April 17, 2014 | 1850 users online

Moisturizers - Yves Saint Laurent - Hydra Tech-Optimum Hydration Creme Spf 8

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2006 12:12:00 PM More reviews by zero347

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this to be a good product. The SPF is low and I don't think it is full spectrum but it works fine for those like me who aren't in the sun much if at all. I found it moisturising enough that I did not need a second moisturiser. The package was a convenient and sanitary pump bottle. The only complaints I had are that the amount you get is small and the price rather high.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2006 3:29:00 PM More reviews by faithless

I used not to like this much, but now I think my skin have changed and this is a great light moisturiser for the tropics. It doesn't seem to break out my super sensitive skin, and smell really nice! the texture isn't sticky and spread nicely too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 1:03:00 PM More reviews by wetbandit42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was not impressed with this, as it was quite expensive for an average moisturizer. It worked well the first few days, but now it doesn't do much for me. I still have dry patches, and need to apply this more than once per day. Would not repurchase.
ETA: I don't know why, but I bought another tub of this. Bad idea! It sits on top of my skin, without sinking in, and after a while if I rub my face it sort of peels off. Yuck!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2005 1:27:00 PM More reviews by maarit

This creme worked well on most of my combination skin but when the weather got colder I still got dry patches! And the smell is pretty awful, does it have to be so strong?
I used up the 5 ml tester but won't purchase the full-size jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2005 5:41:00 AM More reviews by 405E

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is THE hydrating cream ¢×am looking for!! B/C I am on retinol, BHA, L-sorbic C treatment, my is super smooth but become ultra sensitive and dry when I put makeup on. I have tried MAC's moisturize feed, which receives high ranking in P'ville, but my skin simply doesn't buy it--My makeup looks perfect IF I don't smile, otherwise many fine line appears, makes me look like prune!! This cream,even though it is quite expensive, I will definitely buy again!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2004 11:09:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product really keeps its promise of 24-hour hydration. I woke up the morning after applying and my skin still felt soft and moisturized. I really love the consistency, which is not too watery or too heavy. Light, pleasant scent. My only complaint is the low SPF. I prefer to wear at least SPF 15.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2004 7:48:00 PM More reviews by jebba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked the scent and texture of the moisturizer. I even liked the way it moisturized my skin. But not long after using it, I got red splotches all over my decollete and a few days later a HUGE zit on my cheek. I really wanted to love this product, but it just didn't agree with my skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2004 5:52:00 AM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It indeed sinks perfectly in the skin and is perfect makeup base if you just find it moisturizing enough. I think it is too strongly scented and I wonder if this is making my cheeks so itchy. This is not able to cure my dry patches either. Maybe it is good for the summertime. I would not get this again.
EDIT: I was wrong to blame this cream. It must have been something else that made me itch. My skin looks wonderfull with this and no irritation. It is not super moisturizing but perfect for fall and spring when youre moving over from richer to lighter texture skincare or opposite way.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2004 8:59:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaH

Lovely texture , leaves you with a dewy complexion and lasts all day without making my skin greasy or dry . It is supposed to provide 24hr hydration and it does what it says. Although it doesn't say that it is oil-free , doesn't make my combination sensitive prone to breaking out skin react negatively or break out with long-term use . Pump dispenser is hygienic and it has a pleasant subtle floral fragrance and nice clean packaging . Would buy this again .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2003 3:47:00 AM More reviews by sarahlittlecutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely moisturiser and has the added bonus of sunscreen. Great consistency, not watery but not too thick. Smell is gorgeous, and not like normal suntan lotion. Very moisturising without being greasy.

I would preferhigher that spf 8 but oh well!

I would definitely purchase this again. Great packaging too.