April 20, 2014 | 1510 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by susansteel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im really surprised that this primer has not received better reviews. I love this primer and find my make up holds all day, I have tried various primers and have yet to find one I prefer! I use this everyday and its my all time fave. I have normal to dry skin and I feel the primer helps with the odd dry patch. I would recommend this product to anyone. I use this product in my kit and everyone I have used it on comments on how well their make up lasted.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by pokette

Don't waste your money on this primer. It made my face more shiny/oily. The Foundation Primer Radiance is slightly better, but not that fantastic either.

A full-sized tube of Laura Mercier primer takes forever to use. Good value for the money spent unless it doesn't work for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by qlassik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the oil-free version works better for combination skin. It's a got a bit of a smell that took a while to get used to. I'm not done with this tube and I'm already looking for a new primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by graceshak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Leaves a somewhat sticky layer when dried on your skin so foundation adheres. It's a hit or miss item in my opinion. IF you have the perfect skin type for it (normal to combi skin) it will work well. If your skin is dry it will make your skin feel a little tight (not disturbingly, have used it on my drier days and it feels fine after a few hours when my skin oils up a little). As for oily skin I can't comment as I'm not sure if it slides off after a while. Overall a good primer if you don't mind paying more than drugstore price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by lipstickwoo

This is my first primer actually(still using it).I bought a mineral one during the summer and I think they work pretty much the same in both summer and winter days for me…It does not break me out,which is great,but it does not control oil efficiently,say generally it holds back the oil on my face no more than 3~4 hours…the price for this tube seems expensive either.since it is my first primer,I could not really compare it to others.I just wonder maybe it could work better if my skin condition is improved?

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Klassicalkelly

Horrid! This primer is super sticky, and would dry like PVA glue on my fingers. It didn't help my skin at all, it made my foundation patchy and disgusting. I broke out after using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by strawberriez880

This is the worst primer I've ever used. It leaves my skin sticky for the WHOLE time it stays on, makes me look ultra shiny and just plain disgusting. Not even my matte liquid foundation would fight the shininess. It made me break out a little as well. It's expensive too. The only non-bad thing is the packaging, which comes in a neat tube that squeezes the product out without making a mess. Save yourself some money and look for another primer...I only used this twice before trashing it, and I always try to use up my products - so yes, it is THAT bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I consider primers and foundations to be the most important part of the makeup.
If your skin looks good, everything else looks put together.

I have combination skin, with some minor pores, acne induced hyper pigmentations, and uneven skintone. I need a primer that needs to at least control for the oil on my T zone, hide the dryness a little bit, and minimize the pores, to have the foundation go on more smoothly with 25% of its job done.
This didn't do any of it.
I won't say its a terrible primer because it didn't break me out, "rolled" into pieces, or do anything else "bad", just didn't do anything for my skin.
it leaves a sticky finish, and makes my foundation a bit sticky too... at about 6 hours mark, my T zone starts to get really oily

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

Amazing primer!! Literally the best one I have ever used. I apply this before my foundation and it goes on so smoothly. It controls shine throughout the day and makes my makeup stay in place so much longer. I can't see myself ever trying another primer as this one has been working amazingly on my skin. Especially since I get breakouts all the time. I would defiantly spend another £20 on this as it comes in a big tube so I'm sure it will last ages !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail primer! It is amazing. Controls shine throughout the day and makes my makeup last hours longer. A tube of this lasts ages and well worth the price tag.

However, I have found this primer doesn't work with every foundation and I would recommend getting a sample before spending the money. If you aren't liking this primer I would suggest trying it out with other foundations before giving up on it.