July 30, 2014 | 998 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got it around Christmas so they gave me 2 free travel-sized versions. So thankful.

A mediocre primer. This is my second ever foundation primer and I can't technically compare it with anything else (apart from MAC). All I can say is that it is not really amazing. This prolongs makeup and prevents it from shifting though.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by alyssamspencer

This primer was recommended to me at sephora, but after trying it a few times was disappointed. It didn't make me break out or make my skin oily like some people are saying, but it definitely didn't make my makeup last any longer. It really made no difference at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by tema560

Thankfully I only got a sample of this from Sephora, because after only 2 days of use, I began to break out with it. The saleswoman insisted it would be fine on my skin, but not only did it not help my makeup last longer, but I constantly broke out - and I haven't had that happen in years!

I would definitely not purchase this. If you have acne prone skin, do yourself a favour and skip this altogether.

I'm still searching for the perfect face primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by karebeaarr

I had high hopes for this product as the person at sephora said it works really well for people with oily skin. But, not only does this product make my face even more oily compared to when I don't even use a primer, it also makes my makeup look cakey. I would not repurchase this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Doesn't do anything that great for me. The only thing I noticed is it seems to break me out. Be careful acne-prone ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by susansteel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im really surprised that this primer has not received better reviews. I love this primer and find my make up holds all day, I have tried various primers and have yet to find one I prefer! I use this everyday and its my all time fave. I have normal to dry skin and I feel the primer helps with the odd dry patch. I would recommend this product to anyone. I use this product in my kit and everyone I have used it on comments on how well their make up lasted.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by pokette

Don't waste your money on this primer. It made my face more shiny/oily. The Foundation Primer Radiance is slightly better, but not that fantastic either.

A full-sized tube of Laura Mercier primer takes forever to use. Good value for the money spent unless it doesn't work for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by qlassik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the oil-free version works better for combination skin. It's a got a bit of a smell that took a while to get used to. I'm not done with this tube and I'm already looking for a new primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by graceshak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Leaves a somewhat sticky layer when dried on your skin so foundation adheres. It's a hit or miss item in my opinion. IF you have the perfect skin type for it (normal to combi skin) it will work well. If your skin is dry it will make your skin feel a little tight (not disturbingly, have used it on my drier days and it feels fine after a few hours when my skin oils up a little). As for oily skin I can't comment as I'm not sure if it slides off after a while. Overall a good primer if you don't mind paying more than drugstore price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by lipstickwoo

This is my first primer actually(still using it).I bought a mineral one during the summer and I think they work pretty much the same in both summer and winter days for me…It does not break me out,which is great,but it does not control oil efficiently,say generally it holds back the oil on my face no more than 3~4 hours…the price for this tube seems expensive either.since it is my first primer,I could not really compare it to others.I just wonder maybe it could work better if my skin condition is improved?