Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

on 4/28/2015 9:35:00 AM

I received this primer as a deluxe sample in one of my monthly subscription boxes and when i saw it in there,I was so excited! I heard a lot about this primer and I was really excited to see it in action. Upon first use, the formula seemed too liquidy, and I couldn't tell the difference in my skin's texture or tone at all. The formula seems better suited for someone with oily or normal skin, my combo to dry skin just flaked out. The actual results of this are nothing to write home about, I do not notice any long-lasting results. My skin looks as if I used zero primer at all. Benefit's That Gal works better than this! Overall it's a pretty poor product. I only use this stuff when I've run out of my other HG primer.

on 4/25/2015 12:35:00 PM

Eh it's a primer. It does the job but no better than any other primer I've used. It has a slightly tacky texture since it's a water based primer and not a silicone based primer, but it just seemed average.

on 4/8/2015 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use it accidentally, because i got the small tube from duty free store when i purchase their product.
After using it, i thought it is not as good as it looks.
I feel a lil bit cakey on my skin after using my bb/foundation, and a bit oily in it.
My dry skin looks horrible after using it, no moisture at all.
After using it some times, i just throw it away.

on 4/4/2015 11:39:00 PM

I love this primer one of my favorite. This feel so good on my skin. I bought for $34 before taxed at Sephora. If you want oil control try their oil free one. This one is for normal to little oily skin. The Radiance one for Dry skin. Love Laura Mercier Primer.

on 3/17/2015 10:50:00 PM

I bought this because the Laura Mercier saleslady suggested it. I seriously don't have much primer experience but I don't think this helps my foundation stay on. It's watery and after I put it on, I don't feel like my foundation goes on any better.

on 3/5/2015 2:33:00 PM

I received this as part of a beauty box subscription and all in all it is a perfectly pleasant primer. But thats about it, I dont believe it makes my foundation last ages longer but then again it doesnt make it worse. It is a thin gel consistency and smells really nice and fresh. It applies easily and definitely smooths my skin out without drying it out (I have dry and sensitive skin so this is a big win for me).

Its a fairly pricey primer and compared to other primers in that market it just doesnt match up. For that reason I wouldnt repurchase but I will definitely finish up the tube I have and I'd use it again if it turned up in another beauty box.

on 2/21/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is honestly In the worst primers I have ever used categories. This was suggest to me by a girl that worked at sephora after they discontinued my MUFE primer -_- I told her I had oily - dry - sensitive - flaky - acne prone skin and she said this was the thing for me. Along with and without a moisturizer I played with it for a few weeks and nothing this actually was horrible. No hydrating factors - this made my concealer cake up and flake off. Did nothing for my oil control and to make things worse it settled into the expression lines on my forehead. I would not recommend this for people with skin like me. The struggle continues ..

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Used it for one week currently I received this from my ipsy subscription of January 2015 . It is smooth doesn't matter how many hours it never flakes and with dry skin makes it Dewey for all day wear . It would be fabulous if it came bigger pump type tube for your money , diff a Keeper's of makeup.

on 1/11/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a product that neither helps nor harms my makeup routine. I do not wear liquid foundation, just concealer under the eyes and nose and powder all over. I am not sure if this primer extends the wear of my face makeup. It doesn't contribute any oil and it doesn't have any super mattifying properties. I will say that sometimes if I didn't apply enough facial moisturizer, this primer combats any tightness or dullness. No scent and absorbs quickly. If you are seeking a primer to enhance foundation or keep makeup in place, I really do not think this works any miracles. I would probably stick with Smashbox or something. I don't love or hate this product which means it is not worth spending $33 USD.

on 12/3/2014 2:21:00 PM

I received this in a beauty box and I think it's perfectly ok. It didn't wow me and I would never pay full price to have it. I don't think it makes my foundation last much longer compared to how long it would last without a primer.