August 22, 2014 | 2004 users online

Masks - H2O - Hydrating Marine Moisture Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by eribear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I too am surprised by the bad reviews. I used this initially after exfoliating my skin very roughly and it did burn, but if I use this after cleansing gently with Cetaphil and blotting my face dry without exfoliating, no problems what-so-ever. I leave it on for 10 minutes on DRY skin and when it starts to feel like it is drying a little, I masage it in, and leave on a few more minutes. I then rinse with warm water and pat dry. I dont even need a moisturizer. It smells good to me and I like the cooling sensation it has (only if you don't exfoliate beforehand). I may consider putting it in the fridge for days when I have had a little more sun than I'd like. I snatched this up at Marshall's for 7.00, so the price was right for me, but I wouldn't spend much more than that

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Briz123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am surprised by all the negative reviews! I really like this mask. I actually have been putting a thin layer of it on before bed and just leaving it on while I sleep. My skin is softer and the blackheads and acne I had is gone! I don't have really bad acne or blackheads, just had a little bit on my chin/jawline. My skin is looking pretty good all around after using this and I haven't changed anything else.
I like that it is easy to open, however there is some of the product left on the cap on the outside which is a little irritating, but not a big deal really. I got it for 7.99 at TJMaxx so that is a very good price. I actually think it smells kinda good. I also like the color of the product and the tube. I think the mask is incredibly smooth, and is lighter than I expected which I also like.
It doesn't make my skin red or burn like other people said it did to them. However, I also use H2o's Marine Daily Hydrator which doesn't burn but occasionally makes my skin temporarily red but goes away after about 10 minutes. For some reason it doesn't seem to do it every time I put it on,,,,strange!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Nerds99

Poop. That is exactly what this stuff is.

It BURNS your face like alcohol on a sunburn. The packaging is poo poo, too; as soon as you twist it closed, residual product oozes out of the hole. Be sure you're paying attention, or you will have a sticky blue counter. Also, the consistency is odd; think sexual lubricant (no, I'm not kidding). It's just...not good. Especially for the price.

If you need a hydrating mask, get the Intensive Hydrating Masque from Aveda. That stuff doesn't feel like smearing hot lard all over your face.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by annabelle807

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I first used it, I thought this product was pretty decent. Even though it kinda burned when I first applied it to the face, I've felt burning sensations that are MUCH worse from other products...still, that doesn't mean that it doesn't burn a lot.......My mom bought this for $37.00 at a kiosk, by the way. It comes in a cute turquoise tube! :)

I've had a couple of dry, flaky, scaly patches on my cheeks for a while because it's winter where I live right now, so I decided to use this mask to see if it would help with that....Right after I had taken the mask off, my skin felt really soft and smooth, but it started to feel dry again about 10-15 minutes after, even though I put a SUPER heavy moisturizer on top.....

Although I liked this product, I don't think I would buy this product again.

EDIT: I tried using this mask again, and I think that the last time I used it, I wasn't applying it properly.....it works a lot better when you rub it into your skin and then wait for it to soak in. When I tried it this time, it worked a lot better.....still, I don't think I would buy this product again because it's kinda pricey for me.....being a broke high school student lol.... :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by yourgirl

i got a sample of this 2 years ago... and i just started using it! My face is a bit dry right now, so i thought, why not? before i applied this mask, i massaged my face with a moisturizing lotion. then i exfoliated with the st. ives apricot scrub. i used the mask after i washed off everything. i have some dry/irritated spots around my nose and my upper lip area. it STINGS when i applied it. but it went away after a couple of minutes. the overall results is pretty good.

if you can get over the stinging "sensation", then this should be pretty good.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by plilyheart

I HATE THIS MASK. It burns my face instead of hydrate it. makes it red. never buy this. worst product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kuongkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised at all the negative reviews here. I personally don't think this mask irritates my face nor do anything bad to my face, just that, it just moisturize my face a little bit and did nothing else. So for it's price, I don't think I will buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2006 8:09:00 PM More reviews by jenifur

This mask sting my face the moment i've applied it. I had to wash it off immediately to avoid further irritations. My face appears a little red even after i washed it off promptly. The alcohol smell of this mask is too strong too. I won't try this mask another time i guess.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2005 4:48:00 AM More reviews by simonneho

i bought the value set which consists of cleanser, toner, green tea moisturiser and this stupid mask.
This mask, i use on my face for 5-10 minutes, rinse off.
And feel no difference.
I would not repurchase and not recommended

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 8:48:00 AM More reviews by alexplot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Worst masque ever. It has a strange smell and doesn't feel pleasant on skin at all and on top of tht it makes my skin feel irritated. Total waste of time and money. Just plain gross.