September 22, 2014 | 1584 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers in Shimmering Onyx

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this at all. It's not black, it's grey. Also, the texture is sooo dry. After the first use it developed a hard top layer so I can't even get my brush to pick it up. It's pretty much useless now. Almost all my Cover Girl eyeshadows did this. The only one that didn't is Tapestry Taupe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't usually wear drugstore eyeshadow, but I got this free with my favorite mascara, CoverGirl's Lash Blast Volume Waterproof. Shimmering Onyx is a great product to use as a subtle eyeliner. It's not an intense black, and I think that makes it perfect as a wearable eyeliner. If you want an intense eyeliner look with this, you could use it with a wet brush to create that effect. It's very versatile and very cheap, so I definitely recommend it for that purpose. I haven't tried this as a crease eyeshadow or anything though, because I like more neutral looks. This would add a lot of depth and drama though if you wanted to wear it as a night time look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Came across this one when i was looking for a Black Eyeshadow with a Bit of Shimmer ( for the night -outs ) to set my black eyeliner with..
It's got multiple uses on the Upper lid
1. Just eye lining
2. To Set my black gel eyeliner with
3. For the crease or for a V in the corners .
4.And for the smokey eye , of course

But when i' m using this eyeshadow to set my lower lashline , I'm being very careful not to get it in my inner rim bcoz of the shimmery ( mica ) thing ...So I use this with a thin angled eye liner brush .
It might drip first but once it is set , It's set ...No Falling ... since I do my eye make up first it didn't bother my foundation or anything.

Some people say it's not really black. But To me it looks black.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by AyameAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like dark eyeshadows, but the sparkle put me off. And it flaked a lot without primer. I spent a lot of time wiping off the flakes and glitter off my face. Not very good overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by samhoney

I love this shadow! I use it very, very lightly on my lid and lower lash line to set Jordana's kohl pencil in black. Smudge that out then very lightly apply SO to the lash line and blend up to the lid. It is not black, so if you are looking for a black shadow, this is not it. It's a sparkly charcoal. I love that it gives me just enough smokey effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I am surprised of the negative reviews here. This shadow is not that dark or black. It is very much gray. It has some subtle shimmer but nothing that makes it a disco ball. I like this on my lid with a gray liner. I like the intensity and effect and overall, recommend it to every one. I am NC 30 with black hair and brown eye brows and this is a staple shadow for me-

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by uberboi1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this at a CVS to just have a basic black eyeshadow on hand to play around with, and even then I was sorta underwhelmed. The black is very grayish, and even with a primer I thought it looked a little borderline tacky. I didn't just chuck it, I keep it around for adding a smidge of black/gray to a smokey eye from time to time. I wouldn't recommend buying this as a main product for a smokey eye though- too cheap and you get what you pay for.

The sparkles in it sort of apply themselves haphazardly- there were times when I applied this shadow and it looked sparkley, and other times it looked more matte. It's like the makers couldn't decide "Oh we need a shimmer color....but lets make it pretty matte, OK?"

Bottom line: If you want a more pigmented, sparkley color go for another MU line.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by FayeFleurDeLis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A little pricey... 'bout $9 each! But I love it nonetheless! My favorite is the black onyx shadow blast. But the blue one looked tacky though... wont buy that one again hehe - USE AN EYESHADOW PRIMER BEFORE YOU APPLY IT!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I second yumcheesy's review...dirty hooker. Comes off gray and yucky.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by pinkiceg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i actully like this shadow i have used it with no base and it came out fine very black and shimmery i never had it look gray and never have to pack it on it works fine for me.