December 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Brows - Mary Kay - Brow Pencil - Blonde

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by pupster

Classic Blond Shade: Yess!!! I have found my HG brow product for $10, and I have tried everything. I even prefer this to my previous fave Anastasia in ash blond/taupe, for half the price. This applies perfectly, waxy enough to coat hairs and stay on, but not too soft or hard. The color is a perfect taupe, I have light brown hair and very blonde brows, this color would probably work for a lot of lighter hair colors. Sharpened easily without breaking. Best of all, there is no red at all. I'm actually buying another so I have a back up since you have to order them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by hodetovervannet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the best eyebrow liner I've ever used. The color is very neutral and works nicely to go along with any of the hair colors I've had. It's a soft taupey brown blonde color without any hints of red or orange. If you're into a natural looking brow then this color is for you.

It's easy to get this right as it's very soft and easy to work with. I love the twist up applicator.

I've never used many Mary Kay products but this one I I will buy again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Dawn_Sierra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best brow pencil I ever owned. It's pricier than drug store brands but I have yet to see a drugstore brand that color/consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by missemily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't say enough good things about this pencil!

I've used this product in Classic Blonde for a few years, and after experimenting with some other products (more under My Reviews), I'm soooo happy to be reunited with it!

To me there are two things that make a great eyebrow pencil: the color and the texture. Classic Blonde is a great color. It's not red at all, and the tone flatters anyone from blondes to brunettes. It has a firm consistency but still deposits color, and is very easy to work with.

I have dark hair, but fair brows, and it's really challenging to find brow products that look right. This is by far the best I've found.

I don't purchase a lot of things from Mary Kay, but I will buy this again and again as long as they carry it. If you you get a chance, definitely give this a try! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by elwoods10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Classic Blonde (note: not Blonde color pencil) for about a week now. I really do like the consistency of the pencil and the color it gives that is natural looking and most importantly NO RED in it! This is my new pencil trumping Rimmel Hazel Eyebrow Pencil, which had just a tad too much red in it but it made my eyebrows look a fake color which of course I do not like. Took one lippie away because it doesn't have brush on tip which I find very useful. Overall though, really like it and it is a good buy.

Still, there was this one pencil Loreal made that was light brown, or light blonde, or taupe I cannot remember the name of the color! Anyhow, it was one of those names and had a brush on the end. The color was PERFECTO for me! Anyone know what pencil I am talking about and if so where I can find it?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this pencil in Brunette and I can range from light brown with gold highlights to one shade deep brunette. It works on both and virtually effortlessly. Not so creamy that it crumbles under pressure for precise hairs but not so hard that you feel you're making extra pores into your skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Classic Blonde brow pencil. So this is very much a favorite type product from MK and I can see why, the texture is just right...smooth and light but gives whatever pigment payoff that you need. I know this is supposed to be pretty universal but I found the color a bit to golden and a shade to dark for my pale skin and sandy blonde brows. I mean it looked fine, it looked good actually but its not as cool or light in tone as I prefer. It would probably be better if I went out of my way to use a light hand but I already have an HG pencil that is perfect (the red ones from Maybelline). Good product though and I will use mine up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

This is the only brow PENCIL i use. I do also use a brow powder from Smashbox. I really like this pencil for days when I am in a hurry. It is fast and after you apply just get your brow brush and run it over them a few times and your good to go. I also apply a clear brow gel after I brush them and I feel it helps keep the hairs in place all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 11:54:00 AM More reviews by auntnett

I used to sell MK back in the mid 90's and still continue to use some of their products, one of which is their Classic Blonde eyebrow pencil. It is a throw-back wood pencil that they still keep around due to high demand from regular customers. This is a taupey color that almost anyone, except those with black hair can use. I am a fairly dark brunette, and that is what I use and find it to be the most natural-looking color on me and most other women of any brand around.

Their other, newer-edition brow pencils are automatic plastic pencils that come, I believe, in Blonde, Auburn, Brown and Black. I have tried that blonde but it is not at all the same as the old Classic Blonde described above. It's too light while the brown is too dark even for me, a brunette. It also does not seem to stay on as well as the other one and is much too soft for my tastes.

I have sparse over-plucked brows (a result of being a teen in the 70's!), and I can fill in nicely with the Classic Blonde, set it with a little translucent powder, and it gives me a natural look that lasts all day. With my combination skin, setting with powder seems to be a necessity with most brow pencils.

Anyway, if you are having trouble finding a brow pencil or color that you like, ask for the Classic Blonde. It may no longer be in the MK brochures, but it IS still available. If you have an inexperienced consultant, ask her to look in Section 1 on her order sheet, under Color Cosmetics/Eyes, and it is an optional or special color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2007 8:46:00 AM More reviews by bethwalls77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good product! I have dark hair, but this still does the trick.