay FAR FAR away from this if your skin is sensitive in any way.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Karebearia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This toner was very harsh and dried out my skin. Felt like my face was wrapped in cling wrap. I have very large noticeable pores near my nose and on my cheeks, thought this would "refine" my pores...Nope. The next day, there were small acne bumps on my cheeks and forehead..I've heard that it takes time for your skin to adjust to new products, so I stuck with it for another week. My skin only got worse. So I had to pour the whole thing down the drain. Never touching this toner again. Not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by HotPinkLips101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love neutrogena products, but, as far as helping with pore size, didn't do nothing, in fact my pores are bigger than ever...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by babyro0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always have a hard time finding a toner that I actually like, I have tried many other Brands, including the Dickinsons witch hazel pore perfecting toner, which I hated, because it stank and was unbearable. After throwing away my witch hazel I went and bought this, as I'm a huge fan of Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes, as well as their Acne Stress Control Toner and enjoyed it.

The first time I used this product, it didn't sting my face, I do use a toner twice a day because of my combination skin, once in the morning, then once at night to help with foundation/concealer removal. After using it for a couple of days, it did begin to sting, and I noticed it was very drying. It did make my pores smaller in appearance, however, even after applying moisturizer and primer to my face, my foundation refuses to go on evenly after using this product. I use The Smashbox Toner to even out red skin, as well as Urban Decays Naked Skin and Naked Concealer. They are high end brands, I paid a lot for them, and haven't had problems until I started Using this.

Bottom line, this product isn't great, it does, however smell pleasant, I use it only once a day now at night before applying my Jergens Cold Cream to rehydrate my skin while I sleep. I would recommend it to someone who has nicer skin to start with, as it may help you, however, it didn't help me at all.

I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by SusieQ1973

Despite being unable to use this product in my teens and early 20's, I decided to give it another try now years later..and to my surprise it is wonderful! The alcohol and AHA's were far too harsh for my sensitive acne prone skin 10 or 20 years ago, but now I am in love with this product! Love how my skin feels tighter and pores are noticeably smaller! I am so pleased that I decided to try this product once again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok toner! When I'm out, I will probably purchase others to try them but still would like to use this one too. I've been using it since the summer, so going on at least 6 months now. I still have half of the bottle & I use it every night after my Clarisonic. I haven't noticed it drying my skin out at all. I have oily to combo skin. When I started using this in the summer months(when I'm more oily), I did notice that it helped control my oil some. I haven't noticed a difference in my pores at all but after I use it my skin does feel nice & smooth. This is definitely a nice toner & very reasonably priced!