August 28, 2014 | 883 users online

Eye Shadow - Sonia Kashuk - "gunmetal" enhance eyecolor

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2006 5:41:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the sleek packaging and the built in mirrors, but I was not impressed by the shadow. Nyx has a much better grey with pearlescent shimmer. You definiteley have to layer this because it lacked staying power for me. I was looking for something much more bold.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2006 7:42:00 PM More reviews by ahappyplace

I had this years ago when SK first came to Target. This was way before my MUA days and I usually just smeared it on with a fingertip. I tossed it one day during a mad cleaning frenzy and didn't think twice about it. Lately I've been lemming a shade like this and haven't been able to find it in MAC so I repurchased this e/s today. I guess I'm harder to please now but this is nowhere near pigmented enough. I had to really pack it on with a small, firm e/s brush to get any color, and it's still pretty sheer. I love the color in the pan, and it does make a very subtle smoky eye, but I really wanted a sexy, metallic gunmetal, so my search continues.

Also--I don't usually care much about packaging, but I did prefer the old sleek silver compact to the newer white version. I don't use sponge-tip applicators either but the tiny one it comes with is a joke!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2005 4:49:00 PM More reviews by suedeskin

Great silvery grey color, but for me it was not pigmented enough. You literally have to cake it on for it to show up. Did not irritate my eyes or contact lenses and was a pretty good price at Target. Unfortunately, this eyeshadow did not last long on my oily lids. I would say an hour or two tops. I will not be buying again because other drugstore eyeshadows have proven to last longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2004 5:05:00 PM More reviews by rthusia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color was so hard to find! Everytime I went to the store looking for it, they were out.
I couldn't get a lot of pigment out of this color, and it certainly doesn't look like the dark shade portrayed. It offers up a lovely silver, with what seems almost like beige undertones. Applied alone on me, it looks almost pinkish silver, and pretty sheer. When I wet it and apply it with an eye liner brush I get a slightly more pigmented line, but still just a hint of silver.
I really love this color and when it is all used up I will likely re-purchase it because of its versatility. I think if you are looking for a bluer or brighter silver eye shadow you might want to check out Stila's Twilight. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2004 12:53:00 PM More reviews by asianeyes

this is a nice silvery grey e/s...perfect for a smokey look. it goes on smooth and the staying power is okay. i haven't tried many Sonia Kashuk e/s (maybe 6 in total), but so far my faves r Gunmetal and Amethyst (a violet/plum color).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by FireCracker86

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome eyeshadow! This is the first eyeshadow in my life that I've actually used all of, then went and boughten again. I own lots of SK eyeshadows; they all blend sooo beautifully and stay on all day (and even overnight). Gunmetal looks phenomenal with Starlight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2004 2:06:00 PM More reviews by grenadine_00

A recent Allure cover featured the always luminous Natalie Portman with bronzed eyes lined with silver. Tried lining my own(light brown) eyes with this unassuming shadow(wet, Sephora's slanted brush) with Stila's Golightly on the lid(also wet) and achieved a similar look. Smoky but subtle, this silky shadow gives an iridescent silver gleam that highlights brown eyes. Perfect for fall.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2004 2:11:00 PM More reviews by peachoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was hoping this would be my perfect silver-grey. It's pretty great, but it DOES have a touch of brown or taupe in it. I'd prefer a straight cool grey, but it's still pretty and very flattering. Goes on smooth, blends well, wears well. I love the white case w/ tiny mirror, but the itty bitty eensy weensy sponge applicator, no bigger than a thumbnail? How the heck are you supposed to wield THAT thing?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2004 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Carolynbeck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The best Silver-grey for cheap... if applied right, your eyes can look very dramatic...like the old guess models.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2004 8:03:00 AM More reviews by BuffityGrl

I had this product a long time ago, but the color is so nice!