October 25, 2014 | 1610 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this, along with the exfoliating cleanser without researching it at all because a) I was looking for a drugstore product that would help with the pool-sized pores I have around my nose, and b) Target had a deal going at the time where if you bought this and the exfoliating cleanser, you could get Neutrogena makeup wipes free, which I used at the time, so I figured that since it was something I was interested in, I might as well take the extra incentive and buy them both.

I've had both these products for about two months now, and I've used them almost every single day, twice a day, with the exceptions of days where I'm simply too exhausted from school to bother with doing anything more than running a makeup wipe over my face to clean it. Honestly, I have a bit of a love/hate with this toner. I don't feel like I saw much difference with the cleanser/toner combo in regards to my pores and I like the cleanser(I left a full review on this cleansers product page as well) but with the toner-I find that I like it less than I do the cleanser. My skin continued to feel really clean after using it, and I definitely felt like it was getting deep into my pores even when I hadn't used it right after the cleanser in the same line but after a different cleanser I still felt like it did well.

The downsides were that I feel like it really stung my face at times, though I've had toners that have stung my face more; it doesn't make my skin feel tight nor does it feel like its drying out my skin.

At the time of my writing this review, I've decided that I'm not going to rush out and repurchase neither the toner nor the cleanser to see if I find a cleanser I like better and I'm going to go back to the alcohol free toner by Neutrogena; but I am going to keep these in mind since I don't totally hate them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

This is the first toner I have ever used consistently. I have used it every single day (sometimes more than once a day) for the past 9 months. I purchased this during one of my seemingly daily Ulta hauls around the holidays after seeing many beauty videos on YT stressing the importance of toner. Now, I will not say I feel my pores are "visibly reduced" as the package claims, but I do feel my complexion is noticeably more radiant, fresh, and overall healthy looking. I do not have problematic skin to begin with (sensitive, acne prone, or otherwise), just some trouble occasionally around my chin/hormonal area. I'm not 100% sold on that fact that toners are a *MUST* have in a skincare regimen, but I'm 90% there. I don't think I'd suffer if I ran out for a few weeks or anything. I especially like applying this right before makeup (and moisturizer, obviously) because I feel it really gives me a fresh face to work with. I would definitely repurchase and probably will. I decided to splurge and purchase Clinique's toner for oily skin as that seems to be my trouble lately. This is a great, affordable product for those who, like me, are inexperienced in the toner department!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

So far the best toner for my oily skin.
It helps just slightly with oil but my skin really like this. It helps with breakouts as well.
My pores have not gone away but my complexion is better so that is what matters to me.
I definitely noticed a change for the worse when I stopped using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Ro2lana

Kinda disappointed in Neutrogena. This product is by far not the best toner on the market. Didn't do anything for my pore size and seemed to make my skin appear rough and made fine lines visible. *le sigh* will prob go back to witch hazel or sea breeze

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by MLP10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is not a product for teens or 20 somthings, possibly not 30 somethings either. However for 40+ it does what it says it will do and at a fantastic price. I have a toner I purchased with a beauty package that cost $200, Neutrogena doesn't smell as light but so what. The smell lasts for a few seconds, my pores are visibly smaller and my savings is eminence.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by aubjohnson19

So. I was just in walmart a few weeks ago and I ran out of my sea breeze astringent. I use the yellow kind and it's for oily and acne prone skin. I really don't have bad acne or breakouts. It's just little bumps on my cheeks and I only have about 4-5 on each one. But I do have really oily skin and the ingredients really cut down the shine and oil during the day. It seems like it's more for oily skin than combination and dry skin, because of the ingredients. It does really help getting excess makeup off and doesn't really shrink pores but just a little bit. It has a kind of bug spray smell and is a bit strong but it will disappear. Also this will maybe burn ur face a little and leave ur face a little red but nothing unbearable. I will repurchase this though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by shi1

This stuff is strong as hell. I should have known when reading the ingredients:

Water, Alcohol Denat. (35%), Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana) Extract, Sodium Pca, Alicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Lactate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance.

I bought it anyway because it was on sale and I needed a toner, and also because I saw many positive reviews on it. I'm no stranger to AHA/BHAs - I use this stuff regularly, and it works well on my skin. I use a cleanser a few times a week with AHA/BHAs, as well as a AHA/BHA lotion every night. So when I saw a drugstore option, I was excited to give it a try. First thing you'll notice is that it smells really strong. It didn't burn my skin the first time, but I think after using it consecutively over 2-3 days (once a day in the evening), I noticed immediately my face/neck felt warm and irritated and then it became red. I had to wash it off completely because I knew it was burning my skin. I saw reviews online that said this was gentle, and they use it everyday, sometimes even twice a day and I just can't see how. Perhaps if your skin is very resistant you could do that, but I don't think its a good thing to do in the long term because it is not gentle on your skin at all. I think the alcohol content alone is scary enough. I would not recommend this product.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Andtaylorr

Worst toner I have oily skin and this toner made my skin dry and tight! Absolutely hate it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by slnewman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! This ruined my face. I was looking for a toner, so i bought this hoping it would work well. i have NEVER been so upset by a skin care product in my life! My face is blotchy and red with hundreds of little bumps everywhere! This gave me the worst breakout i've ever had and i'm no stranger to massive acne breakouts. This is liquid acid. Stay FAR FAR away from this if your skin is sensitive in any way.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Karebearia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This toner was very harsh and dried out my skin. Felt like my face was wrapped in cling wrap. I have very large noticeable pores near my nose and on my cheeks, thought this would "refine" my pores...Nope. The next day, there were small acne bumps on my cheeks and forehead..I've heard that it takes time for your skin to adjust to new products, so I stuck with it for another week. My skin only got worse. So I had to pour the whole thing down the drain. Never touching this toner again. Not for me.