Awake Hydro-Sheer Lipstick

4.1

on 7/13/2003 11:02:00 PM

I have this one in the Spirited Rose color. A soft muted rose color that's MLBB. Goes on light and smooth, feels almost weightless on, but doesn't last very long. Nonetheless this is a good neutral color that I reach for a lot in the morning when I don't want to think too much about what matches what.

on 8/23/2002 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The packaging is terrific--small enough to fit into any purse. It's just that NONE of the 6 colors worked for me. I really wanted them to, honest. Oh well.

on 6/19/2002 9:57:00 PM

Nice for what it is, and a great slim packaging too. I just personally prefer a glossier texture in a sheer lipstick, or more coverage in a satin lipstick. This was neither fish nor fowl to me, so I swapped it.

on 5/22/2002 11:32:00 AM

I love these lipsticks, especially the lighter tones. Beautiful shiny finish, and the color is more complex than the name. One favorite is coral glaze, not coral at all. It looks like a light nude-brown pink/peach, but it is only slightly so, and gives the perfect complex nude lip with high satin finish.

on 4/18/2002 12:47:00 PM

I really like the texture of this sheer - very creamy and doesn't slide around like other sheers/translucent variety of lipsticks. You don't have to reapply as often as other lipsticks in the same category and this has great true-to-color performance. I have the palette and a full size in Lavender Gray which are all great wearable colors.

on 11/20/2001 3:25:00 PM

I have the Misty Mauve and I must say I really like it. It is the perfect mauvy plum rose with a hint of shimmer. It is sheer, but not so sheer that it doesn't show up. I don't like how much it costs and how little you receive, so that is why it gets a 4, but I would probably replace this color once it is gone.

on 7/5/2001 11:15:00 PM

This is my new favorite lipstick :) It's wonderfully versatile, a light layer gives just a touch of color and shine, and a heavier (or multiple) layer/s gives full coverage. It is hydrating (very important for my naturally dry lips), wears well, and has just the right amount of shine/shimmer. I have spice, a complex warm rose-y berry with a touch of bronze, and have been wearing it almost every day. I can't wait to try the other colors :)

Popular Lipsticks