Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

3.0

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this primer, its kind of a gel texture and keeps the foundation set all day, the only gripe I have with it is that after putting it on it needs a minute or two to 'set' before you can apply your foundation.

It is expensive but it's a good primer.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My first high-end primer and I have to say this is the best I have ever tried. Most of the primers I have used make skin smoother however leave the skin a bit drying so it's harder to blend foundation on top. But this LM primer gives the right amount of smootheness and mattifying effect without taking out the natural glow of my skin. My regular foundation sits well on top of it and blends nicely. I also like to use it on its own when I don't feel like wearing foundation but need to look smooth while keeping the oil at bay. However I might not repurchase because I'm not really a fan of primers. To me, maintaining a healthy skin with skin care is more essential to make it look great than the instant-but-temporary effect of primer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

OK as a primer but broke me out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a sample of this product in the David Jones sample bag and it has lasted me ages. It definitely makes your makeup stay on better and for longer and also as I get acne and have oily and dry areas of my face it evens all of that out. I do have to blot once or twice during the day but that is just normal. Great product. Will repurchase. Will be trying the oil free version shortly too. :)

I received this primer as a deluxe sample in one of my monthly subscription boxes and when i saw it in there,I was so excited! I heard a lot about this primer and I was really excited to see it in action. Upon first use, the formula seemed too liquidy, and I couldn't tell the difference in my skin's texture or tone at all. The formula seems better suited for someone with oily or normal skin, my combo to dry skin just flaked out. The actual results of this are nothing to write home about, I do not notice any long-lasting results. My skin looks as if I used zero primer at all. Benefit's That Gal works better than this! Overall it's a pretty poor product. I only use this stuff when I've run out of my other HG primer.

Eh it's a primer. It does the job but no better than any other primer I've used. It has a slightly tacky texture since it's a water based primer and not a silicone based primer, but it just seemed average.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use it accidentally, because i got the small tube from duty free store when i purchase their product.
After using it, i thought it is not as good as it looks.
I feel a lil bit cakey on my skin after using my bb/foundation, and a bit oily in it.
My dry skin looks horrible after using it, no moisture at all.
After using it some times, i just throw it away.

I love this primer one of my favorite. This feel so good on my skin. I bought for $34 before taxed at Sephora. If you want oil control try their oil free one. This one is for normal to little oily skin. The Radiance one for Dry skin. Love Laura Mercier Primer.

I bought this because the Laura Mercier saleslady suggested it. I seriously don't have much primer experience but I don't think this helps my foundation stay on. It's watery and after I put it on, I don't feel like my foundation goes on any better.

I received this as part of a beauty box subscription and all in all it is a perfectly pleasant primer. But thats about it, I dont believe it makes my foundation last ages longer but then again it doesnt make it worse. It is a thin gel consistency and smells really nice and fresh. It applies easily and definitely smooths my skin out without drying it out (I have dry and sensitive skin so this is a big win for me).

Its a fairly pricey primer and compared to other primers in that market it just doesnt match up. For that reason I wouldnt repurchase but I will definitely finish up the tube I have and I'd use it again if it turned up in another beauty box.

Popular Primer/ Correctors